• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How is the co-op experience in PW?

Trying to convince a friend to get it so we can play together, but I really don't have much of an idea of how it plays out with friends. Only played PW briefly on PSP solo last year.

Desmond

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah, after that original trailer I was hoping SO hard they'd use him instead of Hayter. Such a disappointment.
I watched the majority of scenes on YT but never found one I saw in a trailer:

It was Snake saying ''Call me Big Boss'' Or something, may have been an older Big Boss too

Man, this thread pushed me over to the LE (ps3 version).

Wondering though....Looks like they are just putting a normal PS3 version inside the LE case. I'd like to play tonight.....if the above is the case, then I could just buy the game tonight, play it, and then take back the version that comes with my LE, since they should be the same exact thing (?)

LiK

MikeE21286 said:

Wondering though....Looks like they are just putting a normal PS3 version inside the LE case. I'd like to play tonight.....if the above is the case, then I could just buy the game tonight, play it, and then take back the version that comes with my LE, since they should be the same exact thing (?)
Only reason to pick up LE is for artbook.

Desmond

MikeE21286 said:

It may say 'Not to be sold separately'. May be just a repackage though

SamuraiX-

letsbereasonable said:
My extremely rudimentary stock checking methods (putting 999 items in the cart), shows that GS.com has about 30 copies of the PS3 LE left, so jump while you can if interested.

There were 600+ X360 versions still in inventory...

RAWR

Fuck it.

I'm going for it.

Branson

God damn. These games here. Fuuuck. Better than ever in HD. Starting with MGS2. I'm one of those weird people that really like all of the MGS games.

Yenrot said:
It was my GOTY 2010, and I think I stand by that, even though I have played RDR and Bayonetta since. The only thing that soured it was
Paz turning evil, Miller being a bit evil as well. Wasn't too upset with the Boss business.
. Sunk 100 hours in. Didn't get to play COOPs either.

Same. I sunk a lot of time in it and beat the entire thing solo which was pretty much my only option since nobody I knew owned a PSP and I couldnt be bothered to use adhoc on my PS3.

I didn't 100% it or anything but I shelfed it after S ranking
The Monster Hunter Bosses
solo.

As for the plot points you mentioned, I thought they worked pretty well with the overall story. I can see how people might be peeved by how it turns out though.

Ugh went all the way to the store (Game Trader) and the dumb ass working there tells me they don't carry LE versions of games because "they don't sell".....never mind the fact that when I called I specifically said do you have the MGS HD Collection Limited Edition for PS3.

letsbereasonable said:
Any latecomers to the LE on Gamestop can use the code KANG to drop the price by 10
ordered from GS online (special thanks for the $10 off you rock!), I swear if they ship it in a bubble mailer and it gets damaged........(Oh Amazon why must you be out of stock)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
KennyLinder said:
Am I right in saying the PS3 version has Platinums for MGS2, MGS3 and PW, whereas Xbox shares 1000G for 2+3?

Yes. I think it's because MGS2 and 3 share a disc and are bound to the 1000 achievements per release rule (in Japan, MGS2 and 3 is sold separately from PW). Obviously PS3 has no limitations as they have multiple platinums on previous collection releases

omgkitty

I chatted with Amazon to see if they could open up my cancelled order for the LE, but they wouldn't do it. I swear the people they have working on chat never have any clue what anything is. I tried to explain to him it wasn't in stock, but one dude was selling it for $150 so he recommended I buy from that guy. SMH

SamuraiX-

Ordered!

Total: $79.41 (including shipping and tax)

Thanks, letsbereasonable! :D

Let's see if GameStop can restore any faith in me that may be left for them.

Desmond

KennyLinder said:
Am I right in saying the PS3 version has Platinums for MGS2, MGS3 and PW, whereas Xbox shares 1000G for 2+3?
Yep

ico.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-2-hd/trophies/

ico.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd/trophies/

ico.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-hd/trophies/
Peace Walker's image looks lazy

Sanic

The Gamestop I went to had a couple LEs that weren't reserved, but I passed.

I never ended up finishing MGS 2 or 3, and i've never played PW, so this should be good.

Foxix Von

darthbob said:
Does the PS3 version support 1080i?

Not sure if anyone's answered this yet but no it doesn't. The back of the box says it supports 1080i and 1080p however it seems to be a mistake as even when disabling lower resolutions it doesn't upscale.

Lothars

I got my copy dissapointed because I thought I preordered the PS3 version but it was the 360 version I got.

O well, I love the artbook and I am really glad I got it.

B.K.

I just got back from picking up my LE. I guy I went to school with works at the Gamestop I went to. He was pretty disappointed when I picked it up. He said he was going to get it if no one came in and claimed it. The store only got ONE copy of the LE and that was my preorder. I must be the only person in my county that doesn't want Modern Warfare 3. I was in there probably 30 minutes and in that time, there were probably a dozen people picking it up for 360.

Desmond

Dwayne said:
Is LE still available anywhere :/
Some guys have said GameStop

B.K. said:
I just got back from picking up my LE. I guy I went to school with works at the Gamestop I went to. He was pretty disappointed when I picked it up. He said he was going to get it if no one came in and claimed it. The store only got ONE copy of the LE and that was my preorder. I must be the only person in my county that doesn't want Modern Warfare 3. I was in there probably 30 minutes and in that time, there were probably a dozen people picking it up for 360.
MGS?

Salaadin

Just got my Metal Gear Rising promo credit. Going to preorder it now so I can be sure I get a copy when it releases in 2017.

omgkitty

Called 2 Gamestops and they both told me "preorder only". The first one pissed me off because she acted like they had a bunch in stock and asked me why I didn't want the collectors edition. I had been saying Limited Edition the whole time, so she got confused and it turns out they only had the normal versions. Fuck. How is Gamestop with shipping? Really don't want this to get messed up!

SamuraiX-

SamuraiX- said:
letsbereasonable said:
Any latecomers to the LE on Gamestop can use the code KANG to drop the price by 10 bucks. Tax and shipping bring it back up, but it's better than getting nailed with tax and no coupon in store.
This is awesome! Thanks so much.

Details:
Coupon KANG - $10 off in-stock purchases of $69.99 or more. Excludes consoles, bundles, DLC, select PC products and Gift Cards. Online only. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 11/15/11.

Requoting myself because people are still looking.

I just did this with the $2.99 shipping option and total price was $78.63 after tax.

Digital-Hero said:
I actually like the original the best. Part 2 jumped the shark, especially with all those codec transmissions at the end. It's a mess but that is MGS in general.

Why is jumping the shark taken as a bad thing? You're supposed to jump a shark. Otherwise you'll get EATEN! O_O

Salaadin said:
Just got my Metal Gear Rising promo credit. Going to preorder it now so I can be sure I get a copy when it releases in 2017.

:lol
:'(

Top Bottom