• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

chifanpoe

burgerdog said:
Like I said, mgs2 and 3 don't tear. Peace Walker definitely does, you just haven't noticed it or have overscan on your tv.

1:1 pixel mode on my sony. Have only put in about an hour on peace walker, when did you notice the tearing i will look for it?

soldat7

Bob Coffee said:
Anyone with the LE open the artbook yet? worth the extra moolah or better to stick with the disk only version?

For the Metal Gear fan, it's definitely worth it. It's a nice, big, quality book. Smells great too.

Played about 3 hours of MGS2 and it's so cleeean. The controls are still getting to me though. Never liked the pressure sensitive stuff, and the amount of buttons needed for first person cornering is hilarious these days. Still, enjoying the hell out of it. The Tanker section made me feel giddy all over again. I still remember the 10+ page blowout in PSM detailing every section of the demo.

soldat7 said:
For the Metal Gear fan, it's definitely worth it. It's a nice, big, quality book. Smells great too.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sniffed the hell out of that book. It's a thing of beauty.

burgerdog

chifanpoe said:
1:1 pixel mode on my sony. Have only put in about an hour on peace walker, when did you notice the tearing i will look for it?
There was some during the tutorial. So far everything after that has had excessive tearing, even some of the 2D cutscenes.

Emily Chu

Banned
the way the clothes move in some of the cutscenes look mad weird @ 60 FPS

3 that is

there are some like rare dips when the action gets a bit crazy in 3...

360 version

SamuraiX-

Still no confirmation from GameStop. :(

Looks like they went out of stock with the PS3 LE sometime between yesterday afternoon when I made the pre-order and tonight.

Yep. I'm probably fucked.

jacket320

Picked it up tonight and started into MGS2. The music on the main menu brought back some good memories! 1 hour in and having trouble remembering where to go :p

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just got the collection. Extreme and Euro Extreme are locked in MGS2.

Bullshit KojiPro. Fuck you.

Brandon F

giancarlo123x said:
I was just thinking about this...someone please tell me the 360 controls for peace walker are not lb and rb to aim and shoot.

Three different configs for Peace Walker. Default(titled Shooter: "MGS4 style") is just like the PSP controls(LT Aims, RT shoots) and of course the Right stick is now camera panning. Didn't try other two configs(One based off MGO, and the other is Monster Hunter).

MGS2 and 3 control just fine on 360. Pretty much identical to the PS2 games.

burgerdog

Brandon F said:
Just got the collection. Extreme and Euro Extreme are locked in MGS2.

Bullshit KojiPro. Fuck you.
Create a file and save then go back to the main menu. Start a new game and see if everything is unlocked. Everything unlocked for me mgs3 after creating a save file. I'm not sure if it bugged out.

JoeFenix

Great ports, noticed mgs2 was missing some water distortion effects during the end of the tanker Ray escape cutscene but other than that it's pretty much perfect.

What resolution and Anti-aliasing solution are MGS2 and MGS3 running at? So damn clean, must be a combo of MSAA + MLAA or something. Either way, this is how you do a HD collection!

Brandon F

burgerdog said:
Create a file and save then go back to the main menu. Start a new game and see if everything is unlocked. Everything unlocked for me mgs3 after creating a save file. I'm not sure if it bugged out.

MGS3 had everything unlocked at the start for me. I read a bit of the digital manual for MGS2 on the title select screen, and it says within that you need to beat the game first to play Extreme difficulties even there(even more strange since that isn't required in MGS3).

So again, bullshit.

Do you have to pick a specific MGS answer at the beginning of 3 for the other difficulties? I only see Hard at the hard end of the spectrum in MGS3.

burgerdog

CloakedPuppet said:
Guys, maybe I'm missing it but is there a way to exit the games back to the game select screen in order to read the manuals?

MGS2 and 3 allow you to go back to the title select screen from the main menu.

EL Beefo

burgerdog said:
MGS2 and 3 allow you to go back to the title select screen from the main menu.

I think he means while in the game. It's always something that bugged me about the games, especially when trying to get the frogs in MGS3 during the driving parts. I would miss one and have to reset the system just to try again. At least now I can do it with the controller instead of getting up every time.

burgerdog

EL Beefo said:
I think he means while in the game. It's always something that bugged me about the games, especially when trying to get the frogs in MGS3 during the driving parts. I would miss one and have to reset the system just to try again. At least now I can do it with the controller instead of getting up every time.

You can do that, too. Go to the options > return to title screen. Simple.

benzy said:
a7sq77b.jpg

I gotta nitpick: you know, you can turn that blue led off. It's distracting :p

So... look at the writing on the 1st door you come to in the Big Shell.

It says "Metal Gear 2: Guns of Patriots." (It looks like a 2 to me)

I wonder if that's always been there? Can someone with a PS2 confirm?

Daigoro

Brandon F said:
MGS2 and 3 control just fine on 360. Pretty much identical to the PS2 games.
sounds good enough. thanks.

-

so it looks like the 360 LE is still available? is it just the PS3 version thats selling out, or are people having problems getting their 360 LE's shipped too?

now that i hear the art book is nice, im getting tempted...

Looks like the their continued partnership with Play Arts next year will not be limited to MGS1 Snake and Grey Fox (Meryl was also announced)... here comes Solidus (with detachable tentacles)!

Ad2zS9ACIAEmOc2.jpg
Ad2w5GqCQAAACji.jpg

Top Bottom