• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Just beat the game fully. Fantastic title and one-upped Bloodborne as my GOTY so far. As close to a 10/10 as it gets for me this year.

My only complaints were minor gameplay related quibbles. Things like sliding down hills while you're trying to go up them. But otherwise, it was an extreme joy to play throughout, given the sheer freedom I had.

Now to go back and try to perfect all the missions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I used the
stealth camo stuff,.

That knocks you to an A automatically. There's no need to do that anyway.

Research the Electro-Magnet Mines if you have it, lay one to the SOUTH entrance of the airport.

When one of the vehicles goes over it, fulton the target quickly.

Fulton extract (with the +Cargo 2 fulton research) via a container north of the people in the airport.

Easy S.

Sifl

Can anyone give me some tips to S rank mission 38. It takes me like 3-4 minutes with perfect stealth or 1-2 minutes with (buddy spoilers)
Quiet
killing everyone while also not getting detected and I can only get an A rank. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong.

oceanskie

Banned
Just saw this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...sv_spoilersa_certain_model_found_in_the_game/

Original source: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1443449&page=10

Looks like most of Ch 2 and the entirety of Ch 3 (knowing Kojima, probably the epilogue too) were cut.

c70.jpg

Gameplay question but Ill spoiler just in case.

At any point do 2 groups fight each other in this game? Like act 1 and 2 of MGS4?

Seems like something that should happen and would probably be super fun to stealth though.

Sifl

Just saw this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...sv_spoilersa_certain_model_found_in_the_game/

Original source: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1443449&page=10

Looks like most of Ch 2 and the entirety of Ch 3 (knowing Kojima, probably the epilogue too) were cut.

c70.jpg
I honestly wouldn't believe anything I read on there if I was you. Look at the MGS V/Silent Hills nonsense from yesterday. In case you haven't realized, we are all lunatics with broad imaginations who like to think up crazy shit.

synce

I honestly wouldn't believe anything I read on there if I was you. Look at the MGS V/Silent Hills nonsense from yesterday. In case you haven't realized, we are all lunatics with broad imaginations who like to think up crazy shit.

It's files datamined from teh game...

Supposed they found
Medic's
face? Where is it? Can't see it

oceanskie

Banned

The original source datamined the game files. They found a title screen for Ch 3 'Peace' along with model skins for 'The Boss' identified through the chest scar.

Carbonox

Surely Konami wouldn't let all that important cut stuff go to waste would they? I know they're hiring for the next Metal Gear but in the meantime I'd expect the cut content to make its way in to DLC expansions IMO. Unless they really don't give a flying fuck and are ready to move on from MGS5's strenuous development entirely and be done with it. Or that content gets added to the next Metal Gear. Though we have absolutely no idea what their intentions are so....

No way. I'd like you to tell me why because I cannot understand why anyone would think that.

Wait, what are you asking me? Those two bosses were quite intense and the last one, while being incredibly tough for me at least, was so epic and awesome. I enjoyed more than any boss fight in MGS4, but like I said, as a whole MGS4 had more boss fights and more variety

Surely Konami wouldn't let all that important cut stuff go to waste would they? I know they're hiring for the next Metal Gear but in the meantime I'd expect the cut content to make its way in to DLC expansions IMO. Unless they really don't give a flying fuck and are ready to move on from MGS5's strenuous development entirely and be done with it. Or that content gets added to the next Metal Gear. Though we have absolutely no idea what their intentions are so....

Konami suck. Don't get your hopes up.

Man, this is a good fucking game. I rarely get into single player games like this and I honestly hated Ground Zeroes but this is so much more. It feels like almost all the things you do have a purpose. I love being able to send teams on missions and the whole air command thing and moving between locations works quite well. Buddies are awesome and I like the balance between being able to go stealth or loud. I could go on. Very impressed.

Hasney

Multiple sources have confirmed that those files are in the game. Both The Boss model and the Chapter 3 splash.

Sifl

Multiple sources have confirmed that those files are in the game. Both The Boss model and the Chapter 3 splash.
If it's real then it's real. My comment was more about some of the ridiculous theories that I've been reading on there the past few days. Though people in the comments have come up with some pretty plausible reasons for The Boss's texture, like it possibly being MGO related.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that's real. It's within the data files of the game. Unpack your PC files and see for yourself?

If it's real then it's real. My comment was more about some of the ridiculous theories that I've been reading on there the past few days. Though people in the comments have come up with some pretty plausible reasons for The Boss's texture, like it possibly being MGO related.

I doubt it. After all you see
Volgin's unburned face
for all of ten seconds in a scene. I'm sure
the Boss AI/Strangelove's body in the AI pod
would be tied into that plotpoint.

After all this is the same game that "retcons"
Paz's death, only to turn it into an hallucination.

Hasney

Oh yeah, I'm not buying into those things. I figured Boss might have just been another hallucination/maybe something they were building for MGO based on Pazs structure. We know shit was cut, just a shame to see confirmation of something as large as a whole chapter.

KHlover

Banned
Driving vehicles in this game is the worst. Every small little pebble stops your 20 ton Rocket Organs dead in its tracks and the jeep controls like an LKW would in other games with better vehicle physics :S

chrixter

Just attached a sleeping gas grenade launcher to my suppressed rapid-fire tranquilizer rifle to go along with my rubber bullet AR w/ smoke grenade launcher attachment. And the grenades explode upon impact unlike throwing grenades.

The non-lethal arsenal in this game, so good. Love the Frankenstein weapon customization.

Just attached a sleeping gas grenade launcher to my suppressed rapid-fire tranquilizer rifle to go along with my rubber bullet AR w/ smoke grenade launcher attachment. And the grenades explode upon impact unlike throwing grenades.

The non-lethal arsenal in this game, so good. Love the Frankenstein weapon customization.

So how do you Fire the underbarrel?

Getting an S rank on mission 12 is amazingly easy once you've unlocked the relevant delivery points. In and out within ten minutes. It feels like cheating, lol.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

e9a1a58b_1363228562_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

I don't know how that would've been used, but it just makes me sad. Fucking hell, I knew this was going to happen when the Kojima news hit those months ago.

People into the files explained why that isn't likely saying scars and all are completely separate textures.

That is unless The Boss is an MGO special character which would be damn amazing but don't see happening.

The Brennan sniper rifle destroys them. D-Walkers minigun is useful and you can speed-strafe around them for the win. Otherwise a good heavy machine gun or something explosive will work, but they'll take longer. Some people like to get on the edge of the map where they can't get you and chip away at them. Keep your vehicles and walker the hell away from the red mist. Be sure to extract their bodies for a reward.

D-walker. Or antimaterial rifle (kills them in 2-3 shots).

D-Walker is the real answer. His machineguns DESTROY the skulls. Without him, use a good grenade launcher, I defeated them in tedious combat with a Grom and a lot of supply drops.

Stand on the roof

Thank you all for the help.

Neoweee

e9a1a58b_1363228562_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

I don't know how that would've been used, but it just makes me sad. Fucking hell, I knew this was going to happen when the Kojima news hit those months ago.

We don't know the context for either of those things. Could have just been for an in-game flashback and a post-post-endgame mission splash.

Stuff can get included in game files even it is cut from implementation years before release.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there any way to assign specific vehicles to the combat unit? There's one dispatch mission I've failed three times despite having 95% chance of victory and now that I have
Battle Gear
I want to make sure I send it.

Top Bottom