• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Is there any real reason to use a buddy apart from D Dog?

Quiet never shoots where I want her to. D Walker sucks. D Horse is kind of boring.

D Dog's spotting skill seems to be the most useful of all of them. Pinpoints priority targets right away so you don't have to faff around marking everyone.

E ranked mission 30 B)

Haha I got a D Rank because the
disease
really screwed me over because I figured it would just resolve through the story pretty quickly. So I ended up spending the majority of 30 using decoys + sleeping gas bombardments and shit to fulton as many of those soldiers as I could. Ended up capturing pretty much every single soldier on the base. Heh

mj-laughing.gif

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member

Quiet never shoots where I want her to. D Walker sucks. D Horse is kind of boring.

D Dog's spotting skill seems to be the most useful of all of them. Pinpoints priority targets right away so you don't have to faff around marking everyone.

Quiet basically clears camps for me with a bit of my help. DD can take down one enemy at a time, and although he is better at general spotting, I find having a crack sniper way more useful.

You've used Scout and Cover Me, right? With Quiet.

Sifl

Get her bond points up and you can literally put her in Rambo mode. She kills everything.
Is it safe to fulton containers on my own base? Do they respawn after time?
When I did this I'm pretty sure I got 0 resources, just wasted a bunch of GMP
The look at the end is killing me.

Okay, I have to get this scene now. It can't be as bad as the rain scene. There's no way.

BEHOLD GENTLEMEN.

It's Ocelot and your guys in the background that make it go from bad to hilariously awful.

I dunno, the part where the one soldier goes
She's a naughty girl.
was oscar worthy. Surely.

Honestly I'm not really offended, I am really nonplussed by it because KOJIMA. For every serious thing he does there is something equally crazy/pervy around the corner.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Context/character moment wise - it's pretty good

Execution wise -
https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9j74XRGA1qgn9d4o1_500.gif

This is the part where I complain about the Quiet instrumental arrangements not being included.

Yeah, her stripping down (while makes sense in context of her character getting more water for herself) in the middle of mother base with that bad animation work just makes it feel... cringe-worthy.

Is there any way to (post mission 25 spoilers)
sort by language
. This shit is taking me like an hour Jesus christ.

No. Just power through the missions. Once you hit
30, that entire crisis is over.

Seriously, just power through.

Geg

So now that I'm officially done with chapter one, I just need a few things explained to me that might end up being explained by the tapes I got anyway

What... exactly was Skull Face's plan? The two main facets of the language parasites and being able to control nukes somehow with Sahelanthropus seemed really disjointed and separate from each other. So he wanted to wipe out the English language because that was Zero's language and he wanted revenge on Zero for some reason that's not really explained, I get that much. And the yellowcake being transported had something to do with either the metallic archaea or his ability to arm/disarm nukes. Or both maybe.

It seems a lot harder to linger and reflect on major plot elements in this game compared to other Metal Gears, maybe because the story is so out of focus most of the time. And I think overall that lessened Skull Face's impact as a villain. Though I did love his final scene at the end of mission 31.

Oh, and
I don't need to do any of the higher difficulty repeat missions, right?

Get her sinful butterfly and nothing is safe, skulls/tanks/helicopters, all are trash before quiet.
On the stealth side, she'll actually fire at targets that spot you during reflex mode, and she can scout out entire outposts on command.

D-walker is pretty powerful when upgraded.
D-horse's poop can make cars spin out.
DD is great for stealth, but he gets destroyed in combat.

sn00zer

Motherbase is dumb...so dumb....so bad and dumb...and complicated....

Honestly would have just been better if mother base grew with the narrative and they stuck with some semblance of a less complicated leveling system.

Elfstruck

Uhmm, Quiet is way more useful than the rest for me. As soon as I land, I just send her to
scout
and then when I get there, use
cover me
. S rank for most missions lol

Jintor

FOB Infiltrations are really awful. The rig maps are so bad for actual sneaking.

You always start from the goddamn bottom too. As soon as you pop your head up it's a 40/60 chance you're going to trigger reflex mode from some fucker on the other side of the map... or right next to you.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, her stripping down (while makes sense in context of her character getting more water for herself) in the middle of mother base with that bad animation work just makes it feel... cringe-worthy.

Seriously, had it just been this with the rest of her clothing intact
rain-scene-in-shawshank-redemption.gif

then playing around with the Boss, it actually would have made for a nice intimate moment b/w the 2 characters.

Especially if it was after the Quiet jump into the chlorine scene

Jintor

So now that I'm officially done with chapter one, I just need a few things explained to me that might end up being explained by the tapes I got anyway

What... exactly was Skull Face's plan? The two main facets of the language parasites and being able to control nukes somehow with Sahelanthropus seemed really disjointed and separate from each other. So he wanted to wipe out the English language because that was Zero's language and he wanted revenge on Zero for some reason that's not really explained, I get that much. And the yellowcake being transported had something to do with either the metallic archaea or his ability to arm/disarm nukes. Or both maybe.

It seems a lot harder to linger and reflect on major plot elements in this game compared to other Metal Gears, maybe because the story is so out of focus most of the time. And I think overall that lessened Skull Face's impact as a villain. Though I did love his final scene at the end of mission 31.

Oh, and
I don't need to do any of the higher difficulty repeat missions, right?

No, side ops and main non repeat missions are fine.

Re: Skullface
basically he wanted to destroy english because fuck english, and then the nukes stuff would be the new lingua franca of the world because everybody could have one, except that really Skullface would control it all because of satellites or some shit.

No, I don't think it makes much sense either

End game spoiler question

So do I lose Quiet forever after doing mission 45? Pls no details, yes or no.

yes

Sifl

Wandering soldiers just cannot resist cardboard boxes.
I was watching someone streaming earlier, apparently something else they can't resist is (spoiler: character that is hidden in the med bay, not Quiet)
Paz's
humming. You get a tape of it somewhere, and if you play it on speaker they move towards you.

I was watching someone streaming earlier, apparently something else they can't resist is (spoiler: character that is hidden in the med bay, not Quiet)
Paz's
humming. You get a tape of it somewhere, and if you play it on speaker they move towards you.

I was wondering if the speaker actually had a function.

I was wondering if the speaker actually had a function.

Supposedly if you use some tape that is basically a 'toilet recording' while in a porta-potty soldiers will not check inside either. I found the tape but haven't set up a situation to try it yet. Heh.

So, mission 3
is the first one I've just straight up given up, far too hard. Do they get even more harder after this? If so I might as well just quit the game.

I actually was doing REALLY well on my first try.
Utilized some of the tanks and armored vehicles in the area along with D Walker to take it down to like 15% health with little trouble. Then I was rolling down a hill in a tank firing at it hoping to finish it off.
The screen starts to grey out. "BIG BOSS YOU ARE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA." Before I could even stop it's momentum or jump out I had left the zone and failed the mission. I just rage quit there and went to play some Galak-Z to calm down a bit.

OPEN WORLD MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

Now that I've finished the game I can't wait for MGO3.

I think I've almost completed all the side ops but it still shows I have around 50 left.

Do missions count towards that amount?

ezekial45

Banned
So about Quiet's late-game story.
Would using the Butterfly emblem just be delaying the inevitable? Or does it permanently halt her final missions.

Quiet's "cover me" command turns almost any mission into easy mode.

Meier

If I am doing a side op and Quiet attacks the legendary gunsmith and kills him, is that it? Or will he respawn?

I was so close to knocking him out..stupid metal helmets. 😭

Holy crap. Mission 21 is the most brilliantly designed hitman level ever.
I noticed on like my 4th playthrough that if you let the two targets mill about for a while they headed to a truck so I looked everywhere for the truck and found it in a hangar bay. Didn't know for sure it was the one but I chilled in there for like 10 mins listening to tapes including some love will tear us apart and suddenly a dude in a suit is right next to me. Jackpot. We drive until we get in an open road and pop both in the head with a stun gun. Extract both and high tail it out of there
. Ultimate hit.

The game is simply sensational. Best I've played in a long time.

Top Bottom