• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Salsa

ApprehensiveGiantAllosaurus.gif

I never used this until now and since I have wormhole extractor now I won't be using it again probably.

I thought about doing this

then I forgot

Why isn't there an option to have your Heli take you to another part of the field maps? Why do I have to go back to the ACC? >=(

I asked the same thing earlier, and someone said it might have to do with pathfinding, which I could see being a problem. Then again, I would be fine with a simple "Get in Heli and select new LZ - fade to black- land in new LZ" solution.

It seems like a really weird decision since you can use the heli to travel like that from LZ to LZ in Mother Base.

Slaythe

LOOK AT ME I SPOILZ.

Can you people fuck off ? Please ?

Like "hey i passed this part therefore it's not a spoiler anymore." Seriously dude.

I don't come to this thread to know about what you consider a boss fight or not and then untagged spoiler the names of the characters you fight ?!

It's my fault for coming here I guess haha ^^ .

Wait, no it's not, we have two threads and spoiler tags, no excuse :/ .

Why isn't there an option to have your Heli take you to another part of the field maps? Why do I have to go back to the ACC? >=(

SPOILERS FOR SIDE OPS WANDERING SOLDIERS:

I rescued all the wandering mother base soldiers in one go, and the only way to advance the plot was to go to the chopper, get to the AAC, then run back to Paz, and repeat every fucking time. I wasted so much time running back and forth doing this dumb shit. The AAC is imperative and unavoidable to advance certain missions, especially Side Ops.

Like "hey i passed this part therefore it's not a spoiler anymore." Seriously dude.

I don't come to this thread to know about what you consider a boss fight or not and then untagged spoiler the names of the characters you fight ?!

You've gotta realise that quoting him and not spoilering it yourself will only spread the damage.

Salsa

aw. I read this thinking you were just talking about the first few wandering soldiers side ops

I think I just
got her from the containers tho. and she was in the dumb Chapter 2 in-game trailer anyway

im more interested in how the shit they're gonna explain it

Maybe learn to chill a bit? Or if you care that much don't come into a thread about a game you are still playing? Not like I am going into deep story discussions or something.

Anyway, I tagged his name as a spoiler.

aw. I read this thinking you were just talking about the first few wandering soldiers side ops

I think I just
got her from the containers tho. and she was in the dumb Chapter 2 in-game trailer anyway

Sorry. i thought I was giving a good enough spoiler, especially with the end of chapter 1 credits.

I really hope I didn't ruin something for you. I really do try to be careful of my spoilers.

Salsa

Sorry. i thought I was giving a good enough spoiler, especially with the end of chapter 1 credits.

I really hope I didn't ruin something for you. I really do try to be careful of my spoilers.

nah its all good. figured id warn you for others tho. like I said the real mistery lies in my last sentence of the previous post :p

Shouta

I asked the same thing earlier, and someone said it might have to do with pathfinding, which I could see being a problem. Then again, I would be fine with a simple "Get in Heli and select new LZ - fade to black- land in new LZ" solution.

It seems like a really weird decision since you can use the heli to travel like that from LZ to LZ in Mother Base.

They scripted the paths for all the LZs at Motherbase though, didn't they? Why not for the fields? It's even easier because the LZs aren't cramped and multi-level lol.

It's just either they ran out of money or they made a bone-headed decision.

Ferrio

Banned
Can you do this for me?

spoilerish for chapter 1, mission 25+?
what happens if you spray Quiet on a mission?

Haven't gotton to that mission no idea what it is.
I sprayed the burning man in like mission 20, and kaz told me that wasn't good enough.

I've sprayed Quiet before out in the field, she does nothing other than a default little animation

ramyeon

Mission 23 Spoilers.

Did anyone else not get the Eli cutscene before his boss fight? As soon as I approached his room it jumped right into the fight - possibly because the kids were on alert status from Quiet? Watched a Let's Play of it afterwards and saw there was a cutscene between Snake and Eli.

Spazznid

Can you do this for me?

spoilerish for chapter 1, mission 25+?
what happens if you spray Quiet on a mission?

She doesn't mind. It makes her have a wet texture, and her mascara drips, and stuff.

If you throw a Mag at her she gets mad and you lose relation, but I guess since she absorbs water through her skin, you're practically feeding her, lol

Now I want to sneak up on her during her intro fight and spray her just for giggles.

Mission 23 Spoilers.

Did anyone else not get the Eli cutscene before his boss fight? As soon as I approached his room it jumped right into the fight - possibly because the kids were on alert status from Quiet? Watched a Let's Play of it afterwards and saw there was a cutscene between Snake and Eli.

Same happened to me.

Mission 23 Spoilers.

Wow.
I never saw that. The whole village was on alert because I was running around trying to figure out who this 'leader' was. Children can't harm the Boss.

I guess that explains a lot about him that I missed, because nothing about him has made any sense whatsoever.

Ruff

Wow.
I never saw that. The whole village was on alert because I was running around trying to figure out who this 'leader' was. Children can't harm the Boss.

I guess that explains a lot about him that I missed, because nothing about him has made any sense whatsoever.

I didn't even get a boss fight... I snuck into the base all snake like and took him out as he was chilling on the deck. I didn't even realize there was a set piece there until after.

Code Talker
is so boring to listen to.

Also, still haven triggered the Cut-Scene where
---Eli---
want's to talk to me.

Go eat a
parasite
infected
burger

I wish all of you the best/worst of luck in finishing this garbage story with boring/bland characters.

Semper fid

Well holy shit color me surprised. Mission 13(?) and reached
Africa. So now I'm in some jungle helping with oil spills. Here I was thinking this was all desert combat and nothing else.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I rescued all the wandering mother base soldiers in one go, and the only way to advance the plot was to go to the chopper, get to the AAC, then run back to Paz, and repeat every fucking time. I wasted so much time running back and forth doing this dumb shit. The AAC is imperative and unavoidable to advance certain missions, especially Side Ops.
Or you can just use the phantom cigar outside and go in again. :)

Or you can just use the phantom cigar outside and go in again. :)

I tried that twice and it never worked for me, sadly. Quicker and more consistent to call and go to the chopper, end up in the AAC, return the mother base, and go back up...

maybe i screwed it up or the game screwed me. who knows. it added 30 minutes to my time.

What the fuck with how frustrating navigating is (Snake is a top of the line stealth killer yet he can't scale rocks?) and quality of life features are essentially non-existent (can't save mid mission- hello, I have work and life commitments that prevent me from playing several hours consecutively).

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to stealth and preventing enemies from seeing me or calling for support, so I retry missions often. It's so irritating that I can't reliably start a mission unless I know I have the time to finish it, short of putting my PC to sleep while the game is running, which I have been doing more frequently lately. Not even just that, but also the stupidity with scavenging my base for diamonds and improving morale, only to exit the game and all that progress is lost because it didn't automatically save. Is this 1999 konamijima?

Jintor

I didn't even get a boss fight... I snuck into the base all snake like and took him out as he was chilling on the deck. I didn't even realize there was a set piece there until after.

How can you sneak up there? I thought you were forced to use the stairs.

What the fuck with how frustrating navigating is (Snake is a top of the line stealth killer yet he can't scale rocks?) and quality of life features are essentially non-existent (can't save mid mission- hello, I have work and life commitments that prevent me from playing several hours consecutively).

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to stealth and preventing enemies from seeing me or calling for support, so I retry missions often. It's so irritating that I can't reliably start a mission unless I know I have the time to finish it, short of putting my PC to sleep while the game is running, which I have been doing more frequently lately.

Yeah the climbing is the worst part of this game by far. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to toss you into a rocky desert but give you almost no chance to scale these giant cliffs must of been drunk

Ocelot is a different character in every single MGS game he's in. He fits into whatever role is needed of him by Kojima. He's written the way he is just for that.

At least that's the way I look at it. This Ocelot isn't even that big a departure like MGS3 Ocelot was compared to MGS1 and MGS2 Ocelot.
Actually every character in every MGS game changes persobality based on Kojima's preference, don't know why it's a problem now.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So does the combat stat affect a soldier's performance on the field or is it only relevant to dispatch missions? Like if I use an S++ soldier will he/she have any advantages over Snake aside from his/her special ability?

Slaythe

Maybe learn to chill a bit? Or if you care that much don't come into a thread about a game you are still playing? Not like I am going into deep story discussions or something.

Anyway, I tagged his name as a spoiler.

Lol , how about no ?

This is a huge game, there are a lot of questions that one is bound to ask himself, we have two dedicated threads, and spoiler tags, why would I stop using a thread dedicated to gameplay on a safe forum, because you can't have the decency of not spoiling the game for those who haven't reached the part you are at ?

Game has been out for a week, I can't play it much, I'm glad nobody else cares about that particular spoiler, I'm pretty sure you do that with the last few bosses and you'd see more uproar. One week doesn't make it OK to spoil it still. We can't all spend every day playing this.

Be more considerate and I'll learn "to chill". Thanks.

Mission
makes me want to quit the whole damn game because
1 tank manages to kill me no matter what I do because apparently it's the world's first sniper tank that ALWAYS hits me regardless of whether or not I'm hiding behind things or not...

Seriously been here over an hour...Guess I just suck at the game and/or life

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Mission
1 tank manages to kill me no matter what I do because apparently it's the world's first sniper tank that ALWAYS hits me regardless of whether or not I'm hiding behind things or not...

People suggested
using a different hole to kill it, since one supposedly doesn't work

Jintor

People suggested
using a different hole to kill it, since one supposedly doesn't work

When you fire a rocket in combat alert everyone within visual sight radius knows you just fired a rocket, so you should run somewhere else cos everyone's gonna shoot you if you poke your head out.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Mission

Calling in Pequod will allow you to get some clear shots as tanks will try to shoot it down. Spamming air strikes also helps. Lost my S-Rank due to them but fuck it, this mission was stupid hard

Top Bottom