• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

dmshaposv

Quiet rain scene

wtf kojima

Just wtf.

Awkward and cringe inducing, ridiculously pandering by making her lose her stockings and worst was big boss splashing back like a child.

Gvitor

Quiet late game question:

Ok, so I just did the White Mamba mission 3 times with her covering me, and didn't get the butterfly emblem. Does it have to be 3 different missions?

EDIT:
nevermind, I'm an idiot, I didn't see that the emblem section had tabs.

Carbonox

Quiet rain scene

wtf kojima

Just wtf.

Awkward and cringe inducing, ridiculously pandering by making her lose her stockings and worst was big boss splashing back like a child.

It was fucking awful. Even her breasts did backflips in to themselves cos they couldn't handle the scene.

Haven't played MGSV in two days because its ruining my life

Kept doing side missions next thing i knew it was 6am

After the groggiest morning routine of my life, i got to work late

i started dozing off in the afternoon at work

I couldnt get anything done

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight

This and this and this some more... So can't wait for the weekend to spend another countless hours with the game. First evening haven't played, crazy work day, and I am withdrawling 😅

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight
I had Wednesday and Thursday off last week, so when I went to work on Friday I was really feeling a phantom pain by not being able to play for six hours in a row. This game sucks you in hardcore.

Lynx_7

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight

This is me today.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The way you can go back to mother base and do side ops in between sequences where that wouldn't actually be possible (between Mission 29, 30, etc) is kinda hilarious. Interested to see where the story goes, because I am at a point where I only have a vague idea of who the hell you're really working against.
Major Zero?

ChuckNyce

This and this and this some more... So can't wait for the weekend to spend another countless hours with the game. First evening haven't played, crazy work day, and I am withdrawling 😅

Same here! I was getting off of work, coming home and playing MGS V till bed for the past 5 or 6 nights and I just couldn't do it anymore. Took a break yesterday and today (finally finished Bloodborne, yay!) so I'll be nice and refreshed for some MGS this weekend.

Sifl

Guess I'm at the part near the end where everyone is asking how do I get the next mission. So this just happened :
Eli escaped on Shamalamadingdong
So just do side ops to get the next missions?

Anyone know of a way to hack the speed of time? I wish it were more realistic. I hate that if I creep along stealthily, I will often run into morning by the time I make it to the primary objective. It's frustrating.

Dat jeep conversation monologue in chapter 30.

I'm proud of myself to have been able to go through it without dozing off.

Got the stink cutscene too, it was fun but the Quiet stuff is really embarassing sometimes.

Are Side Ops supposed to re-highlight after beating them early on? For example, Prisoner Extraction 02 is completed, and checked off, and then it becomes White again and I can replay it?

Enthus

Are Side Ops supposed to re-highlight after beating them early on? For example, Prisoner Extraction 02 is completed, and checked off, and then it becomes White again and I can replay it?

You can do it multiple times for more rewards. It only needs to be beaten once for completion, though.

Bumhead

Banned
Quiet rain scene

wtf kojima

Just wtf.

Legitimately the worst thing I've ever seen in a game.

Fucking pathetic. Cringe inducing doesn't do it justice.

I think I just got told to grind.

Got to Mission
15 or 16
and I don't have
the right fulton to extract the truck with its cargo
so I need to build an expansion before I can even develop it.

Are there any other items I should work on now to avoid this in the future?

I noticed at least in two instances audio used in the game that's also present in other games.

1. Opening scene when Konami logo flashes has the same sound as loading scene in King of Fighters 97.

2. Mission 29,
Battle with Skulls
, has the same sound as Bloodborne's "Prey Slaughtered" sound.

bryt

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight

I've averaged 4 hours of sleep a night for this whole week. Good thing I take a 40 minute train ride to and from work everyday so I've been taking power naps on there just to be able to play MGSV until 3 AM. I've put in 50 hours in 5 days. I'm addicted to this game.

I'm so glad the majority of my playtime has been spent on side ops
getting the legendary gunsmith finally gets my Renov-ICKX sniper rifle a much coveted suppressor <3; gave it a scope and color finish to make it look more like the Scout from Counter-Strike as well

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did mission 20. God damn, that was awesome.
I brought my water pistol to see if I could fight the Man on Fire with it, with Ocelot saying "IT'S NOT ENOUGH WATER".
Heh, love how the game thought I was going to do this. BTW,
I've read that it's possible to fulton him, is that true?

EDIT: BTW, why put the emblem on? Aren't you missing story stuff by doing that?

Ok, I got Quiet's bond to max and saw that rain scene... Yikes :/

Her bond won't drop if I switch back to D-Dog, right? I miss my lil' sneaking suited wolf pup.

Also...
Wormhole
fulton? I am very intrigued!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
How are you guys getting the rain scene?! I got the bond max with her, and nothing.

Top Bottom