• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

On Episode 16,
How did you guys defeat the Parasites? I've been stuck on it for a hour.
???

Smoke grenades and lots, and lots of ammo clips that I threw around to distract them. Crawl EVERYWHERE, and I eventually got close enough with an opening to fulton the truck and crawl out of there. Pretty exciting.

sueil

I finished s ranking every single mission in the game tonight and now I can use over powered items all I want and never have to care. Thank you Jesus.

Are medium durability suppressors much better than low durability ones? After 30-something hours, I'm finally on the verge of being able to build my first gun with a medium suppressor (rank 4 of the default assault rifle), and I'm going to customise that sucker onto everything I've got.

Soulflarz

Banned
zzz s ranked 50
I'm not even unlocking the S rank everything reward even if I S ranked all 31+s repeat missions, I just don't care about redoing old stuff.

Hasney

Haven't played MGSV in two days because its ruining my life

Kept doing side missions next thing i knew it was 6am

After the groggiest morning routine of my life, i got to work late

i started dozing off in the afternoon at work

I couldnt get anything done

F*** MGSV
Getting back on tonight

This has been me all week. I need to get the platinum this weekend so I can sleep again

Griss

Finally - finally! after two evenings! - beat mission 33.

How I did it:
The trick was to go and raid the other outposts for weapons first before taking on the impossibly well guarded target outpost. Going in there with no weapons at all is a nightmare, those guards have no ammo, and there's only two rocket launchers when you need 3.

I think I'm approaching the very end now. About 48% completion.

Hasney

Or just use your default level 0 equipment and helicopters since that eats into your shit on deployment.

Which is goddamn stupid for small benefits. :|

Nah,.I only.use the best stuff. The game just throws ways to make.money at you, like I have 4 types of plant I could sell to Max out GMP and precious metal would Max out GMP several times over. 40k on deployment is nothing.

That's it. I'm going to beat this fucking game tonight. I'm on mission
41, so I don't think I have too much more to do. I've done all of the yellow Side Ops, listened to all of the yellow cassettes, and I don't have a butterfly emblem on my thing. So I should be good to go for the True Ending.

Or just use your default level 0 equipment and helicopters since that eats into your shit on deployment.

Which is goddamn stupid for small benefits. :|

Never. I don't take extra items but I'm not going to compromise my main weapons over some piddly GMP savings when the game throws so much money at you.

JimPanzer

That's it. I'm going to beat this fucking game tonight. I'm on mission
41, so I don't think I have too much more to do. I've done all of the yellow Side Ops, listened to all of the yellow cassettes, and I don't have a butterfly emblem on my thing. So I should be good to go for the True Ending.

I'm at this point too, but I still haven't gotten the
butterfly emblem
, altough I have maxed
quiets bond
. What am I doing wrong?

That rain scene boy... woooooweeeee

be7b4fb8adbd24a3a06e56b578efe523.630x358x1.jpg

Had me locking my door to make sure nobody walked in ya feel me?

Squishy3

Alright, so now that I've slept on it, here's my thoughts about mission 30.

So the real issue isn't that Big Boss is silent for the monologue, the monologue isn't that long. It's the fucking 4 and a half minute sequence where Sins of the Father plays and Big Boss and Skull Face just stare at each other until the song ends. It would've been much better suited to start playing when you actually got inside OKB Zero (since that's a lengthy stealth sequence and the song probably could have finished playing by the time you reached the helipad) much like how Heaven's Divide started playing in Peace Walker when you were in the Missile Base at the end.

beat chapter 1. pretty cool cutscenes by the end but the chapter 2 trailer had some much more interesting looking stuff. pretty underwhelming plot and characters for the chunk of the game tbh but I had a lot of fun with the missions at least.

have a question about chapter 2 though
how do I unlock the rest of the story and how much is left to get to the end credits? I'm not interested in replaying the missions with different difficulties and modes. Can I just do sideops and it will unlock the scenes and tapes?

So the real issue isn't that Big Boss is silent for the monologue, the monologue isn't that long. It's the fucking 4 and a half minute sequence where Sins of the Father plays and Big Boss and Skull Face just stare at each other until the song ends. It would've been much better suited to start playing when you actually got inside OKB Zero (since that's a lengthy stealth sequence and the song probably could have finished playing by the time you reached the helipad) much like how Heaven's Divide started playing in Peace Walker when you were in the Missile Base at the end.

forreal. that was unusually garbage editing from kojima. i imagine how baller it would have been if they played that song while I went in guns blazing towards the helipad...:(

I've been calling the "pick-up" option every time I wanted to get back to the helicopter for 30 hours. Didn't realize till today that I can just hit pause and select "Return to ACC". smh

LeonSPBR

Is there a point where my tranq pistol will have a suppressor that does not run out after 14 shots?

If you make them yeah. There is a submachine gun that has level 2 supressor upgrade that the pistol can use, and the final level of the tranq weapon that has infinite supressor.

Magician

Neo Member

Listening to We are the Kids in America made the sneaking
in the fort more funny than what it should be. However, I don't feel that it was that long of a sneak session, the patrols are mostly obvious.

Squishy3

Listening to We are the Kids in America made the sneaking
in the fort more funny than what it should be. However, I don't feel that it was that long of a sneak session, the patrols are mostly obvious.
Mission 30 talk
I mean, I guess it isn't that long if you think purely about the distance between the entrance and the helipad, but if you mess up and put them on alert (not that they see you and you're in combat status, but the patrols switch up as a result) then it can definitely be longer. In my case there were like 6 guys all in front of the place where you climb the stairs to the helipad that I had to figure out how to lure away from there without sending the place into full alert.

KarmaCow

Should I do many side-ops during Chapter 1? Or should I wait and do them during Chapter 2 to unlock the ending?

Do whatever, there specific story related side ops in between story missions. You don't need to grind them out to progress, it's just a weird decision to offload the missions as side ops. They're not even that far off from other missions in terms of presentation either, just a little half-baked.

Qblivion

I am so confused about the last few mission and how I get them and how I make sure I don't do anything that can't be undone.

I just finished 43 (that was fucked yo) and I have 44 and 47 available. Which one is the final story mission? How do I unlock it? Which mission is the one where quiet leaves? how do I unlock that? If I unlock it can I just ignore it or will it force me into it somehow?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Once you hit a checkpoint save, you can just esc/back/options->Return to ACC to skip the wait time on both the heli arriving and flying out.

Yup, and Checkpoints are pretty easy to notice because they are usually after your fulton extractions reach MB.

RobotsAnger
Youve made us all facepalm with you
Goddammit

Using it now
Makes wiping up side ops in a single riegon so much faster
You dont even need a vehicle or dhorse now as u keep going to chopper to redeploy right next to the next objective

Ambitious

Holy fuck, would you kindly let me just start the fucking game instead of showing me ten different messages about shit I don't care about?

Top Bottom