• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

SamuraiX-

Darknessbear said:
I agree. Because Twin Snakes is so much better than MGS2 and 3 that I couldn't get it right away either.

‎"(╯°□°)╯︵
Obx5F.png

dreamfall

Gamestop came through with the LE- so happy about it! I'm very excited to finally play Peace Walker with that 2nd analog stick!

Synless

I was going to pick up a copy to start playing today from GameStop until my copy from amazon comes in but the herd of sheep for MW3 was piled outside the damn store!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Page count on the artbook?

Just curious which retailer listing was right and how it compares to the japanese release

If they really did take out the MGS1 material that's kind of a bummer.

leng jai

Desmond said:
wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Says on the box, someone in this thread has said they can't get it to go past 720p though

Yeah that doesn't mean much this gen. It means upscaled 98% of the time, hell even MW3 says 1080p on the box.

Lothars

Retro_ said:
Page count on the artbook?

Just curious which retailer listing was right and how it compares to the japanese release

If they really did take out the MGS1 material that's kind of a bummer.

I would say around 260 pages because table of contents are 004 - MGS 2 088 - MGS3 and 180 - MGS Peace Walker.

Lothars said:
I would say around 260 pages because table of contents are 004 - MGS 2 088 - MGS3 and 180 - MGS Peace Walker.
Considering those pages, the Japanese LE artbook must be insane with 450 pages. Unless 280 pages out of THAT one are only MGS1 art. XD

Damn, I didn't know the original metal gear games were on there. Honestly with those, MGS1 for psx would not be such a bad thing to have regardless of how it looks.

kingslunk

Going to play them all in release order. Metal Gear - Metal Gear 2 - Metal Gear Solid - MGS2 - MGS3 - MGS4 - Peace Walker.

Here we go for another full play through.

LiK

kingslunk said:
Going to play them all in release order. Metal Gear - Metal Gear 2 - Metal Gear Solid - MGS2 - MGS3 - MGS4 - Peace Walker.

Here we go for another full play through.

the correct way to play!

Desmond said:
OH MAH GAWD, FUCK YOU KONAMI EUROPE
This 100%.

Why the fuck do we have to wait till Febuary? Are they trying to recreate the huge gap we had to wait for Snake Eater. They blamed localization that time, what's the fucking hold up now!?

Please god, let us have the artbook too. If there's one LE I'd buy for the sake of the art it would be an MGS one.

ACESmkII

Limited Edition get!!!

Amazing collection. The artbook is very high quality.

Snake Eater looks unbelievable at 720p 60fps.

Peace Walker plays fantastic with a second analog stick.

Brandon F said:
How is the co-op experience in PW?

Trying to convince a friend to get it so we can play together, but I really don't have much of an idea of how it plays out with friends. Only played PW briefly on PSP solo last year.

It's fucking awesome, even on PSP. Me and my GF played the game solo but together for 100 hours, then we got another copy and played it again co-op for 100 more hours.

Lazlo Woodbine said:
This 100%.

Why the fuck do we have to wait till Febuary? Are they trying to recreate the huge gap we had to wait for Snake Eater. They blamed localization that time, what's the fucking hold up now!?

Please god, let us have the artbook too. If there's one LE I'd buy for the sake of the art it would be an MGS one.

Oh snap! That sucks.

Desmond

Digital-Hero said:
Oh snap! That sucks.
Don't worry, we're getting MGS4S, Policenauts HD, Snatcher HD, sDatcher and a Rising Demo aswell as Compensation.

And European Extreme Extreme difficulty

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's some Metal Gear pics. Last pic in bigger res so you can count your little pixels, you bastards

FC7tL.jpg

519xK.jpg

0iaWH.jpg

Tomasooie

This is going to be the first game I've bought on/around release in a long time.

PS3 version should be superior/equal in all aspects, right? How many discs is the 360 version?

Desmond

Tomasooie said:
This is going to be the first game I've bought on/around release in a long time.

PS3 version should be superior/equal in all aspects, right? How many discs is the 360 version?
Controls are pressure sensitive on PS3, 360 is 2 discs

Ace_235 said:
If I transfar ( or watever its called.) My save from psp to ps3 can I get trophies if I redo all the missions?
I think trophies are disabled

@Wario, is the dialogue HD in the oldies?looks great

Fox318

I'm really thinking of picking this up as I've never played a Metal gear game but what are my options to play MGS1?

Top Bottom