• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
B.K. said:
You need to hurry and finish Type-0.

The LE box is pretty big. It's going to be hard to store the game in a shelf. It's going to take up a lot of space. It's almost as bad as the Atelier Rorona box.

Yes, I do need to finish that. But MGS3 might be calling me instead *_* One of the best games ever made.

Bebpo

Banned
Mine shipped from Amazon, yayyy

Looking forward to the artbook, though not going to play the games for a few years since I just did a full series replay right before MGS4 and Peace Walker was wayyy too recent. Every 5-10 years is the sweet spot for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just realized from the MGS3 intro that Snake's head gear says "METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER"

Not even sure that was readable on the PS2 version

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fox318 said:
So I'm confused. Which version of MGS should I get? PS2/PS or Twin Snakes?

Twin Snakes is not MGS1

I don't hate the game but I don't think it should be played in place of the original.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LiK said:
i'm glad MGS3 HD came out before 3DS ver. judging from previews, that version looks like shit.
The 3DS version was a contributing factor to me buying a 3DS at launch, but then of course, we saw more of the game and it started to look pretty terrible. I'm glad I bought a 3DS regardless, but still, thank god for this collection.

burgerdog

God, I dodged a serious bullet by not buying a 3DS after seeing the SE 3DS version. So incredibly happy to finally have mgs3 at 720p and 60fps.

Branson

Wario64 said:
I just realized from the MGS3 intro that Snake's head gear says "METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER"

I noticed that too. Never did notice it before.

An-Det

Did they remove the option to fast-click R2/L2 to quick equip/unequp stuff?

Edit: Nevermind. I hadn't gotten the backpack yet, it worked once I had an actual weapon.

Wario64 said:

I noticed that as well, that was pretty neat to see.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
i canceled my Amazon order after you mentioned your experience. ;)

Ugly mess really... and with the HD collection supporting transfarring... the 3DS version is fairly lackluster unfortunately.

robotzombie said:
It even looked great back when I played it on my ps3 from the ps2 collection that came out

Yeah, the style caused it to age like fine wine. It never looked bad on my HDTV. MGS3, on the other hand, had much more fine detail and busier backgrounds. That looked a bit rough on a big TV. I confess I kind of want to rush through MGS2 to get to MGS3. And when I do I'm going to wear a condom so I don't ruin any underwear.

B.K.

Kagari said:
Ugly mess really... and with the HD collection supporting transfarring... the 3DS version is fairly lackluster unfortunately.

But the 3DS version is in 3D! That makes up for everything!

LiK said:
i'm glad MGS3 HD came out before 3DS ver. judging from previews, that version looks like shit.

Agreed, I can't believe how misleading those early shots and preview video were. Shame really, but it looks like the only way I will be playing MGS3 on a portable is if/when I pick up this collection for the Vita.

I was going to drop by Gamestop for MW3 (PC) and The MGS Collection for PS3 but the line was huge so I drifted out of that parking lot into Best Buy's however they had no copies of MGS :(

Snaku

Banned
Got a reply from Amazon about my PS3 LE order.

Hello,

I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by November 14, 2011.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped with your tracking number.

Your order could ship any time between now and right before the estimated delivery date

So they are expecting another shipment between now and the 14th. I'll just be patient.

ACESmkII

icespide said:
bah looks like I won't get a chance to play this tonight =( how is the surround sound?
Tried all three in 5.1 with the volume so high the house was shaking.
Sounded amazing!

dubc35

Has anyone picked up a $40 copy from Fry's in store yet? Their website for my local store (Renton, WA) says available for preorder and not available for in store pickup. Their website is not always the most accurate from past experiences though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Mothman91 said:
Picked it up before class. Should be playing in a couple of hours. How's everyone playing it? Mgs2, 3, then PW??

I'm going to play 3 and PW concurrently(3 is easiest platinum and I want to play PW while the playerbase is at its peak) and then sink my teeth into MGS2 and its trophy pack(excited as it'll be the first time I attempt alot of the content)

I'm curious what 3 looks like at 60 frames as well so that'll be what I boot first

dubc35 said:
Has anyone picked up a $40 copy from Fry's in store yet? Their website for my local store (Renton, WA) says available for preorder and not available for in store pickup. Their website is not always the most accurate from past experiences though.

Got mine at Lamestop in Redmond, WA.

Mothman91 said:
Picked it up before class. Should be playing in a couple of hours. How's everyone playing it? Mgs2, 3, then PW??

I'm am playing in the release order and not the timeline order.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So has anyone transfar'd into Peace Walker PSP, do something that would warrant a trophy, then transfar back? Do you get the trophy or are you screwed?

Wario64 said:
So has anyone transfar'd into Peace Walker PSP, do something that would warrant a trophy, then transfar back? Do you get the trophy or are you screwed?

There's a trophy for transfarring? I sold my PSP months ago. =/

Loto

dubc35 said:
It probably differs from Store to store but I can only seem to get new releases on Wednesday at Frys. I'm going to check tomorrow.

MechaX

Oh. This came out... today. Hm.

I dunno, given how my budget is not that huge, it's pretty much either this, Skyrim, or Skyward Sword. One point in its favor is how I have neither replayed through MGS2/3 in years and never played through Peace Walker. On the other hand, MGS4 has effectively soured my tastes on all things Metal Gear. Hm...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Square Triangle said:
There's a trophy for transfarring? I sold my PSP months ago. =/

He's asking if you can meet requirements for trophies with your save on PSP, transfer back and get credit for them on PSN

Doomrider

Wario64 said:
I just watched Gametrailers' review and they say that you don't get the trophies if you met the requirement while playing on the PSP.

EDIT: I misunderstood. Apparently, the trophies will not unlock ONLY if you're playing with someone else's save or a save created on the PSP. Sorry for the confusion. GT review - 04:10

dubc35

Digital-Hero said:
Got mine at Lamestop in Redmond, WA.
My local lamestop has it as well. It's not that I want to save $10 that bad but I don't want any of my money going to lamestop. My local best buy and target were out also.

Loto said:
It probably differs from Store to store but I can only seem to get new releases on Wednesday at Frys. I'm going to check tomorrow.
thanks for the info, i'll check it tomorrow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Doomrider said:
I just watched Gametrailers' review and they say that you don't get the trophies if you met the requirement while playing on the PSP.

EDIT: I misunderstood. Apparently, the trophies will not unlock ONLY if you're playing with someone else's save or a save created on the PSP. Sorry for the confusion. GT review - 04:10

So as long as you started the game on PS3, you're good? Shit yeah. Collection of the forever.

Top Bottom