• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

GeeTeeCee

Does anyone know the name of the song (if it has a name) that plays during (episode 11/sorta side ops spoilers too)
Quiet's arrival at Mother Base? Specifically, the song that plays during Snake's "When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger moment."

Also, there appears to be a member of my Mother Base staff randomly jettisoning himself into the stratosphere whenever I arrive from a mission or travel across the base.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man Im so stuck on mission 12
cant get past the forecourt bit with the Star Wars walker things, how did everyone else do it?

I did it by
just going to the right after getting in the base area (behind the big satellite dish building), and going down the valley, under the underpass (watch out for one walker guy that patrols there) and just sneaking around the right area of the base (stopping to take out a sniper on top a hanger). Pretty easy to avoid most things going that way. I failed several times trying to go more directly through the middle or left side of the base.

Aselith

Is there any way to stop my staff from fighting with each other so much? It happens so frequently and it's getting a little annoying.

CJrVDRbWoAA3JaL.jpg

Did anyone else get the scene with Quiet where
If you are dirty and Ocelot is about to pour water on you she jumps in the way and invites you to have a shower with her. Cut to you having a shower with her in her cell whilst Ocelot and two other random dudes are staring at you and her in the shower?
What the hell was that?

I was ashamed of Kojima's words and deeds. It was very gross.

This game is so much fun. It's also my first MGS. I read some synopsis and summaries so I got enough of a grasp to understand what people are talking about but I won't get any references. Still, the level of detail in this game is insane. It's Rockstar level of world building and attention to detail.

Setsuna

Wow, I did that mission in a completely different way.
I was able to sneak past the Skulls & when I came back up with Code Talker, all the soldiers were taken over by the mist.

what ddo you mean by
"taken over by the mist"

Lelcar

I just beat Mission 32 and was listening to some tapes and the way they talk about previous events leads me to a question: Can nobody see
the Psycho Kid? Was Skull Face even aware of the Psycho Kid? Does anyone know he exists?

Fucking jesus 29 is a tough mission, managed to get an S though, that was something, I'll never be able to fight
The skulls
without slightly panicking.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just beat Mission 32 and was listening to some tapes and the way they talk about previous events leads me to a question: Can nobody see
the Psycho Kid? Was Skull Face even aware of the Psycho Kid? Does anyone know he exists?

There will be answers to this very soon, keep playing the story missions.

You don't have to fire the troublemakers, 2 of them in the same squad will cancel each other out.

The latter.
Thanks, the PC thing totally worked.

Could you maybe share your TppStory.lua? No matter how many times I repack it, the game just boots up to a black screen.

Kriken

Finished Mission 46, holy shit this game...

Will eventually go back to mission 45
To finish Quiet's storyline
but I love this game and will probably come back to finish side-ops and MB later

DrBo42

Chapter 2 spoiler..kind of
Had unlucky dog 3 in my side ops before hitting ch. 2 and now it's gone, can you not finish that side op line after chapter 1? Am I fucked for completion?

I've just done all the yellow side ops and finished mission 35. Now I only have missions 33, 34, 36 and 37 left which this thread said I didn't have to do.

I also just unlocked the tape about
Hal being Hueys son

What do I do now?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Okay but answer me this. I feel like when I'm playing I'm playing wrong. Should I just get over this and not worry about my ranks?

Yes, stop worrying about rank. You can always go back and replay any of the main missions after you get better equipment/buddies.

I think you can sort by skill to see if there are any troublemakers you missed.
Yep I did this earlier. I read having two troublemakers in one unit cancels each other out too but I didn't risk it and just fired them all.

Had my first GMP 'in the red' earlier so sold a load of fultoned MGs and mortars.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just raided my waiting room and fired anyone less than an A. Does it do this automatically if I get better people, or are the new people instantly rejected?

[HP]

Wow, I did that mission in a completely different way.
I was able to sneak past the Skulls & when I came back up with Code Talker, all the soldiers were taken over by the mist.

Oh wow, that's fucking crazy! So if you don't
kill the skulls
, it seems the later sections of the mission are different... just, wow.

Ummm, ok. I just came back to Mother Base to be greeted by the
Quiet torture
cutscene. For no reason. It just happened.

The narrative in this game is a mess.

backlot

I just raided my waiting room and fired anyone less than an A. Does it do this automatically if I get better people, or are the new people instantly rejected?
As far as I know there isn't a limit to the number of people you can have in your waiting room.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I know there isn't a limit to the number of people you can have in your waiting room.

I could have sworn the game started telling me that I was at capacity and people were being automatically fired.

It's kind of a huge spoiler related to the ending, but if you must know...

Wish I didn't read that spoiler :(. I clicked it thinking it would be gameplay related since you guys were talking about the knife and pistol thing.
It's okay though, I suspected this after the scene with Huey and the mammal pod.

Liamc723

Yep, I can't understand the hype. The gameplay, at it's core, is great.

But it's a shit Metal Gear Solid game and it's awful meta game makes me want to watch the ending on youtube. I'm fucking bored shitless!

I'm glad people are finally starting to realise this.

On its own, it's a decent game. As a MGS game, it's bad. Really quite bad.

Lingitiz

Yep, I can't understand the hype. The gameplay, at it's core, is great.

But it's a shit Metal Gear Solid game and it's awful meta game makes me want to watch the ending on youtube. I'm fucking bored shitless!

I was so fed up with the second half of the game that I just went and watched the final ending on YouTube.

Paasei

This
Afrikaans language is confusing me so much. It's as if someone who has hardly any knowledge of the Dutch language is speaking to me. It's understandable, but at the same time you think "no no no, that's not right!"
. It really is more of confusion for me than I would've thought. At least I actually did not need the
interpeter
for myself.

Spookie

I'm glad people are finally starting to realise this.

On its own, it's a decent game. As a MGS game, it's bad. Really quite bad.

I've been completely out of the bubble and picked this up because I enjoyed Ground Zeros. I was genuinely surprised to see people actually like this game. I've always had a soft spot for MGS for it's dumb pulpy story and over the top and unique bosses but after revisiting the same location for the n'th time I've just equipped battle armour and machine gunned everything down. I'm now just awaiting the end so I can move on, this game is more of a chore than a 7 hour shift at work.

I could have sworn the game started telling me that I was at capacity and people were being automatically fired.

Yep, this is what happens. And I think it starts with the people with the worst stats. Put your best people in Direct Contract just in case.

Liamc723

I've been completely out of the bubble and picked this up because I enjoyed Ground Zeros. I was genuinely surprised to see people actually like this game. I've always had a soft spot for MGS for it's dumb pulpy story and over the top and unique bosses but after revisiting the same location for the n'th time I've just equipped battle armour and machine gunned everything down. I'm now just awaiting the end so I can move on, this game is more of a chore than a 7 hour shift at work.

MGS is my favourite game series, and TPP is the most disappointing game of 2015 in my opinion.

The gameplay is good, but then you discover that the missions are incredibly repetitive and everything becomes just boring. Then the story is poor, and a joke compared to previous games in the series.

Severance

Is it just me or do female soldiers make a very loud, annoying panting sound when you sprint with them? Otherwise it's pretty cool to play as other soldiers once you finish up the game and move on to sideops.

If only there were enough female soldiers to create an all female army. That'd be amazing. I suppose it is possible with a lot of patience...

Hystzen

Kaz is such a dumbass hypocrite in this game. Everytime he's on screen I just shake my head. Fuck Kaz.

Ocelot mentions a lot in tapes how narrow minded Kaz is and how not thinking clearly. yet nobody decides kick Kaz out or send him away they let him run Diamond Dogs not giving a fuck

dealer-

I've only played for twelve hours but what has happened to Ocelot, he just seems like a bland, generic character now. Maybe it's just Troy Baker's delivery. The gameplay is sublime but I'm not fully on board yet.

I've just done all the yellow side ops and finished mission 35. Now I only have missions 33, 34, 36 and 37 left which this thread said I didn't have to do.

I also just unlocked the tape about
Hal being Hueys son

What do I do now?
I'm failing to trigger this mission. Anyone?

I wish it would just unlock this is really annoying.

Top Bottom