• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

Haunted

Ok guys hiw do i advance the story all missions i get now are either total stealth or extreme and non of them are yellow.

The only yellow thing i have id a combat deployment with fighting ability 6700 so fuck that.

Did i miss somthing? Should i go talk to someone? Please help.

tt11021913fltt.gif

tt11021914fltt.gif

Alfrays

Neo Member
Holy...crap. Just finished it.

One thing that's slipping me for some reason; is Kaz #TeamLiquid or #TeamSolid after these events?

team Solid.
Solid Snake is the Patriots's puppet(so by training him Kaz "returns" with Cypher"), Liquid instead, wants to create a new outer heaven, so in some way he is with Big Boss, like Ocelot. Ocelot will kill Kaz for this reason.

Her obsession is similar to Ocelots.
She wants to bang him.

meh, maybe on her end. I doubt it though other than dressing like a prostitute she comes across as completely asexual to me. And as far as venoms part in it, he doesn't show a single hint of sexual interest towards her. I think ya'll are just a bunch of pervs. It's cool.

At max bond she is basically presenting herself in the ACC. She pulls Venom away for one-on-one sexy shower time. Thinking this stuff is asexual is naive.

Makes it all the more compelling when you know that Quiet is
Chico

LOL Joking of course. I'm ashamed of my words and deeds

Xiraiya

For as long as I've been on the internet and whined about Metal Gear, I have never seen anyone complain about Big Boss coming back between Metal Gears 1 and 2.
Big Boss surviving an explosion is the most plausible (and for Metal Gear, mundane!) thing ever considering the insane shit he pulled off in Snake Eater. It's hilarious that Kojima tried to address it. Maybe it bothered him?
I think what it comes down to is Kojima was never willing to give us a game where we're doing the manipulating instead of being the manipulated, and I should have suspected this long ago, it's like how in MGS2 we watch Solid Snake act outside of Protagonist limitations because he is no longer the "tool" in that story.

The player has always been the character who is used, we're never the user.
Big Boss has graduated from being the used, to becoming the user, therefore we were never going to get to play the parts we wanted, but we still have to be involved with the legend somehow, so instead we become a figurehead representing Big Boss.

Ain't no child acting like she does in the ACC
To be fair alot of those moments are common things in Japan's idea of child-like behavior.

Reebot

For as long as I've been on the internet and whined about Metal Gear, I have never seen anyone complain about Big Boss coming back between Metal Gears 1 and 2.

Big Boss surviving an explosion is the most plausible (and for Metal Gear, mundane!) thing ever considering the insane shit he pulled off in Snake Eater. It's hilarious that Kojima tried to address it. Maybe it bothered him?

This "explanation" makes the plot infinitely more convoluted.

It does the exact opposite as intended.

It's the one where he says recessive genes are bad

Tell me this isn't yet another missable cutscene like the one where Ocelot beats him up. In my game I missed all of that shit and Eli literally didn't even speak a word until his final cutscene where he peaces out with Sahelanthropus.

aly

It's the one where he says recessive genes are bad

Oh geez, I think I missed this somehow.

meh, maybe on her end. I doubt it though other than dressing like a prostitute she comes across as completely asexual to me. And as far as venoms part in it, he doesn't show a single hint of sexual interest towards her. I think ya'll are just a bunch of pervs. It's cool.

What? She is plenty sexual with Venom and they give each other silent kiss me eyes. Me thinks you are reading the relationship wrong.

At max bond she is basically presenting herself in the ACC. She pulls Venom away for one-on-one sexy shower time. Thinking this stuff is asexual is naive.

you mean the shower scene where the whole base is standing outside, leering at her? yeah that was gross. or is there another one where she has a private shower with venom? maybe I missed it. also the stuff in the ACC...I get that some of you think that it was a come on but I just watched it again to be sure and.....she stretches, briefly approaches venom, looks out a window and then lies down on her bench. yeah, it was totally pervy on the part of the developers but I guess I just don't see quiet as doing anything overtly sexual in this game other than being practically naked. Huh.

Golnei

Looks like a pretty clear father daughter relationship between venom and quiet to me. The fact that they never speak is pretty cool. You don't need words to form a bond.

That's actually an interesting way of looking at it, and possibly closer to the original intent - the idea of Venom as Quiet's paternal figure makes their relationship much more compelling. The problem is how it was executed - as it is, Venom and Quiet could have less than a decade between each other in age, leading most people to instantly assume their obvious closeness is romantic. If they had made her look like a 12-14 year-old, like the original plan for Meryl, it'd have been far more successful in conveying that subtext.

I burst out laughing when Miller said he would be ready for the new age at the end.

Miller, you get killed off-screen, and practically never brought up again.

Miller gets Chico'd.

What? She is plenty sexual with Venom and they give each other silent kiss me eyes. Me thinks you are reading the relationship wrong.

yeah maybe. I just disagree that she is plenty sexual. and even if she is interested in venom I don't see a single shred of evidence that it's reciprocated. He never touches her, looks at her boobs, any of that. I have to admit that I am really surprised that people think there is a subtext of some kind of sexual relationship going on. Venom seems very gentle and protective with her but other than that I just don't see it. It's not like big boss with eva where he's constantly leering at her boobs.

The ACC scenes actually look pretty normal if shes wearing the XOF outfit.

that's what I mean. I think people are just seeing a mostly naked, attractive woman and automatically assuming 'ah yiss, she want's the D'. I think that might be more a reflection of how some of ya'll see quiet and not necessarily how venom sees her. then again....I guess we are supposed to be venom so that is a bit confusing. Maybe it wasn't conveyed properly but from venoms body language I got the strong impression that he considered himself a father figure. I'm willing to accept that other's dont see it that way and I might have interpreted it wrong. I just feel like there was supposed to be more to their relationship than fucking.

yeah maybe. I just disagree that she is plenty sexual. and even if she is interested in venom I don't see a single shred of evidence that it's reciprocated. He never touches her, looks at her boobs, any of that. I have to admit that I am really surprised that people think there is a subtext of some kind of sexual relationship going on. Venom seems very gentle and protective with her but other than that I just don't see it. It's not like big boss with eva where he's constantly leering at her boobs.

Well yeah, but that could just be because Venom never really emotes ever.

aly

I can see why you say that. Maybe I just think there's a sexual way to convey all that through more looks and less her throwing her boobs in his face. Of course Venom doesn't look interested. He rarely looks interested in anything in the entire game :p.

Haunted

It's not like she could've used any of the other languages everyone on my base speaks. I've got live interpreters for like 5 different languages on standby during every single mission.

Don't think about logic or plot holes in the Quiet storyline, it's so flimsy that they could literally handwave anything and everything. Maybe she dies, maybe she's just a carrier and immune herself due to the parasite treatment blablabla whatever. The whole thing is worthless to speculate on in that much detail due to the malleability of it all.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Holy...crap. Just finished it.

One thing that's slipping me for some reason; is Kaz #TeamLiquid or #TeamSolid after these events?

Kaz sounds anti-big boss and anti-clones at the end and is only pro-phantom. Hard to tell what his motivations were in 2005, seeing as he gets killed offscreen and basically is never talked about again.

BigFwoosh

In regards to Miller, I always thought the Miller in Solid (well, the real one, not Liquid) was Kaz's son or something. Kaz's name is Benedict/Kazuhira, but the Miller in Solid says he is McDonnell Miller. Are they actually the same person and the name was just retconned?

bluethree

In regards to Miller, I always thought the Miller in Solid (well, the real one, not Liquid) was Kaz's son or something. Kaz's name is Benedict/Kazuhira, but the Miller in Solid says he is McDonnell Miller. Are they actually the same person and the name was just retconned?

Yeah, though to be honest I wish he was just a completely new character in this period. I like the character as he's presented in Peace Walker but shoehorning him in as "Miller" just seemed really dumb to me.

Master Kazuhira "Kaz" Benedict McDonnell Miller is one person, believe it or not.

Golnei

Yeah, though to be honest I wish he was just a completely new character in this period. I like the character as he's presented in Peace Walker but shoehorning him in as "Miller" just seemed really dumb to me.

As he's presented, it was a relatively natural progression from PW to GZ and TPP, though I agree his actual descent into blind, vengeful bitterness could have been built up a little more. Not having him in the game at all would have felt incredibly weird given how central he was in PW.

Ocelot, on the other hand; could definitely have been replaced with anyone else with very little changing.

BigFwoosh

I really liked Miller's character in Peace Walker and V. Robin Atkin Downes really killed it with his performance in V, made him seem like he had such a lust for revenge. He was a more interesting character than Venom. Weird that he'd be so chill in MGS though, plus he trained Solid Snake with missing limbs and all.

Reebot

Tell me this isn't yet another missable cutscene like the one where Ocelot beats him up. In my game I missed all of that shit and Eli literally didn't even speak a word until his final cutscene where he peaces out with Sahelanthropus.

Oh no, sorry to mislead, I was just joking around referencing his butchering of science in MGS 1

aly

Oh no, sorry to mislead, I was just joking around referencing his butchering of science in MGS 1

lol, back to searching through tapes then to see if this occurred. It would explain so much though even if it paints Liquid as an idiot.

Top Bottom