• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Squishy3

Wouldn't that take longer just cycling through the points until you get the one you want?
the d-pad menu on the minimap cycles you through the options like helicopter pickup, supply drop, etc. quiet scout and quiet attack are there, and you select the point like normal, you just don't need to go over to buddy support and pick it

For those at the very, very end game,
how do I acquire mission 46? I've done all the important main missions and side ops. I maxed out D-Horse and Quiet; however, I had maxed out DD, but he lost a point in a mission a while back. Do I need to max him out again to get 46?

Can I tell you I literally stood on the roof in the back of the bldg and air support bombed every single tank that came by? Then when the gunship showed up, 2 missles and game over.

I ended up going with this plan and it worked out on the first try. lol

I'm totally okay with that outcome.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Damn you final story missions. I will
unlock you without doing repeats
. This I swear

So fuck mission 16. Especially that second part, though I was able to
lure the Skulls away, fulton the truck, and then run to the other armored transport and book it out of there. Whew.
Glad I still came away with a B.

D-Walker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything. Skulls aint shit when you got a 50cal gatling gun endlessly spraying their chest.

TheTurboFD

the d-pad menu on the minimap cycles you through the options like helicopter pickup, supply drop, etc. quiet scout and quiet attack are there, and you select the point like normal, you just don't need to go over to buddy support and pick it

Ahh ok TIL

Gonna take a break from dispatch missions. Ended up losing an A rank soldier in one of the missions, and he was a damn good solider too. He had received a Medal for his service from previous missions. ;_;7

Completed Missions 9 and 10 and I finally have DD to come with me on missions. Still trying to get the hang of having him kill enemies. The pop up of enemies being spotted by DD can get overwhelming especially in big areas but I think I'll get over it.

Also completed Mission 12, and my God not only was it a clusterfuck when I got to the initial goal, but it was a real pain in the ass. That fucking mission nearly took me two hours >.<

With that out of the way, I finally have Africa unlocked. I'm gonna stick to doing a few more side-ops in Afghanistan before moving to the next area

Just wanted to say that early reports that reflex and marking are a must are false. I've been playing just fine with ZERO hud elements and getting S ranks.

First impression of Quiet is... Not good. DD seems infinitely more useful with basically his wall hack ability. I'll probably level up my bond some more but so far I'm not impressed.

I gave her the non lethal sniper. Combined with the "cover" ability to stun a whole camp very quickly.
But on mission I don't find her very useful, she's not suited for stealth unless you unlock the suppressor for her sniper.

Wait, what just happened?

Quiet spoilers, around mission 33:

We just shared a happy moment playing in the rain upon returning to mother base, and I just did a few missions with her, and now we're back at mother base and we're torturing her. What?

Dead

well not really...yet
Quiet related question

i just beat mission 12 and on the way out of Mother Base I got a cutscene that had quiet appear at the helicopter and offer to come along. Wasn't there supposed to be a scene where she is tortured and interrogated at mother base? Did I miss this?

jediyoshi

First impression of Quiet is... Not good. DD seems infinitely more useful with basically his wall hack ability. I'll probably level up my bond some more but so far I'm not impressed.

Depends on what you're doing. If you need to scout out a location and specifically need to find a prisoner, her ability to just find the dude without needing to go anywhere near the actual zone makes things infinitely quicker. Her scouting vision isn't limited to line of sight either.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Not too far in the game. Finally got DD puppy !!!

dd-snake-a.gif

Superman0

Depends on what you're doing. If you need to scout out a location and specifically need to find a prisoner, her ability to just find the dude without needing to go anywhere near the actual zone makes things infinitely quicker. Her scouting vision isn't limited to line of sight either.

Heck, even for combat, she can solo everyone. If you want stealth, then just equip the suppressor tranq sniper rifle. If you want to kill everyone even the full armor soldier, then equip the brennan 46.

Side ops 144
Where is the man on fire's remains? I've cleared the base of enemies and am just running around everywhere but still can't find him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Quiet with a silenced tranq is hilariously over powered.

Jaevlar

Anyone else experiencing problems while trying to customize the emblem in the ACC?

Scrolling through the words makes my PC drop to 1fps. Running at a smooth 60 otherwise. Running offline.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone else experiencing problems while trying to customize the emblem in the ACC?

Scrolling through the words makes my PC drop to 1fps. Running at a smooth 60 otherwise. Running offline.

Yep I can't add words to my emblem because it drops my frame rate to nothing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So to unlock Mission
you need to do the
repeat missions
?

54-46!

Mission 12:
I really don't care for forced helicopter pickups when I'm trying to stealth my way out of somewhere, if you're going to have a cutscene at least make it possible to drop the heli in a safe location.

KingBroly

Banned
I unlocked
the Combat Unit
so I was able to develop
the Sneaking Suit.
I'm getting GMP much faster now. I still have no idea what the FOB stuff is.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just finished the last two missions.

Mission 45 - Greg Miller said that this game was lacking the "Metal Gear moment". I disagree, I think this mission's ending had it, or at least, damn near close to it. (Though, given the rest of the game, it didn't exactly have much competition)

Mission 46 (Ending) -

4719544930_i_m_ok_with_this__n1296497202304__super_answer_2_xlarge.png

Loam

Just spent an hour or so doing FOB missions and good lord do they give an absurd amount of resources/gmp. You can easily acquire in twenty or so minutes what would take (at least for me) more than double that of meticulously stealthing your way through an "[EXTREME]" ranked mission. I was wondering how on earth anyone was ever going to unlock the higher ranked gear but now it doesn't seem like nearly such a big hurdle. That said I really need to quit using DDog, I am terrible at this game without my wallhack crutch.
How in the world did I miss that lol. Thanks.
Honestly I did the exact same thing. Cleared the whole area and ran around like an idiot for a bit because I expected it to be locked up or something instead of just
sitting there out in the open like it was no big deal.

I just got the game last night, only played a bit. Got up to the first proper mission though I haven't been to the base yet. I dragged a guy away, kicked him in the balls about 15 times then shot him in the gut and I got a +5 hero bonus. Ha! I assume what this does will get explained later.

Rean

Mission 31:
I'm pretty surprised that Huey shoots Skullface like that, (I didn't pull the trigger) and I thought it was a bit odd that he celebrates afterwards. He never really showed how he felt about him in the story that much,

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I made a super easy to use extreme graphics mod.

new_extra_high_settings_cropped_by_aloooo81-d98owgz.gif

Download link: Without FXAA | With FXAA

Install instructions:
Extract this zip to your "MGS_TPP\master" folder.
Run the "Run This - Extra Extra High Settings.bat" file.
Launch the game.

Here is the new settings configuration with the file.

Low settings = Original Extra High
High Settings = Playable extended settings
ExtraHigh Settings = Extreme settings for screenshots

If your PC has everything maxed out and has performance to spare, then you should probably check it out. Keep in mind that ExtraHigh is VERY taxing and you most likely will not hold 60fps with it.

JimPanzer

I made a super easy to use extreme graphics mod.

new_extra_high_settings_cropped_by_aloooo81-d98owgz.gif

Download link: Without FXAA | With FXAA

Install instructions:
Extract this zip to your "MGS_TPP\master" folder.
Run the "Run This - Extra Extra High Settings.bat" file.
Launch the game.

Here is the new settings configuration with the file.

Low settings = Original Extra High
High Settings = Playable extended settings
ExtraHigh Settings = Extreme settings for screenshots

If your PC has everything maxed out and has performance to spare, then you should probably check it out. Keep in mind that ExtraHigh is VERY taxing and you most likely will not hold 60fps with it.

thanks, will try this out later! could you post a daylight comparison?

54-46!

Do you unlock extra difficulty modes at some point? it seems like the game is getting easier because they keep giving you new tools to play with.

Top Bottom