• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Geg

How can I get mission 45 to appear?

I've just
listened to the tape explaining that Huey added the beta rays to cause the radiation, although there isn't anything after that?

I think
once you do a few more missions or side-ops you'll be called back to Mother Base to watch a cutscene and it should unlock after that. I also think you need to max out your bond with Quiet before it shows up

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is there a non-spoiler version of why I should be warned doing it? Do I lose something after?

1.) It auto-leads to Mission 45 which is incredibly frustrating so make sure you're armed to the teeth and ready blow shit up before doing it too.
2.) (vauge spoiler)
Yes, you do. In fact, once it triggers you'll know why.

brau

yup. i was running after them, so there was no time to lay out traps. gonna try shooting next time. was too afraid to alert them.

As long as you are behind them or close enough to the side, shooting them will stop them on their tracks. Giving you enough time to get close enough to fulton without worrying.

You can always lay C4 on the ground or on a truck to blow up in a narrow canyon.

Or, i believe there is an upgrade for a mine that makes vehicles stay stuck in place.

Interfectum

1.) It auto-leads to Mission 45 which is incredibly frustrating so make sure you're armed to the teeth and ready blow shit up before doing it too.
2.) (vauge spoiler)
Yes, you do. In fact, once it triggers you'll know why.

So I should do that side op last?

I'm contemplating just spoiling myself at the moment. The game is long, I'm forty hours in and I just completed chapter 1 and now I'm hearing the game goes on for another 20+ missions or so. Most of which just seem like hard mode versions of missions I've already done. It also doesn't help that there is next to no story at all and so many missions play so similarly.

Does chapter 2 get any better? The preview made it look interesting, but with the way they spaced out the story in chapter 1 it doesn't give me high hopes.

Depending on how many side ops you've done you can probably finish Chapter 2 up relative quickly. Does it get any better though? Well..........
no___

Sande

Sooo... Quiet is not supposed to be humming over the radio all the time, right? Literally the second the previous transmission ended, she started a new one. Over and over and over. It was like she got stuck in some kind of a loop and it happened with several different outposts.

Sooo... Quiet is not supposed to be humming over the radio all the time, right? Literally the second the previous transmission ended, she started a new one. Over and over and over. It was like she got stuck in some kind of a loop and it happened with several different outposts.

She hums when she has a target in her crosshairs.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Doesn't that mean
she has someone in her sights
?

jett

D-Member
Is there a point to completing all of the bonus objectives in a mission? Do you get anything? It seems you get nothing. You should get a little cool item per each mission...

Sande

She always has a target. So it's by design that the game will play the same 5 second audio on loop for as long as you're clearing an outpost? I guess it's DD all the way then.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Guys, I just started the game, got to Mother Base for the first time.
Loving everything about it, but...what's up with all the credits? I mean: ALL THE TIME.
It's like that the whole game? It's kind of annoying.
It's way Kojima found to give it back at Konami?

Loving everything about it, but...what's up with all the credits? I mean: ALL THE TIME.
Each mission is seen as an episode.

Vuze

i love d walker. its a cool mech.

For some reason tho.. when i swap to the non walking mode... with the wheels. it goes super slow. o_O

Still. epic looking. A screen from mine.
Rather offtopic but the motion blur on its legs looks totally out of place, pretty weird I always thought the game had some top notch motion blur for some reason (being all cinematic etc) o:
Have the effect turned off myself so I wouldn't really know.
What is everyone's favorite Snake uniform?
I love the uniforms with scarf, they look really stylish and fitting for the two areas.

JackelZXA

She always has a target. So it's by design that the game will play the same 5 second audio on loop for as long as you're clearing an outpost? I guess it's DD all the way then.

I might be wrong but I think she only hums when she's not scouting or providing cover fire. I think the hum is just "I'm neutral give me orders"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I might be wrong but I think she only hums when she's not scouting or providing cover fire. I think the hum is just "I'm neutral give me orders"

It's usually when she has a target, is what I've noticed, which kinda goes with "neutral". When she's humming and you press L1, you can always tell her to "Fire / Shoot now", if she's not humming, you cannot tell her to "Fire Shoot now". I think you can always tell her to cover you.

brau

Rather offtopic but the motion blur on its legs looks totally out of place, pretty weird I always thought the game had some top notch motion blur for some reason (being all cinematic etc) o:
Have the effect turned off myself so I wouldn't really know.

I love the uniforms with scarf, they look really stylish and fitting for the two areas.

This happens on snake as he runs too. look

5C5C40C36CA6B4E198F51C2EBBB074DB2A6B15E0

27AA228B0B714DEA4CFC56B6087C0623B8B768D0

Setsuna

hero_zpswx4yvk6r.png

There it is :\ to be fair I have put a few hours into the game... and only recently started going lethal.

im at 300k and have an occasional s rank pop up every now and then

go try and infiltrate
okb zero
there is always at least 1 S rank soldier there for me

Grisby

Yep, you can at least skip the ending episode credits.

To be fair, Kojima has always had his name all over these games in the past. I mean, come on, he's an actual guy you can rescue in Ground Zeroes.

Woffls

im at 300k and have an occasional s rank pop up every now and then

go try and infiltrate
okb zero
there is always at least 1 S rank soldier there for me
I get loads of S rank soldiers, which is fine and I don't really need any higher, but I'm curious as to why no higher appears. Might be that there's a cap at S rank, or that I just need 1m before any appear.

The target practice on the R&D platform. Holy shit that mission is a clusterfuck.

Fell off the platform trying it for the tenth time and it brings me back to the command platform. Thought I'd take a helicopter ride right to the mission start, and my god that thing takes the longest route possible. I'm pretty sure it would have been faster walking there, haha.

Woffls

The target practice on the R&D platform. Holy shit that mission is a clusterfuck.

Fell off the platform trying it for the tenth time and it brings me back to the command platform. Thought I'd take a helicopter ride right to the mission start, and my god that thing takes the longest route possible. I'm pretty sure it would have been faster walking there, haha.
I gave up trying to figure that bullshit out for myself and just watched a video guide. I also love how the chopper circles around the platform before it lands. Like, wtf Peq, c'mon.

Top Bottom