• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

how long does it take to process materials? I need to complete my motherbase but this is taking forevvveeeerrr. My base development platform is about to be lvl 4 in 30 minutes if that matters in speeding it up

Caode

Im seeing a bunch of peeps with a lot of Heroism points (well over 100K). Im around 99k. How are they getting so much?

I'm just at 600k after about 160 hours. I played almost the entire game with non-lethal weapons, only resorting to lethal weapons when I was forced to by the game, that racked the points up for me. Non-lethal with S ranks seem to do the job.

hemo memo

She has gotten me killed more than helping me even with the silencers. Mortars and Helicopters target me even when though I haven't been spotted. Do not take her for Mission 30.

I'm doing side ops to raise the bond level for the silence sniper. I will try her in mission
and see. Probably will go back to DD.

sora87

Oooh, okay, so then I have it already I guess.
So the turning point is mission 40? But that is only if I want to keep using her as a buddy and NOT if I want to see her story resolution? So its either resolution or gameplay?

I think you can
take the butterfly emblem off and then do her stuff when you're ready though

Corpsepyre

Banned
Guys, help me here. Can I unlock mission 46 without doing the stealth missions? Been doing the extreme missions, but I don't have it in me anymore. I just want to move on.

Caode

Guys, help me here. Can I unlock mission 46 without doing the stealth missions? Been doing the extreme missions, but I don't have it in me anymore. I just want to move on.

Sure can. Just keep doing Side Ops, listen to every important tape, build your Mother Base etc, I completely ignored all the extreme/total stealth/subsistence missions until after I'd finished the main story.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Sure can. Just keep doing Side Ops, listen to every important tape, build your Mother Base etc, I completely ignored all the extreme/total stealth/subsistence missions until after I'd finished the main story.

Thanks mate. Load off of my chest. Did you manage to get the true ending?

wiibomb

I had Hideo, and just rescued Hideo.. Clone?

Wait... is there another mission or side op for Hideo in this game? That would be awesome

Les enfants terrible?

In fact, are there more of those silly missions/side ops from Ground Zeroes? They are like the icing on the cake for me

Please bear with me in this. I just played mission
and I have a few questions (spoilers obviously):

-
That's the end? Big Boss going on his Triump being a suave motherfucker. And then Ocelot and Kaz having their little conversation. Isn't there something else that I can unlock in terms of history?

Caode

Is the true ending only tied to completing those mission or
the whole Quiet bond butterfly thing
?

I'm not entirely sure. I should've probably mentioned up above there that I had gone ahead and finished the
Quiet story
with Side Op 150 and Episode 45 before unlocking Episode 46 in my playthrough, but I'm nearly certain I've read on here that you can unlock it without doing those, just have to be sure to listen to all the important cassette tapes, build motherbase and all that.

Sifl

-
That's the end? Big Boss going on his Triump being a suave motherfucker. And then Ocelot and Kaz having their little conversation. Isn't there something else that I can unlock in terms of history?
That's it. If you want you can go on YouTube and search: MGS V Mission
51 for something that was intended to be in the game.

deim0s

-

Just the Truth tapes.

Okay, so the cutscene triggers make for super awkward funtimes if you do them in a row. Apparently since I never return to motherbase they just sit there and accrue. So after doing a Chapter 2 mission that sends me back there, I figured I'd see if there were any cutscenes I was waiting on. So, in order I would watch a scene, fly out, come back and watch the next. And it went in this order.

Quiet jumps into Chlorine to save the necklace

Quiet gets naked and dances in the rain

We torture the FUCK out of Quiet

Like, it was just such a whiplash.
"Oh man, she's actually really caring and nice and she is one of us and TALK DAMN YOU TALK OR WE'LL FUCKING KILL YOU."
Made all the more awkward when Code Talker reveals what had been hinted at the whole time
that Quiet wasn't talking so she wouldn't infect Boss.

As someone who is a fan of boobies and buttses and looking at them in my video games while also realizing they're problematic and supporting better female representation through my purchasing power, it is incredibly evident that Kojima pretty much ruined what is essentially a very good character in Quiet by making her naked all the time so that almost everyone can't take her seriously or get taken out of scenes by the camera lingering on her tits. Some of the scenes that are actually really quite good are just...impacted so much when the camera titfucks her and you're like "No no, she actually has some very subtle storytelling going on"

Also I'm in Chapter 2 and maybe it'll fucks with me later but the scenes are starting to make this actually feel like a Metal Gear game.

Corpsepyre

Banned
If I finish mission 46, will mission 51 unlock by itself or do I need to do something extra for it again? Why can't we just bloody get an ending without toiling away like this?

MayMay

Banned
If I finish mission 46, will mission 51 unlock by itself or do I need to do something extra for it again? Why can't we just bloody get an ending without toiling away like this?

Mission 51 is not in the game, you'll have to watch it on YT. It was only showed in a video on the CE because it's unfinished and was cut.

justjim89

How in the hell do I do mission 45? This is impossible. I'm at the checkpoint and I can typically fulton the first 4 vehicles that actually get close to the building at that point, but then there are just too many soldiers and the tanks that stay far away and their missiles one shot me, not to mention the damn helicopter. I'm using like a three time upgraded rocket launcher because it's the only one I've put money into, but it takes like 5 or 6 shots seemingly to down a tank. I'm using the sneaking suit over the battle dress because the sneaking suit is on level 4 with fast healing and the battle dress only has the first defense upgrade. I feel like I keep getting right near the end and it's infuriating.

I just wanna say goodbye to Quiet
but the damn game and its poorly designed combat encounters aren't letting me.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Mission 51 is not in the game, you'll have to watch it on YT. It was only showed in a video on the CE because it's unfinished and was cut.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttttt?

So, wait a second. How does one get the false ending? You know, the one without doing the extra stuff that unlocks the true ending?

I'm utterly confused. Is 51 supposed to be the true true ending then?

So, wait a second. How does one get the false ending? You know, the one without doing the extra stuff that unlocks the true ending?

There is no false ending, false ending is people referring to the credits after chapter 1.

I'm not entirely sure. I should've probably mentioned up above there that I had gone ahead and finished the
Quiet story
with Side Op 150 and Episode 45 before unlocking Episode 46 in my playthrough, but I'm nearly certain I've read on here that you can unlock it without doing those, just have to be sure to listen to all the important cassette tapes, build motherbase and all that.

Alright thanks. I guess I'll just do it without
her mission
and then compare with whatever is on the net.

MayMay

Banned

I suppose it's after Mission
(the first time the proper credits roll). Everything afterwards is added bonus that concludes in the Truth mission that is

How in the hell do I do mission 45? This is impossible. I'm at the checkpoint and I can typically fulton the first 4 vehicles that actually get close to the building at that point, but then there are just too many soldiers and the tanks that stay far away and their missiles one shot me, not to mention the damn helicopter. I'm using like a three time upgraded rocket launcher because it's the only one I've put money into, but it takes like 5 or 6 shots seemingly to down a tank. I'm using the sneaking suit over the battle dress because the sneaking suit is on level 4 with fast healing and the battle dress only has the first defense upgrade. I feel like I keep getting right near the end and it's infuriating.

I just wanna say goodbye to Quiet
but the damn game and its poorly designed combat encounters aren't letting me.

You should research the launcher with multiple rockets that can lock on target. The one under killer bee, it makes the mission a lot easier, also rapid grenade launchers and that Zorn or whatever pistol that fires grenades. Also if you don't care about grades, just spam support fire.

Caode

Alright thanks. I guess I'll just do it without
her mission
and then compare with whatever is on the net.

Unless you were asking if doing that mission has an effect on the ending in mission 46... then no, it doesn't. If that's what you were wondering then sorry for the misunderstanding.

SilentRob

There is no false ending.

One can only speculate when Mission 46 was actually supposed to be unlocked because right now t it just suddenly appears without any context or leadup. Along with the
unchanged nature of the mission, inlcuding all tutorial prompts
, it's very obvious they had to quickly shoehorn it into the content they managed to finish before Konami made them put the game out.

As it is, there are
three separate "endings"
that are all part of the same story:
The first after Chapter 1, the second after Mission 46 and the third after Quiet's Mission 45.

Mission 51 is simply another ending that gives closue on one of the storylines that's just getting abandoned in the main game.

It's not like that one Episode would have made sense of the whole rest of the game but it's still obvious that it was an integral part of the story that is now just plain missing, along with many, many other, smaller things.

Unless you were asking if doing that mission has an effect on the ending in mission 46... then no, it doesn't. If that's what you were wondering then sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, I was wondering if
keeping or losing her
had a different outcome on the ending.

Thanks.

malfcn

Wait... is there another mission or side op for Hideo in this game? That would be awesome

Les enfants terrible?

In fact, are there more of those silly missions/side ops from Ground Zeroes? They are like the icing on the cake for me

No. A phantom.

Uhhh...Nano machines!

Weird. I died at the end of the side op, and had no recap, but did complete it. Only one Hideo on base.

So I just unlocked the Medical platform and went into the open door. A big WTF from me.
So basically retconning what happened in Ground Zeroes? If they wanted to keep Paz in the game for MGSV, I don't see why they didn't just let her live in Ground Zeroes to begin with (unless it was just for some shock/drama).

fritzo

Looking at the list in the official guide, it looks like you'll get a lot for just running missions a bunch of times and getting achievements... which is basically what I've been doing. Also been using non-lethal and extracting a lot of soldiers. Despatch missions help a fair amount as well.

Generally I think it's just relative to how many hours you've played. I'm at 850k for uhh... :/ hmm, 230 hours of play.

I just checked the guide and I guess I lost a ton for developing a nuke. -50K hero points! Nowhere in the game did it say I'd lose that much for making a nuke. Kinda pissed. And, even if I dispose of it I only get 1k back. WTF. Apparently Nukes=Bad. Who knew!?

Come someone give me a flat out answer about Quiet? So many conflicting pieces of info:

Can you keep her from leaving and still complete the game? Can you get her back? This guy says you can but I don;t know

You can keep her from leaving by using the butterfly emblem and still finish the game - mission 46, but you won't be able to finish her story arch and do mission 45, if you lose Quiet there is no getting her back

TitusTroy

question about Side-op...

do I get a new scene with Paz after completing every one of the 'Extract wandering mother base soldiers' side-ops?...and is there an ending to her story once I complete all of those side-ops?

You can keep her from leaving by using the butterfly emblem and still finish the game - mission 46, but you won't be able to finish her story arch and do mission 45, if you lose Quiet there is no getting her back

So if I complete the game.

Can I remove the butterfly from my emblem and still keep her, or will it trigger her mission?

Caode

So if I complete the game.

Can I remove the butterfly from my emblem and still keep her, or will it trigger her mission?

Removing it will probably trigger her leaving next time you complete a Side Op or return to mother base, best to do everything you want to do in the game with Quiet still available (S ranks, mission tasks etc) before removing that butterfly from the emblem

anyone have any tips at all for unprocessed materials. It feels like its processed only a few thousand in a couple hours. I have a could hundred thousand that I need processed...this will take days

Top Bottom