• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Quick question, the crates inside the airport hangars, are they wormhole only or can you blow the roof up?

I remember reading if there's 2 side ops that take place in the same location, you have to complete one before the other pops up? Could have something to do with that.

Hmm that might help my quest for advancing the story, guess I'll have to whittle down a few more.

GeekMarty

Those points only show up on the map after you grab the invoice.

Unless you mean you need to collect one invoice to see every single one that can't be true. I can see every delivery point now, yet I haven't collected about half of them (edit: by now more like a third).

Well, if it's the tape I have you need to do side ops 143:
Extract the AI Pod. It's at the central Afghan base camp.
I remember reading if there's 2 side ops that take place in the same location, you have to complete one before the other pops up? Could have something to do with that.

i already extracted
the AI pod

maybe it's a glitch and i didn't get the tape because i didn't return to the mother base, but instead i directly did the side ops where you must
exctract the burning man

If you have time, could you PM me what does it says in the tape? thank you

daveo42

Banned
Mission 21 'Voices' end spoilers.
Do I need to defeat the Man on Fire or just stun him long enough to safely get on the chopper?

At this point I think you can only stun him for so long. You can extract him as well if you can stop the floaty kid from popping the fulton.

Edit: Clarification on wording -
He can be defeated and leave the battle field, but outright kill I think is off the table

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mission 20 'Voices' end spoilers.
Do I need to defeat the Man on Fire or just stun him long enough to safely get on the chopper?

Defeat is what I did. I dunno if the second option is possible. Check your environment. You'll know where to go. If you have a shotgun, it'll be easy. If not, drop one while hiding and then rush there and drop them.

aoLQUHz.png

Vaga

Unless you mean you need to collect one invoice to see every single one that can't be true. I can see every delivery point now, yet I haven't collected about half of them (edit: by now more like a third).

What level is your intel unit? Mine is 48 and they don't show.

Sifl

i already extracted
the AI pod

maybe it's a glitch and i didn't get the tape because i didn't return to the mother base, but instead i directly did the side ops where you must
exctract the burning man

If you have time, could you PM me what does it says in the tape? thank you
Sent a pm, sorry if it is the wrong tape.

daveo42

Banned
wait you can stop him? how? i tried everything

I didn't have any luck, but supposedly it is possible based on info in the other thread and maybe earlier in this thread too. At least the first part. Stopping the other, not sure if he did or if it was just because of the location.

Edzi

(ch. 30-31 spoilers)
- The long jeep ride with Skull Face was sooooooooo awkward. He keeps talking on and on like it's a tape, and Snake never says a single thing. No rebuttals or anything like similar scenes from previous MGS games. The worst part was when he stops talking after he says "War is peace" and the theme song kicks in for no reason at all, everyone stops talking, and then the song ends, and he starts talking again like nothing happened. Smh Kojima.

Yeahhh, that was definitely awkward. Thought the same thing while playing last night, especially during the music kicking in like you mentioned. It was a scene that would have been made much better with a more traditional Kojima cutscene style.

Banzai

Who is this Silent Basilisk guy and why can't I fire him? Is he the only person in the game that doesn't speak any language?

iMax

So according to the guides I've read, I cannot unlock the endgame missions
unless I max out my bond with Quiet. It's pretty low right now. I honestly just don't use her. Any tips for doing this quick? And also, apparently I need to witness a scientist getting 'exiled'. Haven't seen this yet.

I have read that you can unlock the Ground Zeroes area in Phantom Pain and can maybe do missions there. Is it true? And if yes, how can I do that?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There's an S ranked dispatch mission called
Rescue the Peacekeepers and it requires a battle gear

How am I supposed to succeed here? Seems very hard.

Do you think it's safe to pick Quiet for mission 29 when I've finished mission 43 ? I believe the bug prevents players from progressing with the story.

So according to the guides I've read, I cannot unlock the endgame missions
unless I max out my bond with Quiet. It's pretty low right now. I honestly just don't use her. Any tips for doing this quick? And also, apparently I need to witness a scientist getting 'exiled'. Haven't seen this yet.

You can use side ops to up your bond with a buddy, I'd say that's the best way to do it. You can also replay mission.

Hasney

Christ, replayed the first Afghan mission for an S and there was one guy at the pick up spot. The helicopter proceeded to not stop shooting him until I approached the chopper, must have put at least 1,000 rounds into him

126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7Shi.jpeg

Do you think it's safe to pick Quiet for mission 29 when I've finished mission 43 ? I believe the bug prevents players from progressing with the story.

The bug actually destroys saves. I wouldn't risk it.

Korosenai

Is there a way to not have Quiet alert the enemy that she's there? The first guy she started pointing out yelled "Sniper!" And then the whole area went on full alert mode.

Zebetite

Banned
has anyone figured out when the world "refreshes"?

stuff like resource pickups seem to stay gone for a while-- until they respawn.

then you've got stuff like communications dishes and anti-air radars, which seem kinda useless to destroy because they seem to respawn pretty quick. maybe you could go to an outpost in free roam just before starting a mission there to hit their comms equipment and it would still be dead? or does it all refresh on a new mission start?

So I just completed two of the target practices including the R&D platform. I then jump into the jeep to drive to the third platform for the last target practice and accidentally ran over one of my troops. Game over. Continue from last checkpoint. Takes me back to before I did any of the target practices.

For real?

Staf

Stop. Seriously, stop. The game is forcing me to do that multiplayer FOB stuff. I just got home from work and i just want to do some damn story missions. Can i skip this if i restart and go offline?

shiba5

Stop. Seriously, stop. The game is forcing me to do that multiplayer FOB stuff. I just got home from work and i just want to do some damn story missions. Can i skip this if i restart and go offline?

Yes, but the game always automatically tries to connect so when it does, it will lock your iDroid until you do the FOB stuff. It's a terrible design. You can block the .exe on your firewall or put Steam in offline mode if you have the PC version.

Muffdraul

So I just completed two of the target practices including the R&D platform. I then jump into the jeep to drive to the third platform for the last target practice and accidentally ran over one of my troops. Game over. Continue from last checkpoint. Takes me back to before I did any of the target practices.

For real?

Yeah, I got fucked over that way more than once. Typically thoughtless checkpoint system. The fact that it doesn't automatically save after completing each TP mission is ridiculous.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's an S ranked dispatch mission called
Rescue the Peacekeepers and it requires a battle gear

How am I supposed to succeed here? Seems very hard.

Is it like a 56% chance or something? I put them off for awhile but just go for it now, haven't failed them yet and it doesn't seem like you can actually do much to raise the chances.

End-game stuff, no spoilers please.
So if I want to see all the main missions/story I need to max out Quiet's bond? Is there anything else I should know? Because this is not a game I could see myself playing through twice.

Pejo

Man, D-Dog is so damn fun to use once your bond gets higher with him and you get some equipment. Having both of you sneak up on a pair of guards, sending him in to attack one and sandwiching the other from the opposite side just feels SO good. I even used that tactic on a set of 3 guards, and I held the one as a meat shield, and tranqed the 3rd with a headshot while he was trying to get to me.

This game, man.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
GAF pls.

Went in blind hoping for the worst, ended up enjoying it lot more than mission 16. Also my first S rank.
Putting that D-Walker to work :p

Is it like a 56% chance or something? I put them off for awhile but just go for it now, haven't failed them yet and it doesn't seem like you can actually do much to raise the chances.

I don't want to lose the
Battle Gear
. I'll give it a shot once I get a bunch of S+ guys.

Top Bottom