• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Mr.Fresh

Fox318 said:
I'm really thinking of picking this up as I've never played a Metal gear game but what are my options to play MGS1?
PSN PS2 PS1 or Twin Snakes on Gamecube ( I believe this one is made by a different studio.)

Dat MGS3 menu music... sounds incredible on my new sound system, over the piece of shit I had when I first played the game in '04. So good.

THESE GAMES ARE AWESOME HOLY SHIT.

Thank god they released this collection, I thought I'd never get the chance to play these! I'm not going to have to buy a new game for WEEKS with all the shit to do on this collection!

feel

SamuraiX- said:
‎"(╯°□°)╯︵
Obx5F.png
holy shit :lol :lol

Cels

B.K. said:
Buy the PS2 Metal Gear Solid collection Konami released a few years ago or buy it from the PSN.

Or you can buy a standalone PS1 disc/PC disc copy.

Last resort would be Twin Snakes.

KennyLinder said:
Am I right in saying the PS3 version has Platinums for MGS2, MGS3 and PW, whereas Xbox shares 1000G for 2+3?

Did not know that, its a bit odd but then again RE4 HD had 1000G on 360 and the PS3 did not have a platinum to go with it. Not a big deal but with that, the controller differences and the addition of Transfarring I'm glad I got the PS3 version instead.

demigod said:
Damnit, just had the LE add to cart disappear on me at gamestop while fiddling with the power up rewards.

yikes now GS online is sold out (of PS3), I just ordered that a few hours ago. I wonder how many of each were printed and what the SKU breakdown was.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So do any retail outlets other than gamestop have the limited editions in stores? Like does best buy or target sell em? I assume no because i didnt see the sku on their website for the limited edition.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ace_235 said:
If I transfar ( or watever its called.) My save from psp to ps3 can I get trophies if I redo all the missions?

I think someone in the thread explaining it as when you start a save it signs it with your PSN ID or something acknowledging that the save is legit for your account.

So I think you have to start over on PS3, but once you do you're free to earn/work towards trophies on PSP

Fox318 said:
I'm really thinking of picking this up as I've never played a Metal gear game but what are my options to play MGS1?

Buy it on PSN for 10 dollars, play it on PS3 or PSP

No better alternative for new players at this point

Trin3785 said:
So do any retail outlets other than gamestop have the limited editions in stores? Like does best buy or target sell em? I assume no because i didnt see the sku on their website for the limited edition.

Not from what I have seen, the GS stores got very few (some not even enough to cover pre-orders) and Best Buy said they are not going to stock it when I called them today, have not seen it at Walmart, Target or ToysRUs either and the smaller chains like Game Trader do not carry it either.

Fox318

It just seems weird to release a collection with every Metal Gear game except MGS1.

Looks like I need to dig the ps2 out then as I don't have a PS3.

overcast

So for a newbie. How would you guys rate the story in each respective game? I'm expecting a lot from the gameplay department. Story has always been debated it seems.

overcast said:
So for a newbie. How would you guys rate the story in each respective game? I'm expecting a lot from the gameplay department. Story has always been debated it seems.
They're all great to me in their own ways. MGS3's story is a lot more straight forward than MGS2's which is a tad complicated. MGS1 was pretty awesome and straight forward as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
kingslunk said:
Going to play them all in release order. Metal Gear - Metal Gear 2 - Metal Gear Solid - MGS2 - MGS3 - MGS4 - Peace Walker.

Here we go for another full play through.
I'm going to play them all in chronological order.

MGS3 - MGS:pW - MG - MG2 - MGS1 - MGS2 - MGS4

I don't have Portable Ops so I'll have to skip that one.

ACESmkII

Bluepoint, if you guys are lurking in this thread.

Thank you for the awesome HD collections. You guys always do it the best.

Slurmer

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché said:
Bah, my LE order with Amazon still shows 'Not Yet Shipped'. Getting a little nervous.

same here. if they try to send me the 360 version ill just return it. they've yet to email me with anything about the item being sold out, etc.

Revolutionary said:
Dat MGS3 menu music... sounds incredible on my new sound system, over the piece of shit I had when I first played the game in '04. So good.

Haha, I can't wait to hear this on my Onkyo!

Branson

For a PSP game PW is...damn. Feels great too with 2 analogues. Glad others will be able to play this fantastic game now.

I think if you've already played through the games, it's a lot of fun to go through chronologically. I wouldn't reccommend that to a new player though.

Desmond said:
Don't worry, we're getting MGS4S, Policenauts HD, Snatcher HD, sDatcher and a Rising Demo aswell as Compensation.

And European Extreme Extreme difficulty
Also Ryan Payton will be abducted by Konami Europe (becuase they can't all be playing PES right?) to be held in stocks and bludgeoned with copies of Portable Ops. + Kojima will eat your snake and "rike it" etc etc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TemplaerDude said:
:| Holy delayed title card. I JUST MADE IT TO THE INTRO? I LOVE THIS GAME (MGS3).

Fuck yes fuck yes, best collection EVER.

Haha, first time playing?

5th game is Metal Gear 2

So on the PS2, the tutorials had dialogue telling you how to control the game right? (plus the select icon to jump into the codec sequence) Does this mean they redid those parts of the dialogue for the 360 version? Just a curiosity.

Sorry if this was asked/covered already.

LiK

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Also Ryan Payton will be abducted by Konami Europe (becuase they can't all be playing PES right?) to be held in stocks and bludgeoned with copies of Portable Ops. + Kojima will eat your snake and "rike it" etc etc.

Ryan Payton is playing superior version :p

My fedex shipment from newegg has said "out for delivery" from the town next to mine since this morning. It is now past 6:30 and it still isn't here. Frowny face.

B.K.

Kagari said:
Mine should be here tomorrow *_*

You need to hurry and finish Type-0.

The LE box is pretty big. It's going to be hard to store the game in a shelf. It's going to take up a lot of space. It's almost as bad as the Atelier Rorona box.

So psyched to play through these games in Japanese. I have a deep, deep love for the Japanese voice cast.

Probably gonna pick up a lot of difficult political/scientific/weird vocabulary while I'm at it.

Wario64 said:
Haha, first time playing?

5th game is Metal Gear 2

I've only ever played MGS1 on the PC and MGS4 on the PS3. I loved both of those games and the announcement of this collection made me incredibly happy.

Top Bottom