• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

foxtrot3d

Banned
Decided I didn't want to lose Quiet, so I kept the butterfly emblem on and just skipped straight to mission 46, then listened to the truth records tapes afterward.

I'm a little confused about Zero's condition. He gets sick when Skull Face infects him with the vocal cord parasite. But then he keeps speaking fine afterward. And when he tells BB and others that he's sick, it sounds like not the same kind of sickness that the other infected patients had, but more of a dementia-type problem?

Wolbachia.

Some thing interesting regarding Skulls. Remember when the Skulls is first introduced on E3 2013 trailer? When they run toward the camera, you could see number "02" on one of the Skull's forehead. Here's the interesting part, I replayed mission 6 and managed to capture 2 skulls and when I visited them at quarantine platform, both of them have "02".

Cross-posting from the OT

Ōkami

Cleansed mother base last night, got rid of all my E, D and C staff, almost half of the whole base.

Also noted that most of my S+ & S++ soldiers are women.

Ōkami;180696584 said:
Cleansed mother base last night, got rid of all my E, D and C staff, almost half of the whole base.

Also noted that most of my S+ & S++ soldiers are women.

That's kinda internally consistent, isn't it? All of the Frogs in MGS4 were women because they were the best suited for it, right?

Ōkami

That's kinda internally consistent, isn't it? All of the Frogs in MGS4 were women because they were the best suited for it, right?
The frogs are the worst "elite" force in the whole series though.

I mean Maryl and Akiba took care of dozens of them while arguing and making out.

Golnei

lol That comic. I don't think Miller had SUCH A LUST FOR BIG BOSS as Ocelot and Quiet, though. That beach scene is "non-canon" AFAIK. Same with Big Boss screwing Paz.

The dates aren't explicitly non-canon, and given that most of the side-ops are heavily implied to take place in the game's universe, I wouldn't rule them out. And even then, there's the fight in the showers, the onsen scene - his lust is undeniable.

Cross-posting from the OT

It could just be a signifier of the parasite strain or the unit they belong to, not an ID for the individual Skull. Every subtype has their own number - 02, E2 and 00(?)

tumblr_inline_nvma8oKI4w1su9hh1_540.png

I still can't believe MGS5 had zombies

Kojima found a way to force them into MGS4 as well, so it wasn't completely unprecedented. The only change was what he called the nanomachines.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ōkami;180697170 said:
The frogs are the worst "elite" force in the whole series though.

I mean Maryl and Akiba took care of dozens of them while arguing and making out.

The FROGS in a nutshell
tumblr_m9ezrpoCKI1r61nfto1_500.gif

It could just be a signifier of the parasite strain or the unit they belong to, not an ID for the individual Skull. Every subtype has their own number - 02, E2 and 00(?)

Armored Skulls also have "02"
latest

Maybe to represent MALE OR FEMALE?
(read that with code talker's voice)

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Assuming you are talking about him saying "Eyes on Kazuhira", I assumed that he was suggesting that Miller was blind (at least to an extent). When you consider that his eyes look really milky and he always wears dark glasses, it makes sense. However, the way it's brought up there is incredibly confusing

I took it as maybe a warning that kaz was going to train solid snake and then that would end up getting fake boss killed and outer heaven destroyed.

Ashura_MX

So I had quite a bit of fun with the subsistence and extreme repeats of backup back down and C2W, agree those should be mission modifiers or [EXTRA] Missions.

But I had fun, even managed to S rank both somehow and rescue all prisoners on the first try for back down.

Decided I didn't want to lose Quiet, so I kept the butterfly emblem on and just skipped straight to mission 46, then listened to the truth records tapes afterward.

I'm a little confused about Zero's condition. He gets sick when Skull Face infects him with the vocal cord parasite. But then he keeps speaking fine afterward. And when he tells BB and others that he's sick, it sounds like not the same kind of sickness that the other infected patients had, but more of a dementia-type problem?

It's not the vocal cord parasites Skullface attacks him with. Some other unnamed disease. Probably a parasite of some sort though because everything in this game is fucking parasites.

PSOreo

Just finished The Phantom Pain at last. Wish I hadn't accidentally read about the ending revelation. I assume I'm just going to repeat everything that had already been said but; overall I enjoyed the game emensley, Chapter One was miles better than Chapter Two by a long stretch. Best gameplay in the series but definitely most lacking in the story department. Not sure how replayable this will feel if I come to do a marathon of the series at the some point in the future.
Characters felt underdeveloped and underused or acted completely different from past entries. Still feel a bit cheated we didn't actually experience Outer Haven. Good send off for Kojima but I think MGS4 was a better conclusion.

Opto

Banned
On that note did anyone actually give a fuck that Volgin was the fire bro? I mean not having that plot point doesn't actually change the story significantly.

He was also a cartoon villain drained of all the cartoon villain fun

Xiraiya

So I finished Chapter 1 last night (I restarted a bunch) My game is at 60% currently having done everything up to that point.

The Diamond Dog container things at the back of OKB Zero are really suspicious, I would have bought into the cynical "It's asset re-use" if they were a hidden out of the way thing not really meant to be looked at, but no they're right goddamn there, you see them clear as day while walking around, how did the revelation of the DD Logo take as long as it did to come out?

The Oil Field and some other areas had a ton of those containers in all shapes and sizes and the Diamond Dog logo is not on a single one.
Logo it's self isn't even textured onto the container, it's a flat sign model on top of the container model, a thing that can just be removed.

There are also XOF Pilots, so the fact Skull Face's pilot was a DD Pilot is another super weird and interesting little thing.
I know the final trailer had Skullface's head on Big Boss's body briefly and I assumed that was symbolic and not suppose to be literal, but there is some weird shit going on.

Kalor

I just finished it and really enjoyed it. The big twist was handled well but I think it was hinted at too heavily as you could figure it out by the start of the hospital sequence. I don't understand the complaint about cut content as the only plot thread left unfinished was Eli and even then they ended it in a good place.

Also something I wasn't sure on, Venom was killed at the end of Metal Gear and the Big Boss in MG2 and MGS4 are the real Big Boss?

Guys is possible to Konami to release a new metal gear collection for current gen consoles and PC? I want to play mgs and mgs 4 but I don't wanna buy a Playstation console.

SomTervo

On that note did anyone actually give a fuck that Volgin was the fire bro? I mean not having that plot point doesn't actually change the story significantly.

It tied to Psycho Mantis' revenge-trigger. If I recall right. Volgin's lust for revenge whoooo triggered Psycho's innate abilities.

Imo it would only have worked if there was an actual reveal. Like if he took his mask off and it was a burnt/edified Volgin.

Instead it's literally just a charred corpse lying there and Ocelot radios you like "So it was Volgin all along!" We don't actually see any evidence of it happening.

For god's sake.

Edit: I think I was less impressed by it than normal because literally a day before I found out in-game, somebody spoiled it for me in the OT. They put "Volgin" in spoilertags with no warning right there in the middle of a post that was otherwise spoiler-free.

Just finished The Phantom Pain at last. Wish I hadn't accidentally read about the ending revelation. I assume I'm just going to repeat everything that had already been said but; overall I enjoyed the game emensley, Chapter One was miles better than Chapter Two by a long stretch. Best gameplay in the series but definitely most lacking in the story department. Not sure how replayable this will feel if I come to do a marathon of the series at the some point in the future.
Characters felt underdeveloped and underused or acted completely different from past entries. Still feel a bit cheated we didn't actually experience Outer Haven. Good send off for Kojima but I think MGS4 was a better conclusion.

Arguably, MGS2 was the conclusion, but even if you don't buy into that argument, MGS4 literally was the conclusion to the series. MGSV is just a minor, middle plot point.

Ōkami

Guys is possible to Konami to release a new metal gear collection for current gen consoles and PC? I want to play mgs and mgs 4 but I don't wanna buy a Playstation console.
The original MGS is on PC, and I really wouldn't hold my breath for MGS4 to be released on anything but the PS3.

I like that out of Skull Face and Liquid and everyone, Volgin was the only one who was all "Wait, I had this whole revenge thing in my head for years... ah, dangit, you're the wrong guy. I totally wasted it! Whoops!"

Xiraiya

Edit: I think I was less impressed by it than normal because literally a day before I found out in-game, somebody spoiled it for me in the OT. They put "Volgin" in spoilertags with no warning right there in the middle of a post that was otherwise spoiler-free.
So I need to ask this, did you avoid all trailers for the game?

Johndoey

Banned
It tied to Psycho Mantis' revenge-trigger. If I recall right. Volgin's lust for revenge whoooo triggered Psycho's innate abilities.

Imo it would only have worked if there was an actual reveal. Like if he took his mask off and it was a burnt/edified Volgin.

Instead it's literally just a charred corpse lying there and Ocelot radios you like "So it was Volgin all along!" We don't actually see any evidence of it happening.

For god's sake.

Arguably, MGS2 was the conclusion, but even if you don't buy into that argument, MGS4 literally was the conclusion to the series. MGSV is just a minor, middle plot point.

If Volgin spoke or something it would fine but it was nothing.

I like that out of Skull Face and Liquid and everyone, Volgin was the only one who was all "Wait, I had this whole revenge thing in my head for years... ah, dangit, you're the wrong guy. I totally wasted it! Whoops!"

I just felt bad for the guy at that point and then he dies immediately afterwards.

If Volgin spoke or something it would fine but it was nothing.

Would've been better if it wasn't actually Volgin. Man on Fire having a physical form kinda takes it away for me. Sure it is cool that he can absorb bullets and ride a flaming unicorn but I kinda wish his appearances were related to Venom's hallucinations coming to life through kid mantis. Something like a manifestation of Big Boss's past which he can't run away from instead of Volgin coming to take revenge.

I just don't see Volgin as someone coming after anyone for revenge. He's like the most goofiest villains in the entire series lol.

Top Bottom