• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Am I supposed to just let the
quarantine thing play out? Only thing I found was that everyone with symptoms spoke Kikongo. So I moved over a guy that doesn't speak it and a guy that does to quarantine
. Dunno what else to do.

So I accepted
Quiet
to my party , when I can use her as a buddy for missions? I recently unlocked the send soldiers to do field activities so I am not sure when.

AEREC

so chapter 2 has a lot of inconsistent story stuff.

Regarding Huey:

Why the fuck is he still around...I just had a recording where he was locked up after the parasite mutation, yet you go back to motherbase and he's just chilling in his Battle Gear hanger. Totally immersion killing.

Feels like they got sloppy with Chapter 2. I would have almost been fine if it was season pass DLC or something if they just took the time to flesh it out more.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
There's some lore reason while all the guns start missing a bullet in the clip, right? Is that implying putting one in the chamber on top of a full clip?

I obsessively chamber a round in each of my guns at the start of each mission. I wish they had a special animation for it.

dedhead54

Always infiltrate at night and avoid lights. Crouch-walk when they're looking towards you or if you're close to them, say less than 50m. At night, fultoning is noticed at ranges less than ~35m. Definitely do not run if anyone is looking in your direction. If they suspect something and you're in a good camo spot (i.e. shrubs) just go prone and press the stealth mode button for maximum stealth--in decent cover with camo you'll be functionally invisible, unless they actually bump into you.

Keep in mind that the guards' AI is very good, though this also works against them. They will have a good idea of where they saw you or heard something, which they will fastidiously investigate. But they only investigate that spot and it's immediate surroundings visually, which means any cover out of view from that spot will save you from any kind of detection, provided you can get there without being seen. Making noises intentionally is a good way to divert attention away from where you need to go, or to open up a holdup attempt.

The one thing to watch out for at night is snipers. They have no difficulty spotting you from hundreds of meters away, and they're usually hard to detect until they've already seen you. Worst of all, they're always in great vantage points that are difficult to reach. Silently sniping them is a rather safe option, as they're usually too isolated to be seen later on. If you cannot kill them, then always go prone while moving in their FOV, because otherwise they'll spot you easily; crouching, normal walking, running, or being in light will result in near-instant detections.

Distractions, though risky, can pay off in big ways provided you remain hidden. Destroying or disabling comm relays or generators will prompt confusion amongst the soldiers, which can open up areas that are heavily guarded. Keep in mind that once they discover a destoryed object, the soldier in question will prompt an alert unless knocked out of play. Turning off generators is a good, alert-free way of prompting confusion; likewise, knocking out communications is a good thing to do before engaging the bases, as it will prevent reinforcements.

Keep in mind that soldiers notice when something is wrong. Fultoning equipment, destroying stuff, or killing soldiers can all result in their suspicion if they notice it's wrong. So don't let them, by either removing soldiers that have a chance of finding the object in question, or hiding the bodies you've made.

These are just some of the stealth tips available. There's a whole lot more out there, which is a huge part of why MGSV is so fun to play.

Good luck, Boss.

Thanks.

I really am enjoying the shit out of the game, even if I feel like I haven't absorbed it all yet and my stealth game could use work. This week I've consistently stayed up an hour later than I intended to, simply because I cannot make myself stop playing the game.

Sifl

so chapter 2 has a lot of inconsistent story stuff.

Regarding Huey:

Why the fuck is he still around...I just had a recording where he was locked up after the parasite mutation, yet you go back to motherbase and he's just chilling in his Battle Gear hanger. Totally immersion killing.

Feels like they got sloppy with Chapter 2. I would have almost been fine if it was season pass DLC or something if they just took the time to flesh it out more.
Its worse then it being sloppy, there's literally no reason for there to be a chapter 2.

Am I supposed to just let the
quarantine thing play out? Only thing I found was that everyone with symptoms spoke Kikongo. So I moved over a guy that doesn't speak it and a guy that does to quarantine
. Dunno what else to do.

Quarantine everyone that speaks that same language, and push main story mission as fast as you can.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I feel like I am the only one who goes into towns at anytime during the day, I actually really like going in during the day. Hell I have been playing for 16 hours and have not used the Phantom Cigar yet.

TheTurboFD

Man how the hell am I missing so many cutscenes? I'm on mission 43 and I seen on youtube that I apparently missed a scene with

Eli fighting ocelot and a diamond dog soldier.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I feel like I am the only one who goes into towns at anytime during the day, I actually really like going in during the day. Hell I have been playing for 16 hours and have not used the Phantom Cigar yet.

I love going in during the day as well. I usually just choose "ASAP" and roll with the situation.

Sifl

Man how the hell am I missing so many cutscenes? I'm on mission 43 and I seen on youtube that I apparently missed a scene with

I think that happens in Chapter 1. If you don't go back to the base often there's a bunch of cutscenes you will never see.

I saw a scene in a few trailers where
a bunch of Diamond Dog soldiers were all fighting each other, and one pulls out a knife while Snake confronts him
. I already beat the game, but didn't see it in my playthrough. I wonder how to get that.

PHOTOSHOP

What do i do now? just finished mission 46 (truth).
Seems like it just ended...good ending. now sure how story continues with that plot twist. Also im missing mission 45
i see no new important missions

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there any way to tell which camo to use? I usually just guess. Sometimes when I don't know I just go with my cheetah pants and no shirt.

Not that I have found, if I am in lower Afghanistan I just use the Desert with Scarf.

You can also just call in a new supply drop with camo.

What do i do now? just finished mission 46 (truth).
Seems like it just ended...good ending. now sure how story continues with that plot twist. Also im missing mission 45
i see no new important missions

Mission 45 is unlocked by
1. Raising Quiet's bond to 100%;
2. Not using the butterfly in your emblem.
3. Finish mission 43.

You will receive an important side-op then triggers it.

Warning: you will lose Quiet permanently once you trigger that side-op and there is no turning back.

Reebot

I saw a scene in a few trailers where
a bunch of Diamond Dog soldiers were all fighting each other, and one pulls out a knife while Snake confronts him
. I already beat the game, but didn't see it in my playthrough. I wonder how to get that.

Visit mother base with GMP in the red.

FStop7

Banned
wMolrV6.jpg

"THEY PLAYED US LIKE... ME!"

leng jai

How are you supposed to do mission 16 without fulton extraction?
I try and drive out of the hot zone but the skull guys just teleport to me and blow the truck up.

Soulflarz

Banned
What the hell post mission 44,
Why is Kaz the judge and why is Snake quiet here too HES THE BOSS YOU CALLED HIM BACK TO DO SOMETHING THE HELL

edit: does this game retcon the whole mgs2 plotline of
what otacon did with his mom- or was that a stepmom? I forget.
(don't click if you aren't here or if you think too much youll get why im asking)

edit edit: nvm it doesnt cause yeah it was

Question about a Side Ops I just completed (contains GZ spoilers).

If I didn't complete the
rescue Hideo mission in GZ
, would I be able to do the Side-Op where
I have to rescue Hideo surrounding by a bunch of soldiers
?

PHOTOSHOP

Mission 45 is unlocked by
1. Raising Quiet's bond to 100%;
2. Not using the butterfly in your emblem.
3. Finish mission 43.

You will receive an important side-op then triggers it.

Warning: you will lose Quiet permanently once you trigger that side-op and there is no turning back.

Thanks
Any tips on how to bond with
Quiet
more? I been playing with D-Dog this whole time

Soulflarz

Banned
Question about a Side Ops I just completed (contains GZ spoilers).

If I didn't complete the
rescue Hideo mission in GZ
, would I be able to do the Side-Op where
I have to rescue Hideo surrounding by a bunch of soldiers
?

Probably considering that side op is how you unlock him normally i assume, vs him being unlocked on the spot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow @ Mission 43.
Hopefully in the next two last story missions they'll explain that new variant and Eli/Liquid(?)'s origins/etc.

Top Bottom