• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

LiK

In case you guys haven't seen this, Metal Gear Rex by 3A Toys:

rexy.jpg

2 years in the making; lights up; quality ABS plastic construction (think Soul of HCM Series, but HUGE!).
For preorder Jan 2012, price TBD (around $500) from www.bambalandstore.com
Possibly 2 colorways: game original and an Ashley Wood ver.

FUCK, been waiting years for this. I will buy the shit outta this. The site doesn't have it there. WTH.

iamcenok

I cant remember but MGS1 snake hold up mode how the heck are you supposed to hold them up when the button isnt touch sensitive? I am on 360.

In 3rd person while holding an enemy up -- hold down the Left Bumper and youll be able to run with your gun out.

It took me a while to get used to because I remember it being so much easier during the Ps2 days.

EDIT: Fuck, I want that model. Holy shit.. So much monies tho....

So glad to see all the Japanese LEs coming in today. Mine also came in today. :)
mgshd-LEs.jpg

The box is actually smaller than the Peace Walker HD LE, but it is much heavier because of the book.

FUCK, been waiting years for this. I will buy the shit outta this. The site doesn't have it there. WTH.

It's up for preorder in Jan 2012. Sign up for the weekly newsletter if you like:
http://www.threeaonline.com/newsletter_signup.html

Or peruse the archives:
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/home/?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=a0522b895a

Yes it does!

Fuck yea I'm an MGS2 master.

6421475273_79f1b079ff.jpg

A few clarifications on trophies/achievements:

- For Rent Money, you can beat up the same soldier 30 times, it doesn't have to be 30 different people. Just wake them up with coolant and pound them again. The choking and tranquilize trophies are similar, but you'll get those naturally in Mission Mode.

- For Complete Stealth, you're allowed to use special items and play on Very Easy.

- As I posted earlier, for Great Dane, you don't actually have to get all the dog tags. It unlocks after getting the Blue Wig.

Now it's time for me to go into the jungles of Tselinoyarsk.

Impressive.

As someone who 100% literally everything in MGS2: SOL and Substance, the prospect of doing so again in HD, is enough to make me cack my self.

Anyone got any more news on the European release? The JP boxart (hell I'd settle for something like the NA one honestly) is <3, if Konami fuck us with some HD Classics shit (ala Silent Hill) I will be pissed.

zychi

Banned
Fuck yea I'm an MGS2 master.

6421475273_79f1b079ff.jpg

A few clarifications on trophies/achievements:

- For Rent Money, you can beat up the same soldier 30 times, it doesn't have to be 30 different people. Just wake them up with coolant and pound them again. The choking and tranquilize trophies are similar, but you'll get those naturally in Mission Mode.

- For Complete Stealth, you're allowed to use special items and play on Very Easy.

- As I posted earlier, for Great Dane, you don't actually have to get all the dog tags. It unlocks after getting the Blue Wig.

Now it's time for me to go into the jungles of Tselinoyarsk.

I can't wait til finals are over and I can finally do this too.

I'm collecting dog-tags on Hard while doing a no-alert run. It's good to know I don't have to get the tags on extreme. If I do play on that difficulty, I'd like to focus on survival first.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I still have the limited edition still in the wrapper. Afraid to open it and lose a chunk of my life again lol.

Just got my MGS4 Risk in though, gonna rock that here soon with some friends.

Kwixotik

I've never played an MGS game, but picked up the collection on Black Friday. Is the first one required reading before the collection? If so, original or Twin Snakes?

Salaadin

I've never played an MGS game, but picked up the collection on Black Friday. Is the first one required reading before the collection? If so, original or Twin Snakes?

Id say that MGS2 should not be experienced without playing MGS1 first. MGS3 and PW, not so much.
Regarding your second question, my personal opinion is that MGS1 is by far the better choice to make if you want to experience the MGS1 story and gameplay. Twin Snakes isnt bad but it pales in comparison to the original.

The first game is only 10 bucks on PSN, I think.

Aristion

Banned
So I'm stuck on Peace Walker...
I finished chapter 4, built Metal Gear ZEKE, equipped it with everything including the railgun, completed ALL of the extra OPS, built a new plant on my base, completed all of the Zadornov capture missions and leveled up my intel team over lvl. 40. I STILL haven't received a call from Kaz alerting me of Zadornov's 7th escape.

What am I supposed to do?!?

thechemist

It would be awesome if you could play MGS1, the links between the games are quite huge.

Try to play the original if you can.

Roto13

If you have a PS3 or PSP, buy and play MGS1 first. The Twin Snakes is a reasonable substitute if for some reason that's handier than MGS 1. :p If those are both impractical, it's not really as big a deal as people like to say. Just read a summary. (I think there's one included in MGS 2.)

Play 1. A lot of two will have more meaning, even more so if you play them really close to each other.

And play the orginal. It's better. TTS is an abomination.

I'm going to go pick this up today. I'm still not sure if I should get it on 360 or PS3. I want my roommate to play it (he's never played a MGS game) so the 360 would be the better choice, but I'm not sure how the controls are with the 360 version. My roommate couldn't play it on PS3, but the controls will be familiar and it will be on one disc. Can anyone with the 360 version tell me how the controls handle?

Edit: I bought it on Xbox360. Installing to HDD now.

Salaadin

I forgot about that moment in MGS3 where EVA
hands Snake that gun when they meet and he starts freaking out over it. He acts like hes about to orgasm or something.
The bit afterwards with Ocelots men scouring the area is one of my favorites too. So fun to stalk to shit out of them

Ridley327

So I'm stuck on Peace Walker...
I finished chapter 4, built Metal Gear ZEKE, equipped it with everything including the railgun, completed ALL of the extra OPS, built a new plant on my base, completed all of the Zadornov capture missions and leveled up my intel team over lvl. 40. I STILL haven't received a call from Kaz alerting me of Zadornov's 7th escape.

What am I supposed to do?!?

Is
ZEKE
currently in one of your Outer Ops parties? If he is, take him out and do a mission or two.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So glad to see all the Japanese LEs coming in today. Mine also came in today. :)
mgshd-LEs.jpg

The box is actually smaller than the Peace Walker HD LE, but it is much heavier because of the book.

That. Is. Amazing.

I can't wait until I get a bigger place and can put in some nice shelving. For now I'm stuck with all my action figures in a box and my games just stacked on top of each other :(

6426505741_fd09c7be97_z.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
They really need to make MGS1 available on XBLA or something, I currently have no way of playing it right now =(. Of course I haven't started the HD collection yet.

If you have a PS3 or PSP, buy and play MGS1 first. The Twin Snakes is a reasonable substitute if for some reason that's handier than MGS 1. :p If those are both impractical, it's not really as big a deal as people like to say. Just read a summary. (I think there's one included in MGS 2.)

Do NOT listen to this man. Play MGS1. It's a fucking incredible game. Whether it's twin snakes or the OG, play the fuck out of it. It'll let you appreciate MGS2, 3, and 4 that much more. Roto means you no good in life, HE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!

where can i buy one and how much?
Sometime in January at http://www.bambalandstore.com/ and perhaps other retailers like Sideshow for the standard colourway release. No set date right now besides 'January' and expect to pay a hefty penny for it ($400 - 500 I am guessing as Ashley Wood has said this will be the most expensive figure they have ever sold thus far).
More news will be posted http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/ in the next month or month and a half, and you can also subscribe to the VOX newsletter at http://www.threeaonline.com/ which comes out every Friday and includes updates for all ThreeA toy releases. They also have a forum: http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/

Sometime in January at http://www.bambalandstore.com/ and perhaps other retailers like Sideshow for the standard colourway release. No set date right now besides 'January' and expect to pay a hefty penny for it ($400 - 500 I am guessing as Ashley Wood has said this will be the most expensive figure they have ever sold thus far).
More news will be posted http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/ in the next month or month and a half, and you can also subscribe to the VOX newsletter at http://www.threeaonline.com/ which comes out every Friday and includes updates for all ThreeA toy releases. They also have a forum: http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/

Hey Leshita, great to see you here!
I'm definitely gonna get HD collection now to warm up to the release!

Hey Leshita, great to see you here!
I'm definitely gonna get HD collection now to warm up to the release!
Heh, thanks, I've actually been here much longer than I have the ThreeA forum. ;)
Yeah, definitely get the collection, they look so purdy now. :)

I think Kojima Productions is gearing up for a steady stream of Metal Gear news now since everything seem to be coming together now starting with the HD collections' release.
I cannot wait for the VGA Rising unveil, ThreeA Rex next week, MGS1 re-make in 2012 (really think this will happen), and whatever else they have lined up for the 2012 25th anniversary of Metal Gear. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the RAY figure coming up too. Oh man, I am getting giddy just thinking about it.

Top Bottom