• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

brau

Advice heeded. Onward with chick ranking!

Cheers for this information. I'm also one who tends to take my time sneaking around. The damn timer stresses me the f out.

CFFgDd1.png

GeekMarty

There is no other reason for a delivery point to appear on the map other than obtaining the invoice and thus unlock it for fast travel.

It doesn't make sense to have points on map that you can't travel to.

Of course there's a reason to have them on the map. The points are there to collect them. That's what I do now anyway. Put a marker on it to get that invoice.

Now why you can't see them, I don't know.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean cover mode exactly?

When you give her the command to "cover me."

You probably haven't unlocked it yet. I haven't either as I've only taken her on a couple of missions as I just got her as a buddy yesterday.

DD is making things a cakewalk, at least for now. Not only does him marking enemies mean you never have to worry about being caught out by an enemy you never knew about, but if an enemy is on their own, his "keep 'em busy" command makes it easy to just run up and one-shot punch them using the bionic hand.

Since I started using DD, I've started clearing places out much faster, and only been spotted due to carelessness on my part. I haven't even unlocked his stun knife yet.

I've unlocked Quiet, but haven't used her. I have a hard time imagining how she could be more useful than DD though.

Korosenai

When you give her the command to "cover me."

You probably haven't unlocked it yet. I haven't either as I've only taken her on a couple of missions as I just got her as a buddy yesterday.
Yeah I just unlocked her as well. Was doing mission 15 with her, and literally the first guy she aimed at that I was scouting with binoculars saw her laser sight and yelled "sniper!".

Haunted

spoilers for side ops popping up around and after main mission ~30:

I think I just
accidentally lost my Battle Gear. Sent it out on that super long 2 and a half hour S-rank combat deployment, then quickly realising that I didn't send the best possible team and dismissing it by pressing X -> A.

Well, now it's actually gone and the game automatically saved.

Is there a way to build a new one or am I fucked in terms of yellow dot combat deployment missions (which always yielded the best rewards)? What would have happened if that S-rank deployment failed (it had a ~50% chance).

Sifl

spoilers for side ops popping up around and after main mission ~30:

I think I just
accidentally lost my Battle Gear. Sent it out on that super long 2 and a half hour S-rank combat deployment, then quickly realising that I didn't send the best possible team and dismissing it by pressing X -> A.

Well, now it's actually gone and the game automatically saved.

Is there a way to build a new one or am I fucked in terms of yellow dot combat deployment missions (which always yielded the best rewards)? What would have happened if that S-rank deployment failed (it had a ~50% chance).
Happened to me yesterday, it took somewhere between 2-3 ingame hours for it to be useable again. There was no notification though.

Groof

Yoooooo that god damn scene with
Paz on Mother Base is crazy! How can something like this be missable? Should I go back regularly?

Haunted

Bit of a story/series related question GAF: I'm nearly finished MGS2, about to embark on MGS3 and PW, my question is: should I possibly leave MGS4 for after MGSGZ/V?

Would that be a brilliant or very dumb idea - for those that have played both 4 and V.
Think about it this way - there are two trilogies: 1, 2 and 4 (the story of solid snake) and 3, PW, V (the story of big boss).

If you're already almost done with one trilogy, I'd recommend to not start mixing and matching now. Just finish one trilogy first, then start the other.

Happened to me yesterday, it took somewhere between 2-3 ingame hours for it to be useable again. There was no notification though.
That's a relief, thanks!

I assume it's the time the mission would've taken to complete initially.

The only time I've had her alert anyone is if you order an attack, or put her in cover mode. If you use cover always remember to disable it when you move on otherwise she will go on a rampage. I think if you get attacked she will defend automatically as well.

Yes, the difference however is that, if you get attacked she will use herself as diversion to draw the enemy away from you, once you're safe, she will automatically stand down. Commanding her to cover will NEVER make her stand down, she'll just go HAM even going as far as instantly taking out enemies that wake up again from a stun/sleep.

Please can someone answer me ?

I have a question for people who have completed everything.

I just finished chapter 1, and got Volgin from a side mission.
My question is: do I need to do the extra hard missions (the blue ones) to unlock some cinematics and other stuff related to the scenario ? Or can I simply do the yellow missions ?

Please can someone answer me ?

I have a question for people who have completed everything.

I just finished chapter 1, and got Volgin from a side mission.
My question is: do I need to do the extra hard missions (the blue ones) to unlock some cinematics and other stuff related to the scenario ? Or can I simply do the yellow missions ?

The latter.
Well actually at some point you'll have no more yellows left and you'll have to do random side ops to progress.

Hazaku

I can't count how many times I've hit the 'Restart Mission' button after getting snapped by enemies/them going into alert status.

I'm 24 hours in and only up to Episode 6 lol.

I refuse to comeback later to get those S ranks with better gear.

Are these stupid and pointless extreme missions after Chapter 1 the only way to progress in story, or are there other ways to unlock those missions and how? If not, then this is some hardcore lazy game design.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Are these stupid and pointless extreme missions after Chapter 1 the only way to progress in story, or are there other ways to unlock those missions and how? If not, then this is some hardcore lazy game design.
You can do side ops instead.

GeekMarty

No, you can do side ops instead.

Edit: Beaten to a pulp.

I don't understand : when I logged today, the game entered a "tutorial" mode that forced me to build a fob, and now it want me to visit it for training...

Before, I could just ignore it but it forced me to build it.... how can I disable invasions ?

brau

Does anyone have the official guide with the lithograph? Is it worth getting?

I got it. I really love it. Its a very nice book. Very thorough, and the lithograph could be bigger. But its pretty awesome. Also, the paper and binding of the book are phenomenal. Specially for the book being that thick.

Groof

I got it. I really love it. Its a very nice book. Very thorough, and the lithograph could be bigger. But its pretty awesome. Also, the paper and binding of the book are phenomenal. Specially for the book being that thick.

Damnit. You convinced me. Order placed.

Imm0rt4l

For those actively participating in FOB, are you having fun with it? I haven't taken part yet but I've been invaded twice now. It has me salty, now I just want revenge. Not sure if this is brilliant game design or terrible. Will give this a shot once I've actually learned the details of the system, navigating the menus assigning staff and what not. I don't have a firm grasp on it atm.

Just got the legendary gunsmith and unlocked weapon customisation - I won't spoiler that as its a side op and actually everyone who knows about it should do it! And you won't be told in the game to do it!

What confuses me more if Miller said nothing in the acc after I got him! Did I miss something? I expected some blurb to explain weapon crafting

Ignore me - returning to mother base and leaving via the acc prompted it

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So any updated thoughts/theories on this whole thing?

Wow. Didn't know that. The twitter account thing is interesting since it literally is @KojimaLives

https://twitter.com/KojimaLives

That video in his conversation is totally Big Boss from the "Ash" scene/CGI where his hand is up and pulling some ash down his face.

I doubt it's a DLC for Phantom Pain. I feel like this is Konami allowing him to take the P.T. work with him and just calling it something else.

cackhyena

I can't count how many times I've hit the 'Restart Mission' button after getting snapped by enemies/them going into alert status.

I'm 24 hours in and only up to Episode 6 lol.

I refuse to comeback later to get those S ranks with better gear.
Goddamn, son. Here I thought I was crazy for how long I had taken.

Groof

That was easy. lol.

Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

Haha I was already hovering over the purchase button, I guess my mind was pretty set and you tipped me over. I love well made books, especially if they include great art. Looking forward to it!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No possiblitiy as far as I know. They really want you to play the FOB.

Even if he starts a new game, his F.O.B. is already on Konami servers, so it'll just pop-up again without the tutorial.

Until Konami gives an opt-out option (and people continue to raise a stink about it), it's basically a #dealwithit situation.

brau

Haha I was already hovering over the purchase button, I guess my mind was pretty set and you tipped me over. I love well made books, especially if they include great art. Looking forward to it!

Good... i would recommend getting the white version tho. With the Shinkawa art. It looks better. Tho the dark one looks cool. It also includes a giant map.

It has a lot of history, lore and concept art and what not of the game, and its all segmented to avoid too many spoilers.

Best to look at after you play the game. Unless you want to answer a question.

Tho some mechanics have been interesting to read in the book.

bryt

Welp, left my game on overnight sitting in the ACC to see if my materials get processed and it looks like it doesn't if you just idle. Before I left work today I rubber banded my R1 down and right analog stick to the right. Let's hope my materials are processed when I get home lol

Wow. Didn't know that. The twitter account thing is interesting since it literally is @KojimaLives

https://twitter.com/KojimaLives

That video in his conversation is totally Big Boss from the "Ash" scene/CGI where his hand is up and pulling some ash down his face.

I doubt it's a DLC for Phantom Pain. I feel like this is Konami allowing him to take the P.T. work with him and just calling it something else.

That doesn't explain this .webm found on the sites directory (clearly showing BB)

Just completed Mission 39 (a repeat of a much earlier mission for anyone that's not far along) with S-Rank. I've been trying to do a lot of missions pure stealth with no knockouts, no items, essentially boiling down to it being bionic arm usage only. Opening the door stealthily while the guard was there near the prisoner was pretty much an impossible task. I couldn't do it no matter how slowly I moved so I had to improvise a bit.

Kind of exhilarating to pull it off after so many failed attempts though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M5tnmtvx5M

Top Bottom