• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

SRTtoZ

I seem to have an issue, or I just have no idea why this happens. I have bought Quiet a grade 4 lethal rifle and a grade 5 non-lethal rifle.
The thing is I can't seem to equip her with either of them for some reason. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

When you are at her equip screen pick a gun and then press left or right on the dpad to select which ever one you want. Remember they are upgrades so they don't show up as separate guns.

Has anyone seen stuck white pixels while playing? I've had them show up a few times/places but haven't found out anything about them while googling.

deim0s

I seem to have an issue, or I just have no idea why this happens. I have bought Quiet a grade 4 lethal rifle and a grade 5 non-lethal rifle.
The thing is I can't seem to equip her with either of them for some reason. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

It might be worth saying that my bond level with her is 100.

On the equip screen before starting a mission, check your/her gear. Press left or right to select the gear level (stars).

As far as I know there are only 2 doors you can go in at motherbase.

Med Bay and R&D lab

But those doors stay with a red light and closed until you "trigger" them.

There are several other doors that have those red lights. Maybe there are more things we need to discover inside mother base?

Glass

Quiet late game spoilers
So I just beat her on extreme and get the sniper wolf costume unlocked for her, then she leaves the base and I wont be able to use her again? Umm, k?

Quiet late game spoilers
So I just beat her on extreme and get the sniper wolf costume unlocked for her, then she leaves the base and I wont be able to use her again? Umm, k?

Should've used
the butterfly emblem, that stops her from leaving, so you can at least try out the costume

Vaga

The lag with starting the game and opening the idroid is beginning to really annoy me :/ is this slow for everyone else?

Whichever idiot decided to link every idroid menu to some sort of online interaction should quit the industry.

TitusTroy

are Side-Ops missions you've completed (checkmark next to them) supposed to constantly pop back up again for you to do again or is this a bug?

Glass

Should've used
the butterfly emblem, that stops her from leaving, so you can at least try out the costume

The timing of it is bizarre regardless. The only way to avoid losing her right after spending a bunch of GMP on the costume is to artificially delay the storyline. Kind of fits in with the rest of the storyline weirdness and pacing issues.

Well, the only one I've done is Quiet and that is way better than Crying Wolf. Hell, it's better than the Sniper Wolf battle by a wide margin.

It's the only good boss fight in the game. Also, it's the only real boss fight in the game that feels like a Metal Gear boss fight. All the others are brain-dead easy with only one way to beat them: you shoot your most powerful weapon until their health is depleted.

People saying that this game's boss fights are better than MGS4's are lunatics.

Only thing that's depressing is
the lack of boss fights, because the ones that are there are pretty damn good.
Honestly besides some of the bosses in like MGS1 and 3, and the final boss fights in 2 and 4, the boss fights in this series are generally pretty bad.

anyone know what happens if you dont shower? The game says you feel refreshed when you do.

You get stinky and a funny cutscene with Ocelot. But gameplay ramifications, you smell and the guards can smell you apparently. Also, I think showering temporarily increases passive abilities like the timer on your reflex mode and your aiming, though I'm not 100% sure.

SRTtoZ

But those doors stay with a red light and closed until you "trigger" them.

There are several other doors that have those red lights. Maybe there are more things we need to discover inside mother base?

I think I read that the other doors with red lights are used for FOB mission extractions or something like that.

Mission 16 is the worst fucking mission in this game so far and I hate it. Fuck the fucking truck, fuck the fucking Skull Unit, fuck everything, it's the opposite of fun.

I used the
stealth camo stuff, crawled up to the truck, fultoned it, and crawled away lol. It was the only mission ive used it on so far.

anyone know what happens if you dont shower? The game says you feel refreshed when you do.

Besides the
cutscene
, showering keeps your HP points high when in the field among other things.

Don't shower, don't change clothes and avoid the rain to find out!

Or read this...
It gives you a cut scene where you return to motherbase stinking and you get splashed with a bucket of water, or if you're with Quiet then you take a shower with her.

Just completed mission 37 and I feel like I've totally missed something:

Who the hell is Ralph? Was he one of the kids? Kaz just told me that some of them have gone missing and it might be because of Ralph's death but I can't for the life of me figure out who Ralph was.

I think I have an idea: wasn't one of the kids crushed by something on Mother Base. That something totally not being Eli's doing.

Was that Ralph?

wiibomb

So.. I just started the game yesterday and I was doing a side op to extract a person, but when I made the extraction I forgot the sandstorm and it failed, what now? Do I have to redo it?

Recall

Just got the game, brand new for ps4. Put in the DLC code and kept saying it has been used. What the hell is it for and is it worth me kicking up a fuss? Cheers

Foffy

Banned
Some of the Outer Ops seem really hard. I'm getting S rank ones where I am constantly failing. What can I do to raise my odds if winning? My odds are at best in the 50% range.

Is it like PW in that the gear you unlock affects their effectiveness in these ops?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's the only good boss fight in the game. Also, it's the only real boss fight in the game that feels like a Metal Gear boss fight. All the others are brain-dead easy with only one way to beat them: you shoot your most powerful weapon until their health is depleted.

I haven't got further than Episode 18, so I wouldn't know.

Edit: I guess
Hellbound
counts as a boss battle? I thought that was cool. Total "oh shiiiiii" moment.

Sifl

Some of the Outer Ops seem really hard. I'm getting S rank ones where I am constantly failing. What can I do to raise my odds if winning? My odds are at best in the 50% range.

Is it like PW in that the gear you unlock affects their effectiveness in these ops?
I never got anything to improve my chances. Some of them I had sub 50%. Some of the final ones give you A LOT of resources, so I think they are purposely lower odds.

Chariot

Just completed mission 37 and I feel like I've totally missed something:

Who the hell is Ralph? Was he one of the kids? Kaz just told me that some of them have gone missing and it might be because of Ralph's death but I can't for the life of me figure out who Ralph was.

I think I have an idea: wasn't one of the kids crushed by something on Mother Base. That something totally not being Eli's doing.

Was that Ralph?
Yes

Top Bottom