• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Heh, thanks, I've actually been here much longer than I have the ThreeA forum. ;)
Yeah, definitely get the collection, they look so purdy now. :)

I think Kojima Productions is gearing up for a steady stream of Metal Gear news now since everything seem to be coming together now starting with the HD collections' release.
I cannot wait for the VGA Rising unveil, ThreeA Rex next week, MGS1 re-make in 2012 (really think this will happen), and whatever else they have lined up for the 2012 25th anniversary of Metal Gear. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the RAY figure coming up too. Oh man, I am getting giddy just thinking about it.

Same here, been here for a while! Stopped hanging out as much after the 3A forum though. So... quick question, does the HD collection run a little bit better on the 360? Less codec lag or framerate drops?

Daigoro

Heh, thanks, I've actually been here much longer than I have the ThreeA forum. ;)
Yeah, definitely get the collection, they look so purdy now. :)

I think Kojima Productions is gearing up for a steady stream of Metal Gear news now since everything seem to be coming together now starting with the HD collections' release.
I cannot wait for the VGA Rising unveil, ThreeA Rex next week, MGS1 re-make in 2012 (really think this will happen), and whatever else they have lined up for the 2012 25th anniversary of Metal Gear. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the RAY figure coming up too. Oh man, I am getting giddy just thinking about it.

an MGS1 remake in the Resident Evil REmake vein would be so awesome.

i hope they do it.

Ugh.. Can't believe you can't pause cut scenes in Snake Eater :x

By far my biggest issue with this collection. I have no idea how I wasn't interrupted watching these 10-20 minute custcenes when I first played these games. Now it's just constant "God, I wish I could pause this." :p

anddo0

Ugh.. Can't believe you can't pause cut scenes in Snake Eater :x

Not even with PS Home / Guide button?

By far my biggest issue with this collection. I have no idea how I wasn't interrupted watching these 10-20 minute custcenes when I first played these games. Now it's just constant "God, I wish I could pause this." :p

Nah, it keeps playing.

Really sucks.

It's a good thing I play in total seclusion. Even then life intrudes with the phone ringing, or the door bell ringing.

Also, would it kill them to add a "load" function? Quitting to the title screen is a huge pain.

Natty1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVv7Au26PU&feature=feedu

European Extreme Harrier beaten in roughly 70 seconds

I've watched a few MGS2 speedruns since Takeshi did his Sons of Liberty run and I've never seen anything like this. It didn't even finish it's pattern. Superb.

Have you checked out KikujiroChans channel? He hasn't updated in a while but the stuff that is there is great.

For example check out how he deals with The End from his "MGS3 EEx No Save Foxhound Perfect Stats 1.29.25"

I've watched a few MGS2 speedruns since Takeshi did his Sons of Liberty run and I've never seen anything like this. It didn't even finish it's pattern. Superb.

ms-jay-shocked.gif

Don

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just got a new email from Zavvi about their exclusive Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Ultimate Edition showing new images and also mentioning that some changes have been made to the contents. Does anyone have a list of the original contents?

It also lists the release date as February 3rd.

Thank you for placing your pre order for Metal Gear Solid HD Ultimate Edition with us.

As you may have seen the release date for this title has been moved to 3rd February. The publisher ‘Konami' has also advised of a change to the contents of the Collection.

The new collection will now contain the below items:

•Metal Gear Solid HD Game
•Variant Metal Gear Solid Steel Book
•Exclusive Metal Gear Solid T-Shirt
•Exclusive 250 Page Premium Art Book showcasing the Artwork of Yoshi Shinkawa

To avoid confusion the new version of Metal Gear Solid HD will be packaged in an exclusive outer case.

In addition to the new collections edition you have already pre-ordered, you will also receive a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of the Patriots (Platinum). This offer is only available to customers who pre-ordered the originally advertised version.

ThQwc.jpg

Zafir

Just got an email from Zavvi stating they've changed the contents of the Metal Gear Solid HD Ultimate Edition. It now contains the following -

•Metal Gear Solid HD Game
•Variant Metal Gear Solid Steel Book
•Exclusive Metal Gear Solid T-Shirt
•Exclusive 250 Page Premium Art Book showcasing the Artwork of Yoshi Shinkawa

Also anyone who pre-ordered the original HD Ultimate edition will get a free copy of MGS4 Platinum Edition.

Edit: Damn beaten!

desu

edit beaten:

but ...

Originally the contents were:
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
* PSN code to download Metal Gear Solid 1
* 5 x Art Cards

Zafir

Where? I think they rather removed it =/.

In addition to the new collections edition you have already pre-ordered, you will also receive a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of the Patriots (Platinum). This offer is only available to customers who pre-ordered the originally advertised version.

Don

So the art cards and MGS1 code have been replaced by the artbook and t-shirt? I'm ok with that change since I already have the PSN version of MGS1 anyway.

desu

Should have read the email instead of just clicking the link xD. Thanks.

Vespa

Art Book> Art cards.

So happy that I don't need to hunt down a US LE now. Shame it's not the Japanese art book, does anybody have a comparison of the two books? I have the Art of MGS 1, 1.5, 2 and PW and wonder what's new beside the MGS3 art.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just got a new email from Zavvi about their exclusive Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Ultimate Edition showing new images and also mentioning that some changes have been made to the contents. Does anyone have a list of the original contents?

It also lists the release date as Ferbruary 3rd.

ThQwc.jpg

got the same mail a few minutes ago.

Great video. Joy Division/New Order only helps.

Although I had trouble dealing with the reality scenario when I first played MGS2 at launch (I was in high school), growing up and gaining more understanding about the game's ideas has made MGS2 into such a strong experience for me. Just finished a quick HD replay through of it the other day, and while mechanically it does not hold up that well for me, I appreciate the messages the game conveys. A truly unique piece of interactive media (at least in the realm of blockbusters).

Ridley327

Oh, now I remember why I'm going to hate S-ranking the Main Ops missions.

Dear Kojima,

Don't ever use QTEs ever again.

On this same topic, I don't think I can turn back now; I think I can get the platinum on Peace Walker.

So does the Ultimate Edition = Collectors Edition for the UK? I'm confused. I'm only really intreseted in the artbook and, yeah, that Steelbook looks ugly as fuck.

will someone of u wear this shirt outside ur house?

I think I would if it was a nice fit. It's a nice piece of artwork that isn't a lame cg picture of a character in an action pose on a lame black shirt. So it really doesn't shout VIDEO GAME. It's on a grey shirt and if you would match it with dark blue jeans it would look decent.

DMeisterJ

Banned
One of these days we're gonna get a super-ultimate MGS collection of MGS 1-5 (Portable Ops doesn't exist), and I'm gonna be the happiest person alive. MGS1 is kinda foggy to me, so trying to follow MGS2 is giving me a bit of an issue. Amazing game though <3

I love it! He knows exactly where the Harrier's going to be next... he's firing missles before he gets the lock and then the lock takes and guides the missle in! Awesome!!

Carnby

So does the Ultimate Edition = Collectors Edition for the UK? I'm confused. I'm only really intreseted in the artbook and, yeah, that Steelbook looks ugly as fuck.

Is anything about this collection Zavvi exclusive? So no more numbered steelbooks that are limited to 4k, right?

glaurung

Is anything about this collection Zavvi exclusive? So no more numbered steelbooks that are limited to 4k, right?
That is how I understand this.

Zavvi lost the exclusivity rights, I assume the printed amount is now a lot higher and to compensate, Zavvi is throwing in the Platinum copy of MGS4.

Carnby

That is how I understand this.

Zavvi lost the exclusivity rights, I assume the printed amount is now a lot higher and to compensate, Zavvi is throwing in the Platinum copy of MGS4.

whoopie... So even the cover art to the steelbook isn't exclusive?

Tizoc

SO finally managed to beat the Tanker chapter on Normal with no alerts.
However I used 1 ration and saved like 9 times lol.
My ranking was stated as Bat; what's the highest rank in Normal? ...and how many saves can I use to get it?

whoopie... So even the cover art to the steelbook isn't exclusive?

They do say the T-Shirt and outer packaging are exclusive. Still kinda disappointing. I also already have this art book from the US LE, so this is kinda lame now. I'm considering cancelling the pre-order.

bitoriginal

Think I'm gonna cancel my order at Zavvi, that horrible POS steelbook has no place in my collection... However, is this the only place we can get the artbook in the UK? I'm so torn. And a platinum copy of MGS4, are they fucking serious?

It's gone from uber limited edition to shitty steelbook version with a platinum copy of MGS4 thrown in. Fuck Zavvi.

Top Bottom