• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

There's one for her, and once you unlock weapon customisation (do the Legendary Gunsmith side ops), you can slap a suppressor onto any of your own sniper rifles. Silenced sniper rifles for everyone!

Wow, Thanks! I didn't even know there was weapon customization!

I've had that side ops sitting there for a while I think. Time to do it, silencer on my tranq is exciting! Super stealth.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Thanks! I didn't even know there was weapon customization!

You can thank Yoji Shinkawa for that. Apparently he did it unprompted (Kojima didn't ask for it) and it was so good that Kojima included it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Im on traitors caravan and i dont have the fulton upgrade for the convoy. ...any other ways to finish the mission? Plllz help lol

Drive the truck out of the hot zone.
(It's mission 16, right?)

Well, all buddies are OP in their own way, DD can extract prisoners and enemies you tranq, or he can just straight up wallhack kill them in total steath, oh and he also marks everything in a giant radius, even important targets.

Wait, what? How do you do this? I have my bond with DD maxed but have never seen the option.

CHC

So I could swear I did the legendary gunsmith side op but now it's gone from list of ops and I'm not unlocking the next level of it? Any idea what's going on?

I can customize my vehicles so I must have done at least part 1 but there seems to be no sign of it on my list.

Ostinatto

end game questions:

After saving Quiet from the tanks, she is gone, i can't do side quests or replay main quests with her as a buddy, is she gone for good?

whats inside that door below Paz's room with the red light?

I hope modders can delve into the PC game sooner or later besides just model hacks. Just a few tweaks could greatly improve the barren open worlds. The vanilla game is still so great but it can be better.

Finalow

Okay? The fact you got that far means something of value was in it.
sure it was, never wrote or thought that it wasn't.

still, that's pretty much how I feel about chapter 2. tedious, boring, uninteresting and I'm just paving the way for the final mission by grinding side ops. so, okay.

COl21G-UkAA57sj.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There should have never been that many Side Ops. Take of those off and the game's pacing would have improved, I think. (In a way that you don't have to grind them)

Geg

So without giving anything specific, when does the
ash scene from the E3 2014 trailer happen? I assumed it would be at the end of Chapter 1 with them all mourning those who died from the parasites.

Also are there any specific rewards for doing the harder difficulty repeat missions, like extra cassette tapes or anything?

I really have to stop doing side ops. 46 hours and only on mission 24. I'm starting to get a bit burnt out but I know I've got more story missions to get through. I just get distracted and then 2hrs later I realize I've done nothing but side ops.

daveo42

Banned
Credit roll after episode 31.
The fight was good, along with that revenge on Skull Face. So is Psycho Mantis only visible to Eli now? He seems to be in the in to try and finish the mission. Also, why the anger from him while piloting the mech? While it works along why you were one of the sole targets, not sure what Mantis has against BB at the moment. Maybe he's absorbed Volgon into his psyche or something?

Almost felt like a fitting end, even with the little bump, but hopefully the rest will play out in the next chapter...
except it seems like it probably won't based on the reactions in the thread.

Here's to you, Big Boss.

Is being able to ride materials containers when fulton'ing them possible, and if so, is it an upgrade? It was the first thing I tried doing when I could fulton them, but I always fall off.

Nose Master

There's some lore reason while all the guns start missing a bullet in the clip, right? Is that implying putting one in the chamber on top of a full clip?

Geg

So without giving anything specific, when does the
ash scene from the E3 2014 trailer happen? I assumed it would be at the end of Chapter 1 with them all mourning those who died from the parasites.

Also are there any specific rewards for doing the harder difficulty repeat missions, like extra cassette tapes or anything?

Anyone?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So, post-end game stuff involving Eli.

After Eli and the kids hijacks sahelanthropus, what I am supposed to do? All I have remaining are Subsistence/Extreme missions, am I supposed to beat those to get the true ending?

ezekial45

Banned
So, post-end game stuff involving Eli.

After Eli and the kids hijacks sahelanthropus, what I am supposed to do? All I have remaining are Subsistence/Extreme missions, am I supposed to beat those to get the true ending?

Just keep playing the side-ops, new missions, listen to the important tapes (marked yellow). The harder missions of pasts ones aren't really necessary, but you're free to do them if you want. New missions and events will pop up eventually.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
It was cut from the game. It's on YouTube.

Yeah but I just got to that scene, along with tapes regarding the DNA tests. Is there anything else to do? I know there's a true ending but I'm not sure what am I supposed to do next.

Just keep playing the side-ops, new missions, listen to the important tapes (marked yellow). The harder missions of pasts ones aren't really necessary, but you're free to do them if you want. New missions and events will pop up eventually.

Okay, cool. Thank you.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Can anyone explain how to use Quiet? I know how to get her to go in certain spots but do I really have to tell her to kill each enemy?

Top Bottom