• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Toa TAK

Banned
I didn't know they released a new vocal soundtrack alongside the game, but apparently it came out September 2.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/metal-gear-solid-vocal-tracks/id1030633511
cover170x170.jpeg
Happy that they put Calling to the Night on it.

And happy that they finally put something out on iTunes besides the 25th Anniversary album.

I saw a fantastic artwork in the preview of one of Yong Yea's videos (The Codec - Robert Peeler (MGSV Community Manager) Interview: MGSV Questions Answered). Do you know where I can find that one. I asked him on Youtube but no answer

Blastoise

Banned
If I replay a mission and fulton someone rather than kill them, will they be available on my motherbase from then on?

What happens if I kill a target rather then fulton them in a replay, will I know lose them from my roster in motherbase?

I just want to know what happens if I replay missions? What do I get to keep?

Do you unlock extra difficulty modes at some point? it seems like the game is getting easier because they keep giving you new tools to play with.
No new difficulty, but after Mission 30
some missions have a modifier on them: no items, extreme difficulty, etc.

Soulflarz

Banned
cargo container extractions are how I always try to leave mission areas, cheaper and quicker than the chopper + free resources. Press Y again to hold on.

What.

I got so close yet so far. Does it show the actual extraction?

Edit: How do I reach the Heavens Divide song? I can see the tape :/

spats

Bought the game on saturday and played til like 3am. Woke up noon-ish on sunday and went right back to the game. It's awesome.

Hasney

Damn, need to level up my security 15 more levels to get the trophy. might have to go HR simulator on the games ass.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mission
:
fhosdhfoihdfioshUIGUIGDU*ST*WDHWDH)(D@YD*DKASDKJOSDJOBNDFIGBPUWB FUCKING FUCK ASS TANKS *THIS* CLOSE TO DEAD THEN QUIET IS DEAD RRRRAHRAHARJH

Ahem.

This mission is quite awesome, especially the cutscene beforehand.

Has anyone else seen, like, flashing lights low in the sky at night while on Mother Base?

I was driving between platforms and saw what looked kind of like a football stadium light flash off to my left. I saved a video, I'll upload it and put it up later. It scared the shit out of me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So uh help please,

I'm at a total loss here.

I just did mission 43
the laboratory one that ends with the "we'll make diamonds from their ashes"
and I don't have any yellow dots anywhere.

How do I progress?

I've done all available side ops.135/157 with no unchecked ones open right now.
I have no cassettes to listen to.
I've done every story mission except the total stealth / extreme / subsistence ones.

My mother base is has each platform at at least level 3 with 2 at level 4. Though after mission 43
my individual unit levels dropped below 40 again

dc89

So Miller mentioned about a Fulton
that can extract children. Can you develop this?!It would make life a lot easier with some of the missions.

Has anyone else seen, like, flashing lights low in the sky at night while on Mother Base?

I was driving between platforms and saw what looked kind of like a football stadium light flash off to my left. I saved a video, I'll upload it and put it up later. It scared the shit out of me.

I've seen a shadow bug in Africa. Like, a triangular spot that, at certain angles, is just a shadow sitting in front of my screen. It's a bit of a bummer, but I've only seen it in two spots throughout the entire game, and nowhere else.

Or do you mean something that isn't a glitch...

danowat

Banned
I've got a real bi-polar relationship with this game now.

On the one hand, I love what it does right, when it clicks, it's marvelous.

On the other hand, the F2P style timers and grinding bullshit.............

Hasney

I've honestly never noticed the timers being a problem. You're never locked out of progress, so I guess all the side ops and taking over random outposts made me forget about the timers until "Development has completed" and I get stuff.

Tabris

By the way for those that don't want to do the hard missions in episode 2, repeating missions also counts to progressing. Just keep trying to s rank and completing s ranks.

Question for possible ending -
is there an ending outside the mission 46 I'm about to do? Seems sudden. Any pre-requisites for a true ending?

danowat

Banned
I've honestly never noticed the timers being a problem. You're never locked out of progress, so I guess all the side ops and taking over random outposts made me forget about the timers until "Development has completed" and I get stuff.

This is part of my point, Side op and random outposts (and to a lesser extent main missions), are all the same handful of "levels", with the same soldiers, in the same positions, it just feels like one big grind, doing the same things over and over.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Holy damn I'm crying over mission
. That song in the credits after that mission. Damn.

Yeah.
That legit felt like a real MGS kind of character-ending to me, especially because admittedly I grew quite attached to Quiet since I used her a lot, and was the only buddy in the game that actually did shit in cutscenes.

And she didn't even need to say a damn word except for those very few scenes in which she did.

ekim

I'm taking it slow. 17 hours in and just arrived at Mission 12...

That Mecha Boss fight is so not fun... is there any way to cheese trough it? And do I need to get the D-Walker somehow on board to have it later available?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
By the way for those that don't want to do the hard missions in episode 2, repeating missions also counts to progressing. Just keep trying to s rank and completing s ranks.

Question for possible ending -
is there an ending outside the mission 46 I'm about to do? Seems sudden. Any pre-requisites for a true ending?

There's a deleted "final" mission posted on Kotaku consisting of 20 minutes of cut footage you may wanna look into before or after 46. (Sorta Post Mission 43 spoilers)
It closes the Eli/Sahelanthropus arc that's left hanging quite well considering it's all incomplete footage.

ekim

Nope. But I never was at Mother Base at night. Btw: I have yet to experience rain on MB (if there is some). And why the hell are the ways between platforms so long?! Or will there be other platforms later in the game between them? (I just have all platforms on LVL 1)

Tabris

Yeah.
That legit felt like a real MGS kind of character-ending to me, especially because admittedly I grew quite attached to Quiet since I used her a lot, and was the only buddy in the game that actually did shit in cutscenes.

And she didn't even need to say a damn word except for those very few scenes in which she did.

i agree. That and the Paz story both. Add me misty eyed. Powerful.

Carbonox

Just listening to the OST (though trying not to see the track list cos of spoilers) and it's utterly sensational stuff. "V has come to" is phenomenal especially. Some of the best music of the series is in this game.

Top Bottom