• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Grisby

I'm still only on mission 16. Was going to do a bunch tonight but just ended up running around the second map for 2 hours clearing bases with
Quiet.
So awesome.

My MGS lore is a bit rusty but
Dr. Clark was Para Medic right? So she's the one that created the clones (did they go over that in MGS4? Feel like they did).

Geg

Wow Mission 18's latter part was kind of ridiculous. I don't know how you're supposed to do some of those optional objectives.

Does having those child soldiers on the base affect much, like are they located somewhere?

Tabris

I had a couple questions missed in the flurry of posts over the last couple of days (spoilers for end game):

1) Is there any secret rooms in MB outside of
Paz and Huey
2)
Does Quiet's quest start again after removing Butterfly emblem?
3) How do the transport combat deployments exactly work? For example - Are helmets not available while it's happening or after the mission is completed? How long does it take to take effect again? Does it only affect free roam / side ops, as I've noticed missions don't seem to change.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Nice little touch, if you reload with bullets still inside your gun you will have an extra bullet in the chamber.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
How to accidentally S rank Mission 22:

Sneak far enough into the airport that you are near the guards on D-Walkers. Tranq one near the back of the hangar with the wrecked plane. Laugh your ass off as he loses consciousness directly in front of the commander and CFA official, stopping them in their tracks. Tranq and fulton both, then proceed to get the fuck out.

Funniest nine minutes I've had in a game since GTA V. I didn't even know exactly where the targets were until that happened.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, he saves his life in the prologue, so that probably helped tensions.

Plus Ocelot was really
Adam that Big Boss "Naked Snake" was supposed to meet in MGS3's Virtuous Mission. Eva beat him to the punch/knocked Ocelot out and posed as "Eva" of the two US-that-went-over-to-Russia/Soviet's spies. It comes out that he (along with Eva and the Boss) was actually helping Naked Snake through Operation Snake Eater.

Plus Ocelot at the time held a lot of respect for "John,"
even during their pistol duel he equipped the Revolvers with blanks.

The better question is:
Why is Ocelot with Miller when he was helping create Cypher/Zero's team at the end of Portable Ops
. Now granted, while that's nearly non-canon outside of throw away lines it does beg the question of where his allegiance is.

It seems both Kojima and Rocksteady decided to share notes. Improve gameplay, make the world bigger, have great graphics and decrease the amount of boss fights. I MEAN COME ON! Still my GOTY.

Anyways, is the song "Nuclear" in the game?

also
that
Coming Chapter 2 teaser O_O

Aces&Eights

So, when I am running around the world about every 20 minutes I hear a "bing bing". Kind of like a sonar. What is it? Am I close to a diamond or something? I've stopped and looked around every time I hear it but I never find anything.

EDIT: not seconds, minutes.

music tape question:

where do I find She Blinded Me With Science? Can't find it after hearing it in Quiet's cell

I've had that song since early, early on. It was one of the first two tapes I received.

LeonSPBR

Just saw a sweet moment between Quiet and Big Boss.
Seeing Quiet playing in the water was nice, she rarely smiles except a tiny bit when you're going on mission with her, so that was cool, and seeing Big Boss playing with her shows how much respect and care he has to her. Didn't expect a nice moment between those two. Nice one Kojima.
I'm enjoying how much cutscenes has on chapter 2 and they are also not very long so it helps that you don't feel fatigued seeing them.

Mupod

wandering soldiers are nearly impossible before you get a tranq sniper and a walk in the park afterwards.

AAA 29s cutscene runs at 4fps on a 980?

Same shit happened to me on a 970. The game runs great most of the time but certain dust effects slow it to a crawl. But that cutscene is weird because nothing is even happening to cause the frame drops.

Xyber

Well, just finished it. My main complaint really is that I wanted more story cutscenes throughout the game. 4 had too much and this didn't have enough, I wanted something in the middle.

I'm still only on mission 16. Was going to do a bunch tonight but just ended up running around the second map for 2 hours clearing bases with
Quiet.
So awesome.

My MGS lore is a bit rusty but
Dr. Clark was Para Medic right? So she's the one that created the clones (did they go over that in MGS4? Feel like they did).

Yup. If you listen to the cassettes,
Huey
(character spoiler) talks about it.

KarmaCow

Can I redo Mission 29 to
take out the Skulls again and then fulton them for parasite materials
?

Post game spoilers question
What exactly are the parasite materials used for? I never extracted the Skulls because it the option to do it was always crossed out but I still managed to research the suit.

shiba5

Yo. Fuck Mission 16. I've tried
fultoning out the truck before I get alerted. I've tried using a tank. I've tried going to the airport and stealing it there.
Nothing works for me.

When you trigger the cutscene you should be very close to the truck. You can hop over the fence directly behind the building it's parked in front of. You'll have enough to time to run over, Fulton it and then run to the right and call your horse. Just keep running out the entrance and ignore the skulls

Ferrio

Banned
Did mission 16.
I lead the ghosts away from the truck, since they slowly lumber toward wherever you are even when they aren't alerted. So I let them walk a bit away from the truck, flanked around fultoned the truck and just walked away.

Also this Motherbase soldier I extracted is a creepy mofo.

Post game spoilers question
What exactly are the parasite materials used for? I never extracted the Skulls because it the option to do it was always crossed out but I still managed to research the suit.
You get a parasite suit that allows you use some of the abilities that the Skulls have. The only way to produce those effects is to fulton Skulls to get the parasite.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god the Brennan is the most satisfying to use .50 cal in the history of video games.

If you shoot at a guy in a guard tower 9/10 times the tower collapses from the over penetration!

Top Bottom