• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

nuke development is now limited to FOB resources. Thanks konami!
I'm trying to expand my regular MB and I can't because Konami's servers refuse to stay online and without them I can't access the rest of my fuel resources and the vast majority of my GMP so I cannot expand my MB.

This is such a fucking low one. They want to make sure you are online now but this is such a filthy one. Now my enjoyment of the game is going to be severely affected because I cannot connect to Konami's useless servers.

My progress is being halted because my game cannot connect online. #FUCKONAMI

Ashura_MX

Why the fuck would I want part of my processed materials as FOB inventory? They're not good for me there if I can't use them to develop stuff! I get the unprocessed ones but this is bullshit!

Also, 3 vehicles in allowed to use now? Vehicles on FOB (i.e. Almost all of them) can't be used on my normal missions or side ops now???

The whole thing reeks bullshit, unless they did it to avoid cheaters from cheat engineing 9999 tanks, even then it makes no sense.

MGS x Nazis would be amazing.

I don't really want much of a story for that, since further complication would be tricky. But give me Where Eagles Dare in the FOX Engine with Boss, Zero and some Cobras, and I'd be extremely happy. A proper castle would be a good antidote to the complaints that GZ/TPP lacked a lot of enclosed areas.

tried that jeep with smoke grenades in it trick from Mission 5 on Mission 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOeQLRfR7D8

sort of worked lol wasn't able to keep stealth all the way but long enough to survive and get a quick S rank ;p

i was missing my last duration upgrade yet though so maybe if I time it a little better (I actually failed 2x because I tried to start closer to the 1st gate but snipers spot you) and get the last smoke upgrade, maybe i can make it total stealth too hehehe

tried that jeep with smoke grenades in it trick from Mission 5 on Mission 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOeQLRfR7D8

sort of worked lol wasn't able to keep stealth all the way but long enough to survive and get a quick S rank ;p

i was missing my last duration upgrade yet though so maybe if I time it a little better (I actually failed 2x because I tried to start closer to the 1st gate but snipers spot you) and get the last smoke upgrade, maybe i can make it total stealth too hehehe

It worked out for me until a helicopter spotted me somehow... It was at the very end, so while I missed my Perfect Stealth, No Kills, I still got a super easy S.

I read somewhere on here that you can also S-rank that mission by using D-Walker while wearing a shield (to cover your back) and you could just coast on through...

maybe with splitter camo too? i'd be surprised if d-walker alone could survive all 3 gates because the XOF guards are pretty deadly but maybe if you use splitter they will 'see' d-walker but not fire instantly because they are still just in 'suspicious' mode

The new FOB update is BULLSHIT. I wanted to avoid it until i got the nuke specifically so invasions couldn't ruin my getting the platinum.

Fucking konami. I'm so glad koji is gone

Golnei

I want you to really look at the handling of some of the stuff in this game, and imagine if Kojima really tried to tackle the things that went on in WWII. The only future I see is an indescribable agony.

At this point, I just want to see the trainwreck. The pileup of bizarre, unnecessary series retcons; the tasteless handling of historical atrocities - it's a combination impossible to ignore.

A proper castle would be a good antidote to the complaints that GZ/TPP lacked a lot of enclosed areas.

A castle would be an amazing environment for MGSV's gameplay - it'd provide the perfect combination of claustrophobic and semi-open spaces. That, a city; and an arctic/ generic snowy mountainous region were the kinds of locations V felt like it was missing the most.

Neiteio

A castle would be an amazing environment for MGSV's gameplay - it'd provide the perfect combination of claustrophobic and semi-open spaces. That, a city; and an arctic/ generic snowy mountainous region were the kinds of locations V felt like it was missing the most.
I prefer the Rambo- and Indiana Jones-esque outdoor environments and ruined interiors we got, tbqh. Very few areas were sterile hallways.

GenG3000

It's also kind of weird that they take down her photos in the ACC afterwards, as if she were never there. Doubtless it'd be simpler from a programming point of view (especially if it's tied to the same flags determining whether she's in the cutscenes), but surely it wouldn't have been that much more difficult to check if she had left due to Mission 45 rather than never being recruited at all?

...also, since you can imprison her again after replaying her boss fight, would that restore the photos despite not bringing her back as a usable buddy?

You cannot imprison her after beating chapter 45 and the photos are not there after replaying her chapter.

But there are still photos of Eli.

Have to cross post this because I'm baffled as to how this happened. I just went in the red after playing mgo for absolutley no reason. I stoppes single player earlier at about 100k gmp. Played mgo, loaded up tpp sp and boom, im at -77k gmp and no notification that i was invaded or anything. WTF

Neiteio

Have to cross post this because I'm baffled as to how this happened. I just went in the red after playing mgo for absolutley no reason. I stoppes single player earlier at about 100k gmp. Played mgo, loaded up tpp sp and boom, im at -77k gmp and no notification that i was invaded or anything. WTF
I just stopped playing MGO myself, but I didn't check single-player. Now I'm wondering if this happened to me, too. I wonder what causes it.

fixed that for you.

1DaPor6.jpg

I am crying. So good

Golnei

I prefer the Rambo- and Indiana Jones-esque outdoor environments and ruined interiors we got, tbqh. Very few areas were sterile hallways.

I was speaking in terms of additional areas the game could have benefited from, not proposed replacements to the environments we did get. And there's a lot they could do with those sorts of partially-enclosed areas other than just 'sterile hallways' - aesthetically and mechanically, there'd be a lot of potential variety in a bombed-out city, or the irregular construction of a medieval fortification.

Though if it were an option, I wouldn't have minded a few of those more traditional, 'sterile' enclosed environments for one-off missions separate from the game world just to provide a change of pace - a cargo plane or MGS2-ish tanker, for example.

But there are still photos of Eli.

And Huey.

Arttemis

I was speaking in terms of additional areas the game could have benefited from, not proposed replacements to the environments we did get. And there's a lot they could do with those sorts of partially-enclosed areas other than just 'sterile hallways' - aesthetically and mechanically, there'd be a lot of potential variety in a bombed-out city, or the irregular construction of a medieval fortification.

Though if it were an option, I wouldn't have minded a few of those more traditional, 'sterile' enclosed environments for one-off missions separate from the game world just to provide a change of pace - a cargo plane or MGS2-ish tanker, for example.

And Huey.

Forrest and jungle is what the game is lacking. I can't believe all we got was one little strip of dense trees on the way up to some lone mansion that has 75% of its doors barred. Africa should have been the oil refinery, airport, mine, and the rest jungle.

I appreciate those types as well, it just was a bit odd that Lufwa mansion and Yakho Oboo Outpost were some of few places with consecutive rooms. Though given the choice between what we have and Big Shell levels of clean hallways, I'll of course take exterior environments.

I was playing with 244,000 GMP and then my PSN logged out and now I'm 400,000 GMP in the RED! And now because I can't log back I'll be still in the red thanks to this bullshit of an update.

I could try and sell resources to get out of the red but I can't because now I have very small amounts of them to sell in the first place, again, because of the bullshit new restrictions from the new update.

All afternoon if it's not PSN that's signs out its the Konami servers or both. FUCK YOU KONAMI. Your update noticeably worsened my enjoyment of your game.

FWIW I'm on PS3.

Neiteio

I was playing with half a million GMP and then my PSN logged out and now I'm 400,000 GMP in the RED! And now because I can't log back I'll be still in the red thanks to this bullshit of an update.

I could try and sell resources to get out of the red but I can't because now I have very small amounts of them to sell in the first place, again, because of the bullshit new restrictions from the new update.

All afternoon if it's not PSN that's signs out its the Konami servers or both. FUCK YOU KONAMI. Your update noticeably worsened my enjoyment of your game.

FWIW I'm on PS3.
So, like, what it is in MGO that causes GMP to go negative in single-player?

Do you need to connect to the server to receive the dlc content. Want to avoid the fob business as much as possible.
You need to be online now for everything if you want to have a fighting chance of enjoying the game.

This has it to be one of the worst updates I've ever seen for any AAA console game I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Now PSN does log back in but I can't make the Konami servers work and I'm $400,000 in the red.

And why do 80% of my GMP is online only? Why the fuck do I have access to such a small amount of my GMP when offline?

backlot

It's not MGO. It's an update to the base game. Now most of your stuff gets stored online and stuff stored online can't be sold. There's also no apparent way to manually move stuff between online and offline storage. If you drop connection you pretty much instantly go into the red because your GMP is all online for some reason. Shit sucks.

That's the worse part. I haven't even downloaded MGO yet. I was in the main game.

Apparently after this update a portion of all your resources and GMP are, like, stored in your FOBs so if you're not online you don't have access to them. If Konami servers, your ISP or PSN go belly up you temporarily loose access to these and they can be a lot! Especially with GMP.

Konami wants you online (in part so they can invade you and you wanna buy insurance). If you don't connect you will have a very hard time progressing.

THIS. FUCKING. BLOWS.

It's not MGO. It's an update to the base game. Now most of your stuff gets stored online and stuff stored online can't be sold. There's also no apparent way to manually move stuff between online and offline storage. If you drop connection you pretty much instantly go into the red because your GMP is all online for some reason. Shit sucks.
How aren't we seeing a shitstorm brewing against Konami? I've seen far worse backlash over far lesser shit.

This is so close to the always-online-only fuckery we chastised the XB1 for and made them backtrack.

Konami is ran by monkeys.

Ashura_MX

How aren't we seeing a shitstorm brewing against Konami? I've seen far worse backlash over far lesser shit.

This is so close to the always-online-only fuckery we chastised the XB1 for and made them backtrack.

Konami is ran by monkeys.
Everyone too busy playing MGO.
I am as pissed as everybody else, but... Unless they fucked up with the SP mechanics I'm not concerned with losing stuff because its easy to recover and wasnt planning on platinum so.

Sucks and is bullshit tho.

WAIT
So there's this event stuff now for FOBs
It's not actually a real player you're invading though, it's a CPU/bot.
So once you invade in that event thing, the CPU can invade back
CPU is programmed for instant win and can't lose.
You lose a max amount of resources with every invasion.
You have to buy insurance for the game to stay playable.

backlot

WAIT

They don't retaliate.

A-V-B

That's the worse part. I haven't even downloaded MGO yet. I was in the main game.

Apparently after this update a portion of all your resources and GMP are, like, stored in your FOBs so if you're not online you don't have access to them. If Konami servers, your ISP or PSN go belly up you temporarily loose access to these and they can be a lot! Especially with GMP.

Konami wants you online (in part so they can invade you and you wanna buy insurance). If you don't connect you will have a very hard time progressing.

THIS. FUCKING. BLOWS.

Bless the PC.

Xiraiya

I completely erased my MGSV save game data because I was messing with FOB stuff and decided I wanted a fresh start with everything, you can't remove the FOB sadly, it just resets the FOB's progress back to how it is before you upgrade anything.

I was already annoyed at the tutorial forcing me to build one anytime I automatically went online until I caved because I didn't want to relaunch my game to get back to a menu to go offline.
Going offline with your FOB left vulnerable or restarting your singleplayer game while your empty FOB is open to attack until you get back to Mission 20 or whatever is some serious bullshit.

The limit lift on resources was also a pretty goddamn dirty trick as they don't tell you that they'll rob you of a good chunk of your singleplayer resources (I actually lost like 90% of all my collected vehicles offline)
This is the way it should be done, IF AND ONLY IF you cap out on a resource, then the overflow should go towards your FOB inventory automatically.

OTHERWISE, it should let you CHOOSE exactly how much of anything you have you want to transfer to and from your Offline/Online inventories.

WAIT
That literally makes no sense, prove it, otherwise don't be a fear monger.

Lolcomin

Banned
Yo i'm literally so mad right now, some person invaded me and now when I try to retaliate. It says that the person's FOB location can't be pinpointed and I can't retaliate and get back materials/staff

So, I don't know if this was posted, but regarding Eli:

How did his handlers find him, control him, and send him back in the battlefield?

backlot

Yo i'm literally so mad right now, some person invaded me and now when I try to retaliate. It says that the person's FOB location can't be pinpointed and I can't retaliate and get back materials/staff

That means they never triggered a combat alert. You can only retaliate if they do.

Neiteio

What's scary about Konami and the FOBs is we don't know how much they'll tighten the screws to get that cold hard cash. They don't have to worry about consumer goodwill since they're stepping down from AAA development. If they wanted, they could lock up the bulk of your GMP, forcing you to go online, and then target you with invasions, perhaps prioritizing you based on how much of a completionist you seem to be (and thus how likely you are to be OCD and want to protect your resources).

Xiraiya

What's scary about Konami and the FOBs is we don't know how much they'll tighten the screws to get that cold hard cash. They don't have to worry about consumer goodwill since they're stepping down from AAA development. If they wanted, they could lock up the bulk of your GMP, forcing you to go online, and then target you with invasions, perhaps prioritizing you based on how much of a completionist you seem to be (and thus how likely you are to be OCD and want to protect your resources).
tumblr_nqxp981UDz1tbx211o2_500.gif

I feel it too...

Neiteio

It's like Konami are the Patriots and this is a simulation to see how much money we can be suckered into giving them just so we can have a non-intrusive gameplay experience.

That's what it really comes down to: You're paying them money not to be inconvenienced. How the fuck is this shit in my videogames?

It's like Konami are the Patriots and this is a simulation to see how much money we can be suckered into giving them just so we can have a non-intrusive gameplay experience.

That's what it really comes down to: You're paying them money not to be inconvenienced. How the fuck is this shit in my videogames?

A lot of companies in Japan are literally influenced by the Yakuza. Gambling is their war economy.

Holy shit. I just realized that strangelove left a backdoor in the patriots AI that Sunnyfound and used to disable it. Didn't get this until now but strangelove talks about leaving an 'egg' buried deep in the system and that someday someone would find it and crack it. Then I remembered sunny's obsession with eggs and the fact that she was the one who ultimately facilitated the takedown of the patriots. So cool. so so cool.

Neiteio

Holy shit. I just realized that strangelove left a backdoor in the patriots AI that Sunnyfound and used to disable it. Didn't get this until now but strangelove talks about leaving an 'egg' buried deep in the system and that someday someone would find it and crack it. Then I remembered sunny's obsession with eggs and the fact that she was the one who ultimately facilitated the takedown of the patriots. So cool. so so cool.
Oh WOW! Good catch! I remember listening to that tape but I couldn't draw a connection because I kept thinking, "Well, Hal never figured out the Patriots." Turns out it isn't Hal, but the girl Hal was raising.

Top Bottom