• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Nameless

What happens if you use a rocket launcher on them?

Sometimes they see it coming and dash away before it hits, other times it'll connect and do less-than-ideal damage(Killer Bee). I dropped in my sniper rifle mid fight and had much better results. Melee counters are quickest way to take them down, though.

Salsa

these challenge harder repeat missions sure are not fun

I guess side ops it is

i'll get the next one eventually by doing side ops, right?

Jintor

Sometimes they see it coming and dash away before it hits, other times it'll connect and do less-than-ideal damage(Killer Bee). I dropped in my sniper rifle mid fight and had much better results. Melee counters are quickest way to take them down, though.

I fucking successfully snuck up on one over like 15 minutes and it didn't give me any CQC options :T

shiba5

Thanks, I'm getting ready to do this mission. I also saw one video where they just ran right by them with the horse.

Oh my god can someone please help me with this
quaratine
shit... Levels our just depleting from this.

Take a look at the infected, check the one language they all speak, quarantine everyone else that speaks that language, then push main missions as fast as you can like a mad man, don't even think about doing side-ops.

Apt101

It seems like a sneaksuit is pretty much required for some of these later side ops, as they are packed with roving soldiers equipped with heat vision goggles. Not surprising, but a little disappointing as it forces a player to use the suit(s).

I've had the game idling while in the chopper, and I am pretty sure Whisper and/or Ocelot has been trying to speak with me via communicator.

Edit: I also get the feeling that sometimes Boss looks right into the camera with a "cmon, do something already" look on his face.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's only my first mission with DD, and I'm already tired of his bullshit.

Ho3aWsZ.jpg

70 hours in and havent even had this be an issue once >_>

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It seems like a sneaksuit is pretty much required for some of these later side ops, as they are packed with roving soldiers equipped with heat vision goggles. Not surprising, but a little disappointing as it forces a player to use the suit(s).

Go in during the day.

Soulflarz

Banned
How do you equip the upgraded versions of your helicopter?

Customization menu from the aerial base. This cannot be done from mother base.

This is also where you customize mother base color, make custom guns, and other things that you have been wondering "where the hell has this been" for the whole time >_>

Nameless

I fucking successfully snuck up on one over like 15 minutes and it didn't give me any CQC options :T

Stay in cover after being spotted and one should come attack you.

Thanks, I'm getting ready to do this mission. I also saw one video where they just ran right by them with the horse.

Yeah saw that a few people just ignored the entire encounter. It's one of the better boss fights so far imo.

I finally ran into one of those armored guards with a helmet and face mask and of course had nothing but tranq guns that did nothing.
Came back with a rocket launcher and messed his day up. Felt so good.

They suck, but they are susceptible to CQC and smoke grenades. If there's one or two together, I can normally pick them off fairly easy. If there's more, then I throw a smoke grenade between them. And if all else fails, my trusty air shotgun takes them down with three hits.

It's how I took down
Eli the second time without damage.

Yeah saw that a few people just ignored the entire encounter. It's one of the better boss fights so far imo.

Yeah, I really like it. It's tense, but not unfair.

Broank

Just did the Code Talker mission GOD DAMN that was one of the most awesome gaming experiences I ever had.

-Sniper mist people took out Quiet right away but I managed to single handedly snipe them all off one by one with their fucking laser sights coming at me from all directions.
-Called in DD and we systematically explored the entire mansion choking out and tranquilizing every guard unseen.
-Found Codetalker and crushed all his candles!
-Had the most intense extraction yet carrying him avoiding all the guards and helicopter, hiding behind waterfalls and shit.
-Set down the dude and did a double takedown with DD in the Jungle to make it to the extraction point.
-Getting shot at while leaving pulled out the gun and shot the copter down at the last second wheeew!

TheLight

No spoilers but to counteract all the negative story impressions, just wanted to say I fucking loved what the story in this does. So friggin interesting and cool.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sooooooo I'm on the side op to
contact Huey
and there's a downed gunship blocking me from accessing some vital wall cracks that cut a path through the mountains. I didn't bring d horse this time cause reasons....

How do I move this hunk of junk????

Syder

Wait, you can be delivered outside of Mother Base? What? Gah, the things I wish I'd known... I've just done about 20 side ops in a row
trying to unlock fucking story missions and cutscenes... bullshit...

What are delivery points?

Short description in this IGN article but basically they allow fast travel within Afghanistan and
Africa
. I'm not really surprised you didn't know about them. They aren't explained and there's no tutorial. DD can't scout them either so unless you spot it yourself and get close enough to grab the delivery manuscript you'd play through the entire game not knowing what they are.

contact Huey
and there's a downed gunship blocking me from accessing some vital wall cracks that cut a path through the mountains. I didn't bring d horse this time cause reasons....

I had to go around, and then when I came back a little bit later it was gone -_-

Conezays

Just did the Code Talker mission GOD DAMN that was one of the most awesome gaming experiences I ever had.

-Sniper mist people took out Quiet right away but I managed to single handedly snipe them all off one by one with their fucking laser sights coming at me from all directions.
-Called in DD and we systematically explored the entire mansion choking out and tranquilizing every guard unseen.
-Had the most intense extraction yet carrying him avoiding all the guards and helicopter, hiding behind waterfalls and shit.
-Set down the dude and did a double takedown with DD in the Jungle to make it to the extraction point.
-Getting shot at while leaving pulled out the gun and shot the copter down at the last second wheeew!

Yep, I thought it was easily one of the best missions I've done so far.

Bsigg12

contact Huey

You don't, just go around.

So, for those that beat the game or are ahead of me, I'm currently on mission 32

Does it matter plot wise if I keep or dispose of nukes? I don't see the option and the game told me I'd be able to decide. Maybe it comes after a few more missions. Regardless, if I do get to choose, will it affect my game in anyway?

Cubed

I pretty much played that mission the exact same way and loved every single second of it. I even picked up "Friday I'm In Love" in the middle of it, haha.

Jintor

So, for those that beat the game or are ahead of me, I'm currently on mission 32

Does it matter plot wise if I keep or dispose of nukes? I don't see the option and the game told me I'd be able to decide. Maybe it comes after a few more missions. Regardless, if I do get to choose, will it affect my game in anyway?

it's some online shit. don't worry about it

Ruff

The Enemy/ally AI in FOBS is some of the worst I've seen in modern gaming. Constantly shooting at people they're "tracking" through floors and walls while standing still. Some guards that don't see 2 ft in front of them, some that see you from across the world. Ally AI that constantly walk into your fucking mines that you strategically place on defense.
None of them react to getting their face smacked back by a facemask headshot too.

awful.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Haha, my experience was almost identical, minus the climax as I managed to exfiltrate without raising an alarm or firing a short, which super intense.

Mission arcs like that are the absolute best.

Jintor

contact Huey

it's trying to make you go a certain direction, just roll with it

Apt101

Did this latest patch make the iDroid call out more things, like when enemies are spotted, sandstorms or cloud coverage is approaching, and other things are nearby, or was I just bugged prior? PC BTW.

Apathy

Oh nice, special event -
It's my birthday and I set that as the birthday date at the start of the game. I got an urgent message from Kaz to get to base and when I got there, it was a little birthday celebration and special cut scene. That was nice.
Thanks Kojima.

Slaythe

0oYCsPhh.jpg

kojima read like the top 3 most well known books about symbolism and just put them in there randomly

DEEP

I am pretty sure I don't want to see screencaps of upcoming cutscenes I have no idea even exist in the non spoiler thread...........

Anyway to beat mission
without upgrading fulton ? Been trying for 3 hours. No luck.

Jintor

kojima read like the top 3 most well known books about symbolism and just put them in there randomly

DEEP

moby dick, lord of the flies, and what's the last one?

Did this latest patch make the iDroid call out more things, like when enemies are spotted, sandstorms or cloud coverage is approaching, and other things are nearby, or was I just bugged prior? PC BTW.

you upgraded your intel team

Geg

Wow, Mission 28's bullshit is nothing compared to 29's. Though it did teach me to try some different weapons and strategies from what I'd been doing in the game up until then. I just wish I didn't have to quit the mission and go back and develop a couple new weapons first

Top Bottom