• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Well this is pretty awesome.

4580416900607_figure-venom-snake-metal-gear-solid.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Got a question about Ocelot as we know him from MGS2 on...so with the business with Liquid, isn't he being controlled by him permanently? Or does he just surface when it's appropriate? I'm just trying to figure out how much of Ocelot's actions at the end of the story were his own.

Barrett2

I've tried and failed Mission 16 numerous times. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Had no problem with previous missions and this one feels extremely difficult.

Arttemis

Spoiler only because it connects to the quoted post and the quoted post before this one:
How about an MGS3 remake on the FOX engine.

I want this so badly. I was really hoping there'd be some jungle areas in MGS5... and not just one little strip.

Toa TAK

Banned
Spoiler only because it connects to the quoted post and the quoted post before this one:
How about an MGS3 remake on the FOX engine.

Yes please.
That's all I need. Keep the fantastic gameplay of MGSV, and just update everything else. ;_;

Arttemis

Reposting this...

So I just finished mission 49...only one left is 50. It's a bit hard...am I done with the game

The last story mission is #
and
Quiet
's as #
, with most in Chapter 2 being filler repeats.

Evidently, there's a rare 4th hidden ending when you eradicate all FOB nukes??

Stealthing through Mission 13 was quite tense and fun. Got in, grabbed a ton of guards, planted some C4 left and then blew it all up. Blew the scene before anybody knew I was there...got a B rank...sigh.

Dynasty8

The last story mission is #
and
Quiet
's as #
, with most in Chapter 2 being filler repeats.

Evidently, there's a rare 4th hidden ending when you eradicate all FOB nukes??

Wow...so I am done with the game?

Nothing else story related?

Quick

Banned
Stealthing through Mission 13 was quite tense and fun. Got in, grabbed a ton of guards, planted some C4 left and then blew it all up. Blew the scene before anybody knew I was there...got a B rank...sigh.

I got excited about S ranking Episode 11, then I realized that was finding Quiet.
Seemed easy enough. I just dropped supplies on her head.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm at TGS right now, and I just bought the big Play Arts Kai Venom Snake...

Pics to come, after a few meetings.

malfcn

While carrying a prisoner I had a "save failed, quit game" box pop up. Put the prisoner down and it went away.

Shit is back.
Quit game and delete save. :-(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No,
this was revealed to be a skin for Metal Gear Online 3, along with an Eva skin.

Ohhhhhh. Nevermind what I said. The skins from today's announcement went totally over my head and didn't relate both things.

EDIT: BTW, Julien Merceron, the guy who worked as Worldwide Technology Director for Konami quit the company. He worked on FOX Engine. He was also the guy who said that AAA was not the future, rather mobile (that's a very paraphrased summary of his conference). I wonder where he'll go next.

I got excited about S ranking Episode 11, then I realized that was finding Quiet.
Seemed easy enough. I just dropped supplies on her head.
I think firing off my non silenced tranq rifle from a distance to put some people to sleep didn't help at all, plus I took a bit of time, I was seen but never shot at if that makes any kind of sense at all, which considering how I normally play was almost like not being seen at all. Also had to restart cause I shot a
kid
in the face. If I had known there were
child soldiers
there and if I had known killing them would restart the mission I wouldn't have shot at them...I didn't even see what they were...just shot at them.

muteki

Man these kids run ahead like crazy when you don't tell them to, and when it comes time for them to run, the game doesn't let you tell them to run.

Screw it, S ranked it somehow anyway.

anyone with the silver or gold headset to give me some advice? which sound mode is best for mgsv? I have the silver ones, and still figuring out if Far Cry mode suits it or other

Caode

I'm at TGS right now, and I just bought the big Play Arts Kai Venom Snake...

Pics to come, after a few meetings.

In two minds whether to put down an order for that or not, I really want their Solid Snake that came out a few years back but it's not cheap... also just ordered the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife from Advent Children. :)

KarmaCow

The Lingua Franca mission's side objective of listening to all the interrogations is so buggy. Not only does it take forever to wait for the NPCs to walk around the area, the pathing will fuck up on the slightest deviation breaking all the conversation triggers. I swear I've been at the last step about five times only for it to just stall indefinitely. It's incredibly frustrating.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Quoting for the new page.

Grouping is the spread of the shots as you fire rapidly, higher is better.

Auto Aim Assist (if you have this turned on, it is by default) is just that, it keeps the reticule (non-first person) over the target better, higher is better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
242 hours, 173 missions, 924k heroism, 4675 neutalisations. FOB time!

I'm at 81%. I'm starting to expand my F.O.B. base that was free since it's the only thing left besides researching guns and I'm packed to the gills with staff to use.

Though it doesn't seem to expand the security team which is the only fucking thing left I need to get to 50. After that I can dismantle that teams level and let the rest of my departments be jumped by the S-ranks (under direct contract, natch) in it. :|

malfcn

Hell, Malak got killed and I can't find another anesthesiologist. Tried replaying the mission, nada.

Never mind, it put him in sick Bay.

Does anyone know how many yellow deployment missions there are? I need to complete a certain one in order to get a shotgun blueprint but I have no idea how far along I am. They're hitting 2.5 hours per deployment with only a ~50% success rate so they're getting pretty annoying to complete, especially because I'm almost done with the Side-Ops.

Chariot

wait what??? you left without the others????

did the cutscene play?? that's really hilarious
Interestingly enough there was only one boy exiting the helicopter in MB, but in all later cutscenes the others just appear along him. Somehow Eli is riling up kids I never even got there in the first place.

McBryBry

Mission 41 Cassette tape spoilers:

So is Eli actually not Liquid? Or was I right in thinking they were considering him tampering with the sample.

Also, what do I have to do to get post-
missions? I really want to finish this story...

Mission 41 Cassette tape spoilers:

So is Eli actually not Liquid? Or was I right in thinking they were considering him tampering with the sample.

Also, what do I have to do to get post-
missions? I really want to finish this story...

Keep doing side-ops, it should pop up and also you'll find out

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just played a few rounds of MGO at TGS. Lots of fun. Felt like Metal Gear, as expected.

Top Bottom