• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Holdfing

Hey I have a question and would really appreciate advice. Mission 25 spoilers:

I have quarantined all the people who speak Kikongo. However at a fairly frequent rate it seems like people are dying. Is there any way to stop the Kikongo speakers in quarantine from dying? At this point should I just speed through the story as fast as possible to prevent mass fatalities?

Yes and yes.

Drencrom

Develop grenade launcher fakel
Weapon customization
Use gun that allow underbarrel attachment
Set the grenade launcher

Didn't know that. Oh boy, time to develop more gun

Okay, I've upgraded my fakel so it's rank 2 with underbarrel conversion, but how do you add it to a weapon with an undermount slot?

Can't find "weapon customization" lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Okay, I've upgraded my fakel so it's rank 2 with underbarrel conversion, but how do you add it to a weapon with an undermount slot?

Can't find "weapon customization" lol

Have you finished side ops find the legendary gunsmith? If you already have, you can find the customization in ACC

MAX PAYMENT

Was having difficulty with mission 29 until I realized that I could
climb up on the roof of one of the close buildings. The 4 skull dudes would never come on the roof, but would just circle around it. I downed them pretty easy with RPGs and my sniper rifle. Only thing I had to worry about was that black stone that explodes, but it is pretty easy to get out of the way.

Definitely have to try this tactic.

myco666

climb up on the roof of one of the close buildings. The 4 skull dudes would never come on the roof, but would just circle around it. I downed them pretty easy with RPGs and my sniper rifle. Only thing I had to worry about was that black stone that explodes, but it is pretty easy to get out of the way.

This is pretty good tactic and makes the fight easy. To make it even easier
have Quiet with you to give support fire. Makes them go down super fast.

Just finished the game with true ending so there will be some end game spoilers behind spoilers signs.

Really liked the game but there were some missions that were really bad IMO. For example
Mission 45 is so annoying and ridiculous. I shot the enemy chopper about ten times with the rocket launcher before it blew up. Same with the last two tanks. Seriously why the need to have super strong tanks that you can't kill even with full stock of rockets? The repeating missions on EXTREME difficulty were also pain in the ass since you die most of the time from one hit even with battle suit on and the bosses take way too many hits to take down. Total Stealth and Subsistence missions were fun challenges though.

Story was good but not the best in the series.
Really liked the twist at the end since the game doesn't hint too much about it but enough to make you realize what is happening in the game.

All in all I think the overall package is great even with its shortcomings mostly due to the game playing so good.

Septimius

I'm about to start playing this game, and I just beat Ground Zeroes. I read the back-story there, but I don't feel properly clued in on relevant events before continuing. I've understood that Paz was a part of Peace Walker and such, but I'd like a little bit more then the 'backstory' option on Ground Zeroes. What's a good place to read to get up to speed before starting The Phantom Pain?

Cyborg

Mission 16 How do you defeat the
skulls
that
ambush
you?

Every time they show up I have no Idea how you can defeat them.

Vuze

I'm about to start playing this game, and I just beat Ground Zeroes. I read the back-story there, but I don't feel properly clued in on relevant events before continuing. I've understood that Paz was a part of Peace Walker and such, but I'd like a little bit more then the 'backstory' option on Ground Zeroes. What's a good place to read to get up to speed before starting The Phantom Pain?
http://metalgeartimeline.com/ I'd suggest

skulls
that
ambush
you?

That was tough. I had Quiet very slowly off them all. It's possible to lead them away from the truck and drive it out but they always ended up catching up and wrecking it

SJRB

Gold Member
skulls
that
ambush
you?

Fastest strat is either fulton the truck and get the fuck out with D-Horse as fast as you can, or get in the truck and drive off. Be sure to dodge the Skulls.

Aurongel

For me, they've always either
shot down the Fulton immediately or jumped on top
and blown up the truck in one hit.

It's ridiculous.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
skulls
that
ambush
you?

Make sure it's night time.Very slowly, the Skulls zero in on your position, even if they don't know you're there. Use this to your advantage by giving them time to come towards you, then do a big sneaky loop around them. If you gave them enough time they should all be on the opposite side of the truck. Fulton the truck and get away as quickly and as quietly as possible before it flies off. They're so slow when they don't know where you are that you should have no problem escaping unseen.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lol. Killer Bunny style attack. Sometimes it's really annoying when the buddies try to be super helpful. DD could have killed that guy.

I gave him the stun baton and told him to attack, but those guys have to have some form of interaction with you before they trigger as an actual thing. So that happens xD

Cyborg

Make sure it's night time.Very slowly, the Skulls zero in on your position, even if they don't know you're there. Use this to your advantage by giving them time to come towards you, then do a big sneaky loop around them. If you gave them enough time they should all be on the opposite side of the truck. Fulton the truck and get away as quickly and as quietly as possible before it flies off. They're so slow when they don't know where you are that you should have no problem escaping unseen.

Fulton the truck, take the nearby tank, blow them the fuck up while driving away out of the hotzone

Fastest strat is either fulton the truck and get the fuck out with D-Horse as fast as you can, or get in the truck and drive off. Be sure to dodge the Skulls.

Thanx but I found a much easier way to complete it. But I have difficulty defeating them cause they seem to die very hard (trenq. dont work)

Fliesen

But thats the support units job

i think support unit improves the chance of safely fultoning during bad weather.
medic bay improves the chance of safely fultoning wounded targets.

btw. FUCK mission 16 (?) the one with the truck
filled with 4 Skull soldiers.

also, mobility+ (the one that improves sprint speed) is the best upgrade ever.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Thanx but I found a much easier way to complete it. But I have difficulty defeating them cause they seem to die very hard (trenq. dont work)

Weird I'm on this mission right now. Getting my ass handed to me. How did you do it?

duckroll

Anyone have an idea when and where you acquire Fulton +3?

After you fulton 500 soldiers (not sure if soldiers specifically or if containers/weapons/vehicles/animals count), you get a cert which allows you to develop that. There's another one for fultoning 1000. Lol.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So, what's the optimal GMP farming method? I am currently farming traitor's caravan on extreme and earning about a million each 5 minutes. Wondering if there is a better one

Ranma

try
d-walker + gatling gun
with that one to get an easy s rank.

Anyone know any resource farming methods? Fuel Resources are currently fucking me over and fuck my base development team. I have like 25k in fuel and common metal just fucking sitting there.

Caode

Fuuuuuuuuuck. Final Key Dispatch mission failed yet again.... here goes, fourth time lucky.

Also, is it a known glitch or anything regarding blueprints not appearing? I need one more and it should be in Ditadi Abandoned Village but it isn't showing up at all.

LiK

After you fulton 500 soldiers (not sure if soldiers specifically or if containers/weapons/vehicles/animals count), you get a cert which allows you to develop that. There's another one for fultoning 1000. Lol.

dammit, I wanna expand my base faster but these fucking Fuel Resources take forever to collect, lol

Caode

So how do I end the
Paz storyline? I've found all the 10 wandering MB soldiers

As long as
you've given her all the photos so far; you'll find the final photo on the wall outside her room. That should trigger the end of that storyline then.

How did you guys clear Mission 16? The one where you have to
extract a truck that's being guarded by Skull Soldiers? Tranquilising them seems to be out of the question, and if I just run to the truck and drive off in it, they run after me and destroy it.

I'm trying to kill as few people in my run as possible, so I don't want to have to resort to killing them all, but I'm seeing few other options. Apart from using the "copout" items, such as the thing that makes you near-invisible, and restricts you to an A-rank or below.

Regarding mission 150:

So last night I finally got the courage to take the butterfly emblem off but after logging in today I immediately got cold feet. I still have a few Total Stealth missions I wanted to use Quiet on and goddammit you already took Eli away along with everything else Kojima you can't have Quiet too!!! You lose her after mission 45 right? If I change back now can I save her?

I'm fucked aren't I?

Vik

Banned
extract a truck that's being guarded by Skull Soldiers? Tranquilising them seems to be out of the question, and if I just run to the truck and drive off in it, they run after me and destroy it.

I'm trying to kill as few people in my run as possible, so I don't want to have to resort to killing them all, but I'm seeing few other options. Apart from using the "copout" items, such as the thing that makes you near-invisible, and restricts you to an A-rank or below.

I just threw a bunch of decoys to lure the skulls away from the truck and fulton (but I could've probably drive it away). Didn't kill anyone in that mission.

Ranma

go to the airport, on the long wall on the right iirc there is a a place where you can climb in.
the truck is just around the corner.
approach it and the skulls get out.
run to the truck and fulton it.
then whistle d-horse and run like hell.

Double D

Finally got around to beating mission 12. I originally screwed it up by leaving the mission area and had to restart the whole thing. Anyways I finally got back on my horse (actually brought a dog) and finished it. Now onward to potentially more frustrating missions!

Woffls

Regarding mission 150:

So last night I finally got the courage to take the butterfly emblem off but after logging in today I immediately got cold feet. I still have a few Total Stealth missions I wanted to use Quiet on and goddammit you already took Eli away along with everything else Kojima you can't have Quiet too!!! You lose her after mission 45 right? If I change back now can I save her?

I'm fucked aren't I?
There's a resource container on the north side of the palace main building. It's my understanding that you can Fulton yourself out on it during mission 45 and return to ACC. I assume this leaves mission 45 available for completion later, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom