• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

mcarlie

Banned
Did anyone else get the scene with Quiet where
If you are dirty and Ocelot is about to pour water on you she jumps in the way and invites you to have a shower with her. Cut to you having a shower with her in her cell whilst Ocelot and two other random dudes are staring at you and her in the shower?
What the hell was that?

Hasney

Everyone talking about this game somehow sapped my desire to play it. I haven't rescued Kaz yet and I cannot muster enthusiasm to play.

Also I restarted the intro because I didnt want my guy to be named Snake and the second time around got an A instead of an S. This has been bugging the hell out of me.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? The zeitgeist taking you out of the game?

No, I barely read or talk about the game until I've sunk a few hours in at least though. Still probably the best game I've put inside my PS4 too, just so great.

All side ops done! Gotta get some metal fast though, going to build the last few platforms of Mother Base, then finish the 300 developed items trophy and then finally (endgame spoilers)
build my nuke

J-Skee

So. a coworker was telling me i can send Quiet to scout ahead of me. I believe in the videos they would use the map. But i don't see an option. He told me that i should use my binoculars and use the action button to change what the left trigger does. To assign new things. I don't see anything to get her to move.

Right now she does as she pleases and its very annoying.

What am i not doing?

Through the iDroid, press up or down on the d-pad while on the map screen & you'll see options for Quiet to either Scout or Attack a base.

Orcastar

so in the buddy support i get the option to set scout?

Open your iDroid and press up or down to bring up the options, then select Quiet (scout) or whatever it's called.

Edit: Beaten like a cute little puppy you were just trying to interact with.

BadHand

So. a coworker was telling me i can send Quiet to scout ahead of me. I believe in the videos they would use the map. But i don't see an option. He told me that i should use my binoculars and use the action button to change what the left trigger does. To assign new things. I don't see anything to get her to move.

What am i not doing?

on the map screen you can use the up and down buttons on the d-pad as a shortcut.

KarmaCow

If you are dirty and Ocelot is about to pour water on you she jumps in the way and invites you to have a shower with her. Cut to you having a shower with her in her cell whilst Ocelot and two other random dudes are staring at you and her in the shower?
What the hell was that?

Created and Directed by Hideo Kojima.

brau

It's in the buddy options on your idroid.

Open up the iDroid's Map screen and push Up or Down to switch between the different cursor modes. If Quiet is in your party, you should also see options for her to Scout or Attack. The latter of which just tells her to take up a position.

Through the iDroid, press up or down on the d-pad while on the map screen & you'll see options for Quiet to either Scout or Attack a base.

oh.. so it is in the map then. I was trying to do this through the binoculars. from which i discovered i can set strikes to drop gas, or artillery or what not.

THanks guys!

What am i not doing?

Bring up the iDroid map.

Press Up/Down on the d-pad to switch to "Quiet (scout)" or "Quiet (attack)" and send her to an available location.

Once she has finished scouting, she automatically goes to a nearby attack point. With low affinity, she will only fire when you tell her to with the L1 menu. Later, she'll learn more commands.

Zambatoh

You're reaching imo.
And I don't think the counter attack thing holds any weight. There aren't ma hete wielding enemies and ground zeroes is too short to give you the option of learning new abilities. Also consider that venom has a metal prosthetic hands that he can literally stop a blade with by parrying

They are not Machete wielding enemies? You should play that mission again. All Skulls carry machetes. Including the female snipers. Counter CQCs are also not new for the series. BB uses Counter attacks when fighting the Boss and Solid Snake has this option when fighting Ocelot.

Soma

Now that's interesting. You get any bonuses for a successful defense?
sure did!
Do you have supporters that defend you base for you? I have defended a few for people and they defend your base in return when you're not online. It's easy GMP for everyone.

If you have a properly defended base and support other players it doesn't matter whatsoever that you can be invaded when offline.

i have a few mutual supporters for my FOB so I'm assuming one of them chipped in to help out with the invasion

otherwise.... they might've just been not very good at invading? lol

brau

Next question. Scout will mark all targets like DD does?

Right now she only marks the target she is looking at, but that is from her getting ready to shoot and not scout.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What the hell was that?
KOOOOOOJIIIIMMMAAA

Imm0rt4l

They are not Machete wielding enemies? You should play that mission again. All Skulls carry machetes. Including the female snipers. Counter CQCs are also not new for the series. BB uses Counter attacks when fighting the Boss and Solid Snake has this option when fighting Ocelot.
I'm talking about ground zeroes, that just doesn't seem like a good argument imo.

Zambatoh

Right now she only marks the target she is looking at, but that is from her getting ready to shoot and not scout.

Scout allows quiet to mark enemies that she can actually see when zipping around the outposts or bases. Enemies that are in-doors at the time are invisible to her.

shiba5

Okay but answer me this. I feel like when I'm playing I'm playing wrong. Should I just get over this and not worry about my ranks?

Just play and don't worry about it or you will feel very restricted. S-rank seems to be all about rushing through a mission as fast as possible.

brau

Scout allows quiet to mark enemies that she can actually see when zipping around the outposts or bases. Enemies that are in-doors at the time are invisible to her.

alright. cool. i'll try this next time i play. I want to max her bond and everything.

mrjohill

I have a quick question

Is there a way to call the helicopter in the field and then Have it transport you to another drop zone?

J-Skee

I believe the Scout option allows her to permanently mark any target in that vicinity & Attack lets her temporarily mark a target she has her sights on. I might be wrong though.

Zambatoh

I'm talking about ground zeroes, that just doesn't seem like a good argument imo.

And I was talking about the difference in BB's and Venom's CQC styles and that Venom fights very differently from him and that what few moves BB actually used in GZ are animated differently when playing Venom.

shiba5

I believe the Scout option allows her to permanently mark any target in that vicinity & Attack lets her temporarily mark a target she has her sights on. I might be wrong though.

And once you get "cover fire" you only have to command her once and then anything you tell her to scout she will automatically engage. I've walked into outposts and never fired a shot. They're all asleep when I get there.
She's like godmode.

sure did!

i have a few mutual supporters for my FOB so I'm assuming one of them chipped in to help out with the invasion

otherwise.... they might've just been not very good at invading? lol

How do you set up mutual supporters? Is that just your friends list or something seperate?

Anyone wanna be mutual supporters on PC? :) Inferno313 on Steam. :)

Ourobolus

Banned
So...uh...I accidentally smacked D-Dog at one point, but he got back up. I haven't seen him when I land at Mother Base since the first time I came back and he was there with the four soldiers when I landed.

...is he gone? ;_;

So...uh...I accidentally smacked D-Dog at one point, but he got back up. I haven't seen him when I land at Mother Base since the first time I came back and he was there with the four soldiers when I landed.

...is he gone? ;_;

Ocelot saw that the two of you weren't getting along and took him out back. :\

(I don't actually know, I'm sure he's about somewhere).

Question for the game post Mission 3

If the remaining 15(?) missions are mostly repeats of missions from Chapter 1 then how the hell does the story work? Do you play a mission again and then get a completely irrelevant cutscene at the end of it to advance the story, or is there only a story cutscene after the original missions (which I've read there only about 5 of)?

Does anyone know if there's a full art book planned for MGSV? The games usually have a full artbook in Japan that gets a very limited run, then is never printed again. Would like to jump on it if there is.

Zambatoh

Is there any way to stop my staff from fighting with each other so much? It happens so frequently and it's getting a little annoying.

Putting two of the same type of troublemaker causes them to cancel each other out. Diplomats can also lessen tensions in general.

Top Bottom