• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

KarmaCow

So they are releasing DLC that
no one will be able to use after certain point of the game. Seriously what's the point of charging anything from such a thing.

Pretty sure it's for female staff members that you can play as if you change your character in the deployment menu. I think they're adding the ability to play as your avatar from MGO too.

myco666

Pretty sure it's for female staff members that you can play as if you change your character in the deployment menu. I think they're adding the ability to play as your avatar from MGO too.

Might be the case but they look alot like they would be for Quiet.

Akibared

2015-09-1706_21_01-tg4bozi.png

Day one!

McBryBry

Spoilers for characters in Episode 2 (not mission 2)

I'm a fan of the burning man ending up being Volgin. It was unexpected, yet I'm glad the character got an explanation as to why he was around, and it was nice to see an old face return.

Also, WTF at Strangelove's death. After seeing the picture of her and baby Hal on the AI Pod, I did not see that coming.

sonto340

Spoilers for characters in Episode 2 (not mission 2)

I'm a fan of the burning man ending up being Volgin. It was unexpected, yet I'm glad the character got an explanation as to why he was around, and it was nice to see an old face return.

Also, WTF at Strangelove's death. After seeing the picture of her and baby Hal on the AI Pod, I did not see that coming.
really? I knew it was Volgin as soon as they gave all the wide sweeps of his back with the bullets like Volgin had in the hospital. And when Ocelot saying something about him being stubborn and not dying while running away. They make it kind of obvious b

eso76

i only read the first few words and skipped the rest. but that was enough to spoil it for me. i should've gone to bed. fucking spoilers. i was doing so well at avoiding them. i'll be back after i finish the damn game now.

If you stopped at the first few words then it's not too bad..
The last few lines spoil "The Twist" itself..

Man I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Hatchtag

Banned
Xbox One just booted me off for a 596mb patch.

Did the same to me.

Anyways, I'm only on mission 12 and I'm already using the helicopter for everything because I am fucking terrible at this game. And now, thanks to the huge income flow from deployment missions or whatever they're called, I'm not having much reason not to do this.

Any advice for how to git gud?

Also, when does the buddy
D-Walker
unlock?

Lernaean

Banned
Guys, if you are displeased about the Quiet thing, let them know. I do on Twitter almost daily.
The suits are probably for your playable female characters though.

GeNoMe

Finished the game....Finally, I can get in the MGS V threads without the fear of spoilers.
Hey there guys! :)

By the way....I need that MGS3 sneaking suit in my life!! :O

Arttemis

I really wish Lufwa Valley was 10-15x bigger. The gameplay possibilities of a dense open-world forest like that little segment would have been so incredible. The little bit we got gave me a huge rush of the best parts of MGS3 and Rambo, but it was over immediately.

Extending that dense forest area with a few bases and missions would easily get me to throw $15 at Konami for that DLC.

Also, under barrel shotgun/grenade launcher customizations are fantastic.

Chariot

Big Boss dressing up his female soldiers as The Boss is a bit sick. Then again somebody at Motherbase thought it would be an adequate idea of producing Paz moe posters.

Basketball

I Really Really hate the demon point system in the game

game gives you a crapton of lethal weapons and attachments, tanks etc

and punishes you with permanant blood and that dumb horn even on the

Chariot

I Really Really hate the demon point system in the game

game gives you a crapton of lethal weapons and attachments, tanks etc

and punishes you with permanant blood and that dumb horn even on the
How do you even manage that? I go on occasional rampage and don't have any trouble. Are you gang style executing hostages?

Ratrat

What the fuck. They are releasing the tuxedo as dlc? That's a MGS endgame tradition. Didn't someone say the tuxedo data was already in the game as well? fucking konami.
I will buy them all.

Chariot

What the fuck. They are releasing the tuxedo as dlc? That's a MGS endgame tradition. Didn't someone say the tuxedo data was already in the game as well? fucking konami.
I will buy them all.
Yeah, it could be unfinished, but it looks like the cut something out that Kojima people already made to sell it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

I didn't even know there was a twist, lol. I've had the game since launch and I'm only up to Mission 12! :-/

leehom

Whoever created the objective to extract both of them in a vehicle should be shot. I've tried over 30x and it will not work.

Thank you baby jesus for youtube. Found out all you have to do is drive out of the hot zone with both of them in the jeep. I tried to put them both on a chopper at the same time and you figure that would complete the objective, but it doesn't. Some guide online said you had to do it through the fulton, which is impossible.

Chariot

Whoever created the objective to extract both of them in a vehicle should be shot. I've tried over 30x and it will not work.
Both of what? I think one is wounded and can't be fulton'd. You gotta drive manualy out of he area.
Curious, how many security cameras there are in the game?
The only one (!) I remember was in OKB Zero mission. Have I missed something?
Yes.
Airport.
That's it. Realy feeling the cuts.

schick85

Spoiler tags please. I was beginning to doubt him, but you just had to rub it in.

Backflip

According to my Editor in Chief's sources in Japan, Julien Merceron is on the verge of leaving Konami. He wants to leave because Konami doesn't have any more "ambitious projects" on home consoles for him to work on: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/53481-julien-merceron-quitte-konami-vers-la-fin-des-jeux-aaa-conso

I didn't get to talk to my EIC about it since he's currently in Japan for TGS but he's usually pretty well informed when it comes to stuff happening at Konami.

IIRC missions 6, 12 and 18 are excellent. Maybe a number or two off each.

I'm a hardcore MGS fan and i do think that MGSV has a few classic MGS style levels in there, that match the best of the series. They're quite spread out, though.

Yeah I think the extracting to your helicopter and the trumpt up reason for doing the missions is what makes it hard for me to progress

SomTervo

Yeah I think the extracting to your helicopter and the trumpt up reason for doing the missions is what makes it hard for me to progress

Return to ACC button or grabbing onto containers is your friend.

Not sure what you mean about 'trumped up reasons', but I'd agree that many of the Main Missions should have been relegated to Side Ops.

Mission 43. I don't even know what to say. One of the best things I've seen and played through. Superb feels.

Fucking great mission. Too short is my only complaint.

Someone should count how many times Code Talker says
"Vocal Cords Parasite"
because that shit is ridiculous.

I found 'birds' much funnier and ridiculous, on one of his later tapes.

"It call came down to... birds"

"As they progressed, they adapted to... birds"

And he says it the same every time, almost like it's a copypasta.

PS, his tapes and the
parasite
backstory go so off the rails in later tapes, it's hilarious.

SomTervo

To me, 3>V TPP>1>V GZ>4>2>PW

V TPP should have been best game ever, game of the gen, best MGS if it was actually finished, if it had a conclusion. Because what is there is really amazing, and, from a gameplay point of view is, without a doubt, the best MGS game ever, and one of the best stealth games as of today.

Still, this lack of real ending prevents it from being the best ever, and MGS 3 will still remain my favourite. My favourite game since 2005.

Agree with this, with minor caveats. MGSV's gameplay is fantasy-tier for me, so that pushes it above MGS3. I also have serious beef with MGS4. Wasted so much of my time. For me:

V > 3 > 2 > 1 > GZ > PW > 4

The bird is the word !

Hey Code Talker, have you heard?

Return to ACC button or grabbing onto containers is your friend.

Not sure what you mean about 'trumped up reasons', but I'd agree that many of the Main Missions should have been relegated to Side Ops.

Fucking great mission. Too short is my only complaint.

I found 'birds' much funnier and ridiculous, on one of his later tapes.

"It call came down to... birds"

"As they progressed, they adapted to... birds"

And he says it the same every time, almost like it's a copypasta.

PS, his tapes and the
parasite
backstory go so off the rails in later tapes, it's hilarious.

Yeah I still need to research cargo extract thing. I will spend some time with it at the weekend :)

Top Bottom