• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

So, I'm where I need to
quarantine my mother base staffs. I've learned that I need to search for the common language every infected had, and that it's random for each player. The thing is, I found out the language they have all in common is English... and that 3/4 of my staffs speaks english... Do I need to quarantine them all ?! That seems insane and long to do... Did anyone else got English staffs members to quarantine ?

look again. and it's not random for each player.

Evil Beaver

So, I'm where I need to
quarantine my mother base staffs. I've learned that I need to search for the common language every infected had, and that it's random for each player. The thing is, I found out the language they have all in common is English... and that 3/4 of my staffs speaks english... Do I need to quarantine them all ?! That seems insane and long to do... Did anyone else got English staffs members to quarantine ?

Regarding the quarantine; If you really want to know check the spoiler below. I'll tell you because
I couldn't figure it out, ran around on side ops too long, and lost A LOT of staff

it's
Kikongo

Roussow

Something I've been noticing in the post game.

Whenever I'm in the ACC I can audibly here my PS4s fan kick in, but as soon as I start any mission, going anywhere else, the fan silences, really odd -- anyone else noticed this?

Double D

Why do certain side ops missions stay highlighted even though I've completed them? For example, "Extract the highly skilled soldier 01", or whatever it is just stays lit. There's a checkbox next to it and I can keep doing it and keep extracting the soldier.

Greddleok

Why do certain side ops missions stay highlighted even though I've completed them? For example, "Extract the highly skilled soldier 01", or whatever it is just stays lit. There's a checkbox next to it and I can keep doing it and keep extracting the soldier.

You answered your own question...

So, I'm where I need to

When you guys use spoiler tags, you have to at least give some kind of hint what is inside the spoiler.

Otherwise how is anyone to know if it will spoil them or not, depending on what point they are in the game.

Whenever I'm in the ACC I can audibly here my PS4s fan kick in, but as soon as I start any mission, going anywhere else, the fan silences, really odd -- anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, the ACC sends the fans into overdrive.

Maybe they did it on purpose to really make it seem like you're in a helicopter. :p

Roussow

Yeah, the ACC sends the fans into overdrive.

Maybe they did it on purpose to really make it seem like you're in a helicopter. :p

We're getting closer and closer to Kojima's dream of dying in-game and having your disk self destruct.

Makes me real nervous though, I now develop and go through the idroid in free-roam.

Yup same here. Don't know why, but it seems to be normal.

MDSLKTR

I just reached Africa, and there is a weird ass disconnect between real life <>gameplay for me there. Because I am dutch, I can actually understand afrikaans to a certain degree. So I know what the soldiers are saying, yet Ocelot keeps yapping about how we need a translator. Just shut your mouth Ocelot, I can actually understand these guys just fine without a translator :)

I had the same situation but with russian language lol, they actually got legit russians in this unlike the cod series where they just hire whoever is from eastern europe and can speak a couple words

Raxious

Is that the one where you destroy satellite dishes? They should respawn after a few missions.

Or try destroying the radio transmitter in one of the buildings if its the mission where you blow the 3 satellite dishes. Blowing the radio transmitter does the job.

I know that they respawn, however there's a bug that gives you the - rank, no matter how many times u redo the mission. Hell I just did it again, blew everything up and got an S rank in the score screen, however when I return to the mission select screen it'll show - again.

TedMilk

Why can't I upgrade Quiet's rifle beyond the first tranquiliser model? I click on the next one and I just get a beep - no lock on it, just a display of GMP which is like 750 and I have 1430494 or something like that.

I'm sure it's something obvious!

duckroll

Why can't I upgrade Quiet's rifle beyond the first tranquiliser model? I click on the next one and I just get a beep - no lock on it, just a display of GMP which is like 750 and I have 1430494 or something like that.

I'm sure it's something obvious!

When a weapon is selected on the development screen, the requirements will pop up on the bottom left of the screen. It should show you what is needed and what you're lacking. The most obvious things in this case would be R&D level and Bond level.

Roussow

Mission 43 was pretty rough. Felt kinda sick playing it. :/

I think it's the best part of the game, the room where
the soldiers and workers all salute you and just wait for whatever you -- their hero, decides is best -- and it's clinically putting them out of their misery, it's truly tragic.

TedMilk

When a weapon is selected on the development screen, the requirements will pop up on the bottom left of the screen. It should show you what is needed and what you're lacking. The most obvious things in this case would be R&D level and Bond level.

Thanks, I'll check. Bond level is maxed so it can't be that.

Yeah I wish non-lethal options were available sooner for both D-Dog and Quiet. Is it gonna be harder for me to bond up with Quiet when I don't want her killing dudes? Guess I can just take her on some side-ops and let her do her thing.

spats

This has been covered multiple times I'm sure, but I'm really unhappy with the fact that I seem to be
permanently covered in blood.
I've been playing.... dynamically. Usually getting the doberman or octopus callsign in story missions. I'll alternate between shooting dudes in the face with tranqs and bullets, so getting penalized like this feels a bit unfair. If I'd be going full Rambo, I'd be ok with it.

Can I still reverse if by playing nicer?

Also, bonus sketch of Boss and D-Dog!

hWEnX2y.jpg

My game updated and soon after MB was invaded after starting a mission.

Also went into the room in the Medical Platform

What and Why?

Yeah I wish non-lethal options were available sooner for both D-Dog and Quiet. Is it gonna be harder for me to bond up with Quiet when I don't want her killing dudes? Guess I can just take her on some side-ops and let her do her thing.

She's still good at scouting. And I guess you could send her to the other side of the map if you don't want her to start improvising but I haven't tried. I only used DD's kill once, 'keep em busy' works fine.

duckroll

Thanks, I'll check. Bond level is maxed so it can't be that.

Oh. Wait. If you don't see a lock on it and just the GMP. I think you might have already developed it. Equipping Buddies is a really terrible UI thing. What you need to do if you have the current tranq sniper equipped on her, is to change that to something else, then change it back into the tranq sniper, on the equip menu before a mission. This will "refresh" the selection because each class of equipment (Normal, Tranq, Armor Piercing) is only displayed once, and if you have the weaker one equipped, it won't display the higher grade one at all.

Really shitty UI.

IISANDERII

There a lot of glitches in the game? I'm trying to do the extract prisoner 07 at spygmap keep and there's no prisoner there. Took out all the guards and nobody left

TedMilk

Oh. Wait. If you don't see a lock on it and just the GMP. I think you might have already developed it. Equipping Buddies is a really terrible UI thing. What you need to do if you have the current tranq sniper equipped on her, is to change that to something else, then change it back into the tranq sniper, on the equip menu before a mission. This will "refresh" the selection because each class of equipment (Normal, Tranq, Armor Piercing) is only displayed once, and if you have the weaker one equipped, it won't display the higher grade one at all.

Really shitty UI.

Holy shit that could be it! I did wonder if I'd already developed it, so I checked that equip menu and the upgrade wasn't there!

I'll try what you suggested - though from the sounds of things it sounds like it could even be a bug. Nobody would design an interface like that on purpose... right?

duckroll

Holy shit that could be it! I did wonder if I'd already developed it, so I checked that equip menu and the upgrade wasn't there!

I'll try what you suggested - though from the sounds of things it sounds like it could even be a bug. Nobody would design an interface like that on purpose... right?

It's not a bug. The interface is just really bad. Same thing with customization of D-Walker and the Helicopter. Instead of being able to do it in the mission dispatch menu, you have to go to the separate CUSTOMIZE menu only available while on the ACC, and change equipment stuff there. It's really counter-intuitive.

TedMilk

It's not a bug. The interface is just really bad. Same thing with customization of D-Walker and the Helicopter. Instead of being able to do it in the mission dispatch menu, you have to go to the separate CUSTOMIZE menu only available while on the ACC, and change equipment stuff there. It's really counter-intuitive.

Ahh, I'm with you. Goddamn. Stupid menus!

Markoman

...my first post on NEOGAF, so I'll have to write somehing meaningful...äh...hey folks, did someone else realize that Quiet looks like a young version of Jamie Lee Curtis? Someone? No? Ok........but at least certain parts of her body? No? Hmm, I'll try this one on 4chan

BTW: the game is a blast. I get the criticism, but don't care a bit...too good. Playing soldier without getting dirty like in the olden days

Caode

Finally finished and S ranked Episode 4
2. Fuck you, Skulls.
I thought that was the last episode I had to S rank, turns out I still have to S rank the prologue/opening, just an A there.

Asked a few pages back but didn't see a response or if anyone had a similar issue. Has anyone else had trouble with blueprints not spawning/appearing where they're supposed to be? I need one more blueprint, which should be in Ditadi Abandoned Village but it's nowhere to be found either in free-roam or during main missions near there.

muteki

There is something funny about only being able to change your heli while you are inside it in the air.

She's still good at scouting. And I guess you could send her to the other side of the map if you don't want her to start improvising but I haven't tried. I only used DD's kill once, 'keep em busy' works fine.

Yeah, I didn't realize she was a bit too trigger happy if I got into reflex, lost a few good recruits that way. Thankfully I have a tranq gun for her now.

Setsuna

There is something funny about only being able to change your heli while you are inside it in the air.

Yeah, I didn't realize she was a bit too trigger happy if I got into reflex, lost a few good recruits that way. Thankfully I have a tranq gun for her now.

No no whats dumb is that the ACC is not the same helicopter that snake uses to goto the battlefield

So Snake leaves mother base to enter a helicopter then he gets into a completely different helicopter to goto the battlefield

squadr0n

So is the silenced rocket launcher a bug or is it in the game?

Also have to post game questions that arent spoilers.

How do I begin a New Game +? And are there any easter egg weapons this time around like the fulton rocket launcher from Peace Walker or the Tengeshima from MGS4?

Setsuna

So is the silenced rocket launcher a bug or is it in the game?

Also have to post game questions that arent spoilers.

How do I begin a New Game +? And are there any easter egg weapons this time around like the fulton rocket launcher from Peace Walker or the Tengeshima from MGS4?

Silenced. . . .Rocket

Cleve

It's pretty funny trying to wake a guy up to interrogate him after she sleeps the base and she just keeps putting him back to sleep every time you kick him.

"Okay, quiet, please stop covering me. I think I have this one."

Top Bottom