• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Groof

Good... i would recommend getting the white version tho. With the Shinkawa art. It looks better. Tho the dark one looks cool. It also includes a giant map.

It has a lot of history, lore and concept art and what not of the game, and its all segmented to avoid too many spoilers.

Best to look at after you play the game. Unless you want to answer a question.

Tho some mechanics have been interesting to read in the book.

There's a... white one? I can only find the black one. Do you have any links??

Wow. You guys werent kidding about Mission 45. What an absolute joke. Need some serious help here.

I keep dying at the exact same spot. I get to the point where a sandstorm happens (I would imagine that happens for everyone) where Quiet uses her body to distract the enemy. I can hear Ocelot say the enemy is almost finished, and then a chopper comes.

Now it says I am supposed to distract the enemy to save Quiet, but there is a fucking sandstorm so I cant see shit, even with NVG. And the second I step out from behind cover, I get one shotted by a tank I cant see. Every time. No matter if I am behind cover or not. The one shot will hit the front of my cover, no matter how far back I am from it, and still kill me with splash damage.

Seriously what the fuck is this?

Okay, endgame mission question: (no story stuff)

i just unlocked mission 46, but not yet 45. Should i not play 46 until I've played 45 or does it not matter?

Yeah okay. Nuts to FOB. My security lvl team went down from 32 to 18 because some guy went around killing as well as taking some of my other staff. It wouldn't be a problem if you could only invade when you're online (in fact, imo that would increase the tension factor on invasions by a ton) or if some offline items didn't need a security level pre-requisite.

I keep trying, but I just don't think invasion multiplayer types are my thing.

Minamu

Do I have to progress to a certain mission before I start finding soldiers with stats over A++? My scope is maxed out (S++) but I rarely see anything over A+ anyway. I just unlocked FOB missions if that matters.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Wow. You guys werent kidding about Mission 45. What an absolute joke. Need some serious help here.

I keep dying at the exact same spot. I get to the point where a sandstorm happens (I would imagine that happens for everyone) where Quiet uses her body to distract the enemy. I can hear Ocelot say the enemy is almost finished, and then a chopper comes.

Now it says I am supposed to distract the enemy to save Quiet, but there is a fucking sandstorm so I cant see shit, even with NVG. And the second I step out from behind cover, I get one shotted by a tank I cant see. Every time. No matter if I am behind cover or not. The one shot will hit the front of my cover, no matter how far back I am from it, and still kill me with splash damage.

Basically make sure you utilize Fire and Air Support as much as possible, and NEVER fire from the same spot. Also try take advantage of the tanks reloading their guns when they fire.

It's not a surefire way, but it really helped when I finally got that shit done.

dangeROSS

I'm still pretty early in the game. Things are starting to click for me a bit and I'm getting to the point where I feel more comfortable sneaking around and capturing folks.
I also learned my soldiers back at base find my antics improve their morale:

https://youtu.be/EzAxEyYJBas

usp84

How can i make Quiet tranq everyone at will? Right now i can only zoom on a target and command her to shoot

I just want to let her tranq everyone she sees without pointing at each enemy seperately

Real Hero

This is the only mission I got stuck on, here's what I did
Make sure you have a rocket launcher and the battle armour on you. The first part up until the checkpoint is easy with just the rocket launcher, then after that I ran around like madman and fultoned the next 3/4 vehicles once I knew exactly where they would appear. Then for the last few I hid in the building and called multiple airstrikes until i had only the chopper left to deal with.

Seriously though, what's the deal with seeing everything this game has to offer? I'd rather not miss anything so if someone could explain it to me without any spoilers if possible that would be great.

I'd like to use Quiet more in missions, but it seems like most of the time, she ends up buggering off to a different part of the map and I never see her for the rest of the mission. I can't issue any commands.

What do I do in these situations?

Just stay behind the
blue building and the tanks can't hurt you, also there is an extra fully loaded GROM in the left holding cell.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Seriously though, what's the deal with seeing everything this game has to offer? I'd rather not miss anything so if someone could explain it to me without any spoilers if possible that would be great.

What do you mean? I would say just keep replaying missions and doing shit differently with different buddies.

brau

There's a... white one? I can only find the black one. Do you have any links??

Found someone that has it. i was not wrong. woots!

IMG_1157_zpsrgtkk5xa.jpg

shiba5

I don't understand : when I logged today, the game entered a "tutorial" mode that forced me to build a fob, and now it want me to visit it for training...

Before, I could just ignore it but it forced me to build it.... how can I disable invasions ?

You can't disable them. The only thing you can do is always play offline and never create the FOB.

The game entered a tutorial mode that forced me to build a FOB... I don't want to be invaded... I read that you could opt out...

Can you unbuild FOBs ? Are you forced to have one ? How can I prevent invasions ?

Thank you very much.

You can't disable them. The only thing you can do is always play offline and never create the FOB.

So if you play online you are forced to have one... burt you can be invaded even if you are offline right ? No way to prevent ressources losses ?

brau

The game entered a tutorial mode that forced me to build a FOB... I don't want to be invaded... I read that you could opt out...

Can you unbuild FOBs ? Are you forced to have one ? How can I prevent invasions ?

Thank you very much.

the tutorial doesn't dump you online. YOu can do those offline. They are part of the story.

Okay guys I have a few questions regarding the game. Does this game has any boss battles like previous games before? I'm finding the game is like do this and pick up this guy, kill this guy and I don't see anything like story worthy.

Edzi

So earlier in the thread I saw people talking about having to equip a butterfly emblem if I want to keep Quiet, and also something about not being able to get a platinum/all missions if I don't "lose" Quiet. I have no idea what any of this means or is referring to, so can someone fill me in without spoiling anything?

Wait, so how does this work exactly? I made my FOB when the game told me to so that I could deploy more teams at a time, but I immediately went offline after making it. I play offline for the most part, but log in for a few seconds just to get my daily reward. Does this mean that people can invade me while I'm offline and then I'd get the losses while logging back in? I just assumed that the FOB invasion stuff would be off while I was offline.

Okay guys I have a few questions regarding the game. Does this game has any boss battles like previous games before? I'm finding the game is like do this and pick up this guy, kill this guy and I don't see anything like story worthy.

I'm 31 missions in, and so far, the answer is
no. The closes I've gotten to boss battles are fights with the Skull unit and a very Peace Walker-esque metal gear fight.

shiba5

Thank you very much.

So if you play online you are forced to have one... burt you can be invaded even if you are offline right ? No way to prevent ressources losses ?

Yes
Correct
Not unless you have the PC version. Then you have a workaround.

I wish there was a way to stay offline in MGSV without having to manually go to the options and disconnect. Also, bump:

I'd like to use Quiet more in missions, but it seems like most of the time, she ends up buggering off to a different part of the map and I never see her for the rest of the mission. I can't issue any commands.

the tutorial doesn't dump you online. YOu can do those offline. They are part of the story.

I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand. I was locked at a screen that told me to buy waters. Could not return to previous screens.

So, if I get it right :

-> If you are online you HAVE at some point to build a FOB
-> once it's built, you are subject to invasions, even when you are offline
-> You cannot disable this, so if you stop playing for 1 month you may return to terrible losses of ressources

Is that correct ?

brau

Whaaaat! I have the Shinkawa steelbook... this would be an amazing complement. Need to dig deeper and find this. Otherwise I'll have to settle for the black one.

im looking for you too. its pretty awesome looking.

I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand. I was locked at a screen that told me to buy waters. Could not return to previous screens.

So, if I get it right :

-> You cannot disable this, so if you stop playing for 1 month you may return to terrible losses of ressources

Is that correct ?

Someone correct me if i am wrong. I'll check the guide too.

Mission
will have you build an FOB.
I don't think so. If you are offline you can't be invaded. You have to be online. (i am checking on this tho. )
I am not sure this is how it works. But i'll look it up.

From the guide.
FOBs are essentially additional Mother Bases that you can develop to speed up your progression in the management metagame, particularly to acquire resources at a much higher rate.
You must be online to build FOBs. Your first FOB is free of charge. Additional FOBs must be purchased with MB coins acquired through micro transactions with real life money.
For each FOB that you won, you can send two more squads of recruits on Combat Deployment assignments, in addition to the default two offered by MB.
For every FOB deck that you build you also extend the staff capacity of your entire base.

MIssion
doesn't have any notes on it whether you have to be online to do this. SO it is part of the story as far as i am aware.

shiba5

So earlier in the thread I saw people talking about having to equip a butterfly emblem if I want to keep Quiet, and also something about not being able to get a platinum/all missions if I don't "lose" Quiet. I have no idea what any of this means or is referring to, so can someone fill me in without spoiling anything?

Wait, so how does this work exactly? I made my FOB when the game told me to so that I could deploy more teams at a time, but I immediately went offline after making it. I play offline for the most part, but log in for a few seconds just to get my daily reward. Does this mean that people can invade me while I'm offline and then I'd get the losses while logging back in? I just assumed that the FOB invasion stuff would be off while I was offline.

It's can always be invaded - even offline. So if you get invaded, the next time your game connects to the network, it will sync the FOB and record any losses.
Great system, right??
/s

Use the Scout and Attack commands in the buddy menu on the iDroid.

shiba5

So, if I get it right :

Is that correct ?

Yes.
So all that and there's already rampant cheating too.

TwistedMind

Neo Member
After 50 hours in the game I just discovered pressing L1 twice makes you contact Ocelot and there is a way to fast travel through boxes ! THIS GAME ......

usp84

So earlier in the thread I saw people talking about having to equip a butterfly emblem if I want to keep Quiet, and also something about not being able to get a platinum/all missions if I don't "lose" Quiet. I have no idea what any of this means or is referring to, so can someone fill me in without spoiling anything? . [/spoiler]

I would also like to know this please

Naar

guys i see there is a locked room in the medical platform and i kinda heard what is behind it but want to see it for myself.

how can i enter the room? Im on mission 42. did i pass the point of no return to unlock that room?

Top Bottom