• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

suikodan

I have questions about Peace Walker

COOP Mode
1- What's in for me to be SNAKE IN or SYNCHED?
2- How can I help my partner to climb?

ZEKE building
1- I want P parts and I shoot Pupa and Chrysalis in the parts where the yellow stuff show up then I pick up all the P parts inside the AI but I can't complete the head part of Zeke. What am I doing wrong?

Ridley327

I have questions about Peace Walker

COOP Mode
1- What's in for me to be SNAKE IN or SYNCHED?
2- How can I help my partner to climb?

ZEKE building
1- I want P parts and I shoot Pupa and Chrysalis in the parts where the yellow stuff show up then I pick up all the P parts inside the AI but I can't complete the head part of Zeke. What am I doing wrong?

Boards and parts are two different things; you destroy those bits on the AI machines to get their boards, but miss out on the chance of them dropping parts. This gets even more complicated on the Custom versions, since there's also a chance that they can drop their actual head, as well.

You have to weigh the benefits and see which one you'd rather have.

ZEKE building

If want the boards, shoot the parts for those boards to unlock them but don't destroy them completely, otherwise you'll break the boards.

If you want the actual parts (Pupa's head, etc.), fight the Custom versions and DON'T shoot those parts AT ALL. Do the same thing to the normal and Type II versions to collect head scrap.

Made it to the sniper section in MGS2.
If Emma gets detected, does it count as Alert mode?

Yes.

anddo0

Just started Peace Walker (new game). I own the PSP version but want to start off fresh. I'm starting to remember why I spent so much time with this title. So much to do, outside of the main missions. It looks like I won't get to MG2 until Jan.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got my MGS3 plat this morning. Markhor was fun to do, I never much payed attention to food in the PS2 versions. It's still not my favorite MGS game story-wise, but it's better than 4 in my book. Really could use VR Missions/Extra Ops though. Hopefully there will be an MGS4 re-release. Yes, I'm still hoping after 3 years.

That just leaves Peace Walker. It's ok, but the small areas bug me. Not sure if I'll get the plat for it and go 3 for 3. I'm definitely going to go through the main storyline, though.

And even further beyond that, planning to go through MG and MG2. The latter I've beaten twice, the former I haven't. It's the worst canon game other than Portable Ops, but it'd be cool just to say I've beaten it. Original difficulty of course.

Zafir

Seems the Zavvi ultimate edition is still limited, but not quite as limited as before.

The updated Limited Edition of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be available to pre-order from Wednesday 7th December on Xbox 360 and PS3
Posted on December 3, 2011 by Chet Roivas

Originally due for release on PS3 only, the zavvi-exclusive Limited Edition version of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is now due for release on both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, and the contents of this (strictly) limited edition have very recently been updated. Each set will now include the following:

Copy of MGS HD Collection

Variant MGS HD Collection Steelbook

MGS T-Shirt, exclusive to this Limited Edition

250 page premium art book showcasing the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa

This Limited Edition is available exclusively from zavvi.com in the UK and Europe. 6,000 copies of the PlayStation 3 version will be available for pre-order next week, in addition to 4,000 copies of the Xbox 360 version. A total of just 8,000 (PS3) and 5,000 (Xbox 360) units of this edition are being manufactured worldwide, so numbers are strictly limited. Both of these editions will appear back on the site and available for pre-order next Wednesday, the 7th December.

If you placed a pre-order for the original PS3 Limited Edition that was announced back in August (and which was unfortunately made unavailable recently) that pre-order will be automatically carried over to secure you a copy of the updated edition.

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection Limited Edition is currently due for release on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on Friday, February 3rd 2012. A standard edition is also available, and is due to launch on the same date.

Thanks. This is gonna be one long trial and error =_=
It'll count as Alert Mode, but I don't know if it'll affect the trophy/achievement where you have to complete the game with no Alert Phases. I remember seeing I had 3 alerts in my post-game stat round-up, but I still got the trophy for no alerts. I can only assume that they came from the Emma sniping section of the game, because I don't think they count soldiers seeing you with a red !.

Finally getting to play Peace Walker after I gave up on it quick on PSP. Really enjoying the heck out of it. Some of the cuts made for PSP are a bit annoying, but it's a damn fun game still and really like how they streamlined the force building from Portable Ops and made it much better.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
It'll count as Alert Mode, but I don't know if it'll affect the trophy/achievement where you have to complete the game with no Alert Phases. I remember seeing I had 3 alerts in my post-game stat round-up, but I still got the trophy for no alerts. I can only assume that they came from the Emma sniping section of the game, because I don't think they count soldiers seeing you with a red !.

Those 3 alerts are triggered automatically

- once when Snake has the hallway shootout near the end of the tanker chapter.
- twice on arsenal gear, when Raiden and Snake are mowing down all those soldiers.

The game doesn't count them against your ranking/trophy though, since it's forced on the player.

Ridley327

I don't think the game has ever counted Emma getting spotted during the sniping sequence against you, but on the higher difficulties, she can die a lot easier.

Jigsaw

Banned
How do you S-rank Peace Walker vehicle missions again? Do you have to be completely unseen as you fulton all the guys?

they can spot you,but you have to fulton every soldier and capture the vehicle,though it's highly likely that if they see you the tank will kill one or more of them on accident

i would wait for that until you have the fulton launcher and the mines,the bandana helps too (has no affect on the rank)

Ridley327

The ideal setup is to have a Fulton launcher and the bandana, but for helicopter battles (not sure if it works on the APCs or the tanks), you can also use a level 3 Rail Gun charge on the cockpit to force the pilot out.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
lol @ Metal Gear in some areas.

"This is Big Boss. Snake, I forgot to mention there is a wind barrier on the roof roughly two feet thick. You'll need a motherfucking BOMB BLAST SUIT to get past it.

Over."

And I could've sworn RC missiles worked on the hind. Have to backtrack and get some more grenade launcher ammo...

steveovig

I've been playing the heck out of the PS1 MGS the last few days and I've gotten addicted. I managed to find the PS3 LE of the collection and I just wanted to know if the artbook is worth the extra $40? Does it come with anything else? Are there any sites with sample pages from the book?

Carnby

Seems the Zavvi ultimate edition is still limited, but not quite as limited as before.

I sure hope no one here rage canceled their order. 8k copies of the ps3 version is still very limited.

Speaking of limited, I have been watch eBay auctions of the Risk: MGS LE and it seems that these weren't worth buying. I have seen auctions end as low as 90 dollars. That's not very much for an item that was limited to 2014 copies. Either no one wants one or no one knows they exist.

DMeisterJ

Banned
PS3 version of this is now $40 on Amazon finally after the 360 version has been that price (and lower) since basically launch. Oh well, I realized I wouldn't have been able to platinum the three games anyway, so I'm fine with my 360 purchase.

I'm having trouble trapping Olga behind the shelves in her boss fight. I can't consistently get her to notice me so she'll run behind it in the beginning of the fight. Any tips?

Daigoro

And the credits roll.. On to Peace Walker
350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

I didn't get the "peace walker" trophy for whatever reason. I swear I didn't kill a soul. :(

edit: It says ONE HUMAN KILLED!!!!! :/

ouch :(

DjMystix

After finishing the game, I played MGS4 as well and then got so heart broken that I finally decided to pour it all on a videogame remix:

'Innocent Deception':

Hope you guys enjoy it! Those incredible vocals are provided by Claire Yaxley.

How does this game control on 360? I have the option of getting it on either platform, but I wouldn't mind picking up some achievements.

So I have my PS3 and have the collection and MGS..so i'll be playing them in order.

Would it be worth my while to get MGS4? I'm a bit torn on if I want to do it or not.

Good gravy, I poured about 30 hours in the PSP version of Peace Walker last year. Why am I playing this game again in the HD collection when my backlog is growing? Also, loving the fact that I have dual analog sticks.

Yanksfan

So I have my PS3 and have the collection and MGS..so i'll be playing them in order.

Would it be worth my while to get MGS4? I'm a bit torn on if I want to do it or not.

Fuck yes, why go through them all and not at least play it? I personally loved MGS4, thought it was a great game and overall, was happy with it as an ending to the series. A lot of people here thought it was great the first time they played it..but they are just too embarrassed to admit it now. I would say it is more appealing to fanboys of the series rather than just someone that feels indifferent about the whole story scope.

mf.luder

Played it on the PSP and now again on the 360 and am stilling loving it. Gearing up for one of the battles near the end of the game.

Do you guys play co-op a lot or just solo. I'd be game for some coop play.

edit: removed joke.

Mikey Jr.

So you are buying the collection, and playing through all the games in order?

No, don't buy MGS4 for $16.00

Roto13

Peace Walker spoiler:
Second fight with Peace Walker
is the most bullshit boss fight I've ever fought. Took like half an hour or something.

Roto13

I was carrying three rocket launchers and I had to use like six or seven supply markers to get enough ammo to take it down.

Daigoro

i just started getting into Peace Walker today. its been fun so far. quite a bit different from the other games from what ive played.

hope there are enough people playing online to co-op those bosses with if i find myself having trouble.

Roto13

I co-oped with a random person to do one boss
(I forget what it was called but it was basically a fortress on tank treads)
and he took it down in like 30 seconds. It was pretty nuts.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how I can be expected to fight anything that takes more damage than that solo.

There are Peace Walker extra ops fights, that are stronger than the original

and if you want AI cores from it you'll have to do them multiple times

That's about where I was when I stopped playing the PSP version

pahamrick

Going through Peace Walker, and I'm not having any luck unlocking the Neo Moss camo. Did they change how you acquire it for the HD version?

Going through ExOps 62, and I contact
The End (I hear him say "This is .. The End.")
via Codec, but when I finish the mission I don't unlock the camo. Ran it 5 times and contacted him all 5, even got an S rank while working on it but still no camo unlock.

suikodan

i just started getting into Peace Walker today. its been fun so far. quite a bit different from the other games from what ive played.

hope there are enough people playing online to co-op those bosses with if i find myself having trouble.

You shouldn't have any difficulties finding people to help you. I have been playing for a while on the HD edition and wanted some help for a boss (Chrysalis) and help has been plentiful.

Or if you need help, add me on PSN (Suikodan).

Top Bottom