• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
do I need to fill the AI thing for the secret ending to unlock? my ZEKE is already operational and I did the 6 Zardonov missions, do I need to fill the thing or listen maybe to the Strangelove tapes

Salaadin

dgenx said:
do I need to fill the AI thing for the secret ending to unlock? my ZEKE is already operational and I did the 6 Zardonov missions, do I need to fill the thing or listen maybe to the Strangelove tapes

I think that all you need to progress from there is a completed ZEKE (4 main parts) and the railgun optional part

Chairhome

I forgot to mention my favorite piece of dialogue so far, if you ask Miller about Snipers/Gillie suits.
Snipers... I've dealt with them before. Was his head shiny? Did you hear a talking parrot? "What are you talking about?"

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dgenx said:

No. You need to...

- Get a S rank on the Paz date mission.
- Be sure ZEKE is not on employed in an Outer Op mission.

Do that, then go to the second floor on EX Mission 001. You'll find Zardonov there and soon after that the shit will hit the fan.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Graphics Horse said:
S Rank thing isn't true.
I think you may need all optional parts equipped but not sure about that.

Well, yeah. The guide doesn't say it's needed but it still wouldn't trigger to me until I got that S rank.

These are the requirements as for the official guide:
- Complete Zadornov Mission 6
- Mother base must have been upgraded to two plants
- Railgun equipped on ZEKE
- Wait for Kaz to inform you Zadornov has escaped again (happens after comleting 3 Ex missions after the above requirements are fulfilled.
- Load Ex Mission 001 and go to second floor.

I did those, but nothing happened. Had to S the Paz date mission as well.

MDSLKTR

Just wanted to say that the animations for the metal gears are some of the best in the series. When a boss rushes you, you really feel all the weight behind him. Defintely my favorite mechanised battles in the whole franchise.

Salaadin

Has anyone played MGS4 since playing PW? Im finding Old Snake to just move so slow compared to Big Boss. I know hes Old but damn, it feels so different to me.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Pazzz paaaaazzzzzz
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

How do I deal with the deluge of soldiers during vehicle battles without killing everyone? I don't have anywhere near enough fultons to get every soldier out, so eventually there's 4 unconscious dudes that I can't do anything about except hope that the vehicle drives over their face.

LaneDS

So I picked this up last weekend (borrowed my brother's PSP to do so) and then learned he needed a bigger memory stick to play the game. So I'm waiting for one to arrive from Amazon. A question: I know that
you work towards building Metal Gear in some form
throughout the game... how big of a spoiler is that? I'm hoping "not much" as I'd like to be surprised as I play through.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LaneDS said:
So I picked this up last weekend (borrowed my brother's PSP to do so) and then learned he needed a bigger memory stick to play the game. So I'm waiting for one to arrive from Amazon. A question: I know that
you work towards building Metal Gear in some form
throughout the game... how big of a spoiler is that? I'm hoping "not much" as I'd like to be surprised as I play through.

Not a big deal. Enjoy the game! Lots of surprises ahead.

Quick question about the closing credits that I'm burning to know:
The End from MGS3 is credited, with his original voice actor. When is he in the game?

Salaadin

revolverjgw said:
How do I deal with the deluge of soldiers during vehicle battles without killing everyone? I don't have anywhere near enough fultons to get every soldier out, so eventually there's 4 unconscious dudes that I can't do anything about except hope that the vehicle drives over their face.
I know that I ran out of fultons during the hind battle but found some laying on the ground as a pick up. You might want to look around some.I'm not sure if all the vehicle missions are the same way.

Drac

Itchy//Tasty said:
Quick question about the closing credits that I'm burning to know:
The End from MGS3 is credited, with his original voice actor. When is he in the game?
You can receive a call from him in an extra op, I think you'll figure out which op it is when you'll do it :) (it's the last one of its kind, and you have to call multiple times as the answer is random, aaaaand you'll win a new camo doing so :]).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Buddy has been regaling me for the past hour or so about this one, and given that I've been playing portable RPGs non-stop on my handhelds since well into last year, I think I'm due for a change of pace.

The only hitch is that I haven't played an MGS since my MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2s double-header years ago. I've got MGS3s, MGS4, MGS PO, and now MGS PW on the backlog, but I at least want to play through MGS3s and MGS PO before starting MGS PW.

Maybe this weekend...
If I can finish Strange Journey by then!
Kind of psyched for it, now!

EekTheKat

Did a test last night with the (weapon spoiler)
EM Net
in an ad-hoc coop session and it was hilarious.

Basically we were able to
capture a vehicle in roughly 3 minutes
with a bit of coordination. Once the
net actually didn't fire
and we were scrambling to set it back up again.

The catch is of course
you can't earn an S rank if you use an EM Net
. But it's a nice change of pace from the usual non-stealth oriented shootouts that public games tend to devolve into.

oracrest

Chip N Chance said:
I ended up finding kojima about 40 hours into the game. Weird how that works.

I have keeping an eye out for him, but not yet.

I do have this one guy with a olde fashioned mustachio, and a monocle or glasses. I tried taking one of my soldiers out to a boss battle, but they couldn't take supply markers out with them. Is that an experience thing?

Do those characters level up much faster if you take them out on real missions?

Snake-87

Neo Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
You're out of luck, like myself. Uniqlo's largest shirt size is XL which is a US Large.
fat people are human too >.> .

Salaadin said:
I dont know if you can. Last place I know of was Kid Samurai (which is run by a fellow gaffer and his wife I think) but theyre mostly out of stock too. Plus Im not sure about shipping to Kuwait.

I talked myself out of it but I really want the dog tags shirt again. I should just cave in and buy it but Id probably never wear it. Ugh

thanks .. i have a us mailbox i should use it .

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Beat the game yesterday. Took me 17 hours.

Really awesome game, probably one of my top three games of the year. It's everything i wanted in a hand-held follow-up to MGS4. Going do all the extra ops and get all the metal gear zeke parts so i can see the post-credits ending!

To express disappointment, i think i'm disappointed with the storyline in this game. It was fairly enjoyable as a backdrop to the game play, but for a main-line MGS title it was pretty disappointing. Kojima needs to stop fucking around and needs to let go of his
constant referencing to MGS3, let it go snake err i mean kojima.:lol and actually have some plot-progression in the big boss titles.

can you run out of ammo in this game?

i've always had full ammo at the start of a mission, so why do you get extra ammo from outer ops, or why does extra ammo get send to mother base in regular missions?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Augemitbutter said:
can you run out of ammo in this game?

i've always had full ammo at the start of a mission, so why do you get extra ammo from outer ops, or why does extra ammo get send to mother base in regular missions?

Never had an issue with ammo either. Perhaps it becomes a problem for trigger happy people? I play the game as it is intended to be played.

You can run out of ammo by essentially grinding, ie, if you fight bosses continually and use multiple supply drops per fight, you can eventually run out of Gustav ammo, for instance. I think VS/COOPS ammo use also drains your totals.

If you play the campaign single player a lot, it's pretty hard to drain your totals much though; I'm at 9999 for most ammo types.

I love this game but trying to capture 5 Red-Skull choppers solo is incredibly hard when it does so much damage. I got the captain down to about 10% health once. :(

I'm trying to complete ZEKE, where can i get the (Boss spoilers)
railgun? any of the AI bosses? The only one the seems to have a railgun of it's own it the flying one. But if i target it and damage it I can't get it, only the AI boards. So is it a matter of luck?

Thanks.

DualShadow said:
railgun? any of the AI bosses? The only one the seems to have a railgun of it's own it the flying one. But if i target it and damage it I can't get it, only the AI boards. So is it a matter of luck?

Thanks.

Don't target it. Bring
FIM rocket launcher and use it for the whole battle. Easy S-rank, that might increase your chances of getting it too.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Don't target it. Bring
FIM rocket launcher and use it for the whole battle. Easy S-rank, that might increase your chances of getting it too.

Yeah that's what i did a few times but no
railgun :( , do you know if only the flying one 'drops' it?

Thanks.

DualShadow said:

Thanks.

go for S rank and target the AI pod only, worked for me.

TTP said:
Never had an issue with ammo either. Perhaps it becomes a problem for trigger happy people? I play the game as it is intended to be played.

The only ammo i would be worried about is tranq ammo since its all i use :lol

Augemitbutter said:
same here, i've only killed people in boss battles so far.

No kills for me, CQC and tranqs FTW

way more

Er, so how old is Paz?

And is there a way to select multiple soldiers so I can fire their worthless asses? I remember this being a problem in the Ops games.

mac said:
Er, so how old is Paz?

And is there a way to select multiple soldiers so I can fire their worthless asses? I remember this being a problem in the Ops games.

Have you finished Chapter 5? If not, don't highlight the sentence below.

Nobody knows, her name and age were given by Cipher

Dayumn, chapter 5 finish is great.
ZEKE's railgun and stomp attacks are cheap as hell, but oh well. I like the adjusted ending. Time to remake MG1!!

For things like the
Pupa, how do you get to keep it? WIth thanks you can just neutralize the commander once he comes out, but since the Pupa is unmanned, is there a way to not destroy it?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Oh shit, i just found out there's a bunch of codec conversations in the briefings. How did i not realize this earlier? :lol

Also post-ending spoilers how do you get S-rank on
A date with paz

Lafiel said:
Oh shit, i just found out there's a bunch of codec conversations in the briefings. How did i not realize this earlier? :lol

Because you're like me and automatically assumed that feature would just replay Miller's intro? :lol Yeah I didn't find out until past midway through the game. :lol

Lafiel said:
Also post-ending spoilers how do you get S-rank on
A date with paz

Fill up your codec slots with as many positive lines as you can (you may have to get more heroism points to unlock more) and use each on her twice or so (until that line doesn't trigger hearts over her head).

Blu_LED said:
For things like the
Pupa, how do you get to keep it? WIth thanks you can just neutralize the commander once he comes out, but since the Pupa is unmanned, is there a way to not destroy it?

You have to destroy it so you can get the parts for the one your gonna eventually build.

Goes for the others too

If there was a way i would love to do it

Fuck that
torture scene. Seriously. I had to retry that bullshit so many fucking times because the third shock went on far to long and I would lose focus or my hand would cramp in my mashing position. It brought no joy when I finally beat it.
. It's bullshit.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Fuck that
torture scene. Seriously. I had to retry that bullshit so many fucking times because the third shock went on far to long and I would lose focus or my hand would cramp in my mashing position. It brought no joy when I finally beat it.
. It's bullshit.

i always wonder how people fail on such simple things,
my fingers must be from another world, the bar barely dropped.

Augemitbutter said:

yeah, i found myself disappointed at how easy it was. took all the tension out of it because my bar barely went down at all.

Augemitbutter said:
I've never had trouble with it in the other games. It could be the psp that held me back or just this one scenario. Regardless, no
QuickTime button mash sequence should hold a gamer back from progressing in a game. I almost died in an alert right after it and nearly had to repeat that shit. I would have screamed if that had happened.

Top Bottom