• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

rtcn63

So what happens to stuff you sell? Can you sell everything or do you need to keep stuff for development?

Keep materials, plants, and vehicles, particularly if you're not doing FOB. Sell pretty much everything else.

Frankly, unless you're doing just Story Missions, GMP shouldn't be an issue past the beginning. I was making frivolous upgrades and still had 1mil+ in the kitty at most times.

KarmaCow

So what happens to stuff you sell? Can you sell everything or do you need to keep stuff for development?

Stuff you sell just becomes GMP, there's nothing beyond that.

Some stuff has development requirements and even deployment requirements. For development, it takes at most 5000 of a certain (non-plant) resources but is usually around 500 or so if at all and for deployment it ranges from 5 to 300. Some of the late game weapons can really chew through your plant supply but normally it isn't a big deal.

For vehicles and walker gears, they're sometimes requirements for combat deployments and you can use it for yourself but usually it's safe to sell. Stationary weapons are just fodder for selling if you don't care about FOB stuff, and even then it's not really useful.

AEREC

So I'm trying to play non-lethal for the most part....but can I use a different Soldier, go on a killing rampage and not have it affect snakes demon points or whatever?

Keep materials, plants, and vehicles, particularly if you're not doing FOB. Sell pretty much everything else.

Frankly, unless you're doing just Story Missions, GMP shouldn't be an issue past the beginning. I was making frivolous upgrades and still had 1mil+ in the kitty at most times.

Stuff you sell just becomes GMP, there's nothing beyond that.

Some stuff has development requirements and even deployment requirements. For development, it takes at most 5000 of a certain (non-plant) resources but is usually around 500 or so if at all and for deployment it ranges from 5 to 300. Some of the late game weapons can really chew through your plant supply but normally it isn't a big deal.

For vehicles and walker gears, they're sometimes requirements for combat deployments and you can use it for yourself but usually it's safe to sell. Stationary weapons are just fodder for selling if you don't care about FOB stuff, and even then it's not really useful.
Thanx. I had one session where i sold all my diamonds and a lot of herbs.. But later i realised i might meed them. It wasn't really clear how it worked.
You can sell plants and vehicles as soon as they exceed a certain limit. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have 25 jeeps for example. Nor do you need 2800 wormwood.
Thanx

You can sell plants and vehicles as soon as they exceed a certain limit. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have 25 jeeps for example. Nor do you need 2800 wormwood.

Thanx. I had one session where i sold all my diamonds and a lot of herbs.. But later i realised i might meed them. It wasn't really clear how it worked.

You mean precious metal? Because diamonds are turned into GMP automatically. In the beginning of MGSV you don't need a lot of PM, but later on it becomes more valuable. Especially if you want to use certain high-tech gadgets you'll need PM.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I got a bunch of scorpions in this location whilst looking for the Leopard Tortoise. Honestly, just look for the Leopard Tortoise instead as you'll get a bunch of scorpions before that bastard shows up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJXmoqxw1s

I'm looking for the one in Afghanistan, so I'm doing mission 24. Setting the traps, finishing the mission. Get in the helicopter and... GERBILS. THOUSANDS OF THEM.

Forkball

Oh my.

9AB43F8C60CF3BF6F437D212EBFA49D239E24884

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I was having a bitch of a time with mission 29. Then I switched to D Walker with Gatling and blew through it with an s rank. 😀

rtcn63

Oh, I didn't gather that many plants or fulton that many vehicles. :D

Also I'm playing MGS4, and my tranq pistol is at like 200+ ammo, I'm not even sure if there's a cap.

I love how missions 1-5 are pretty short and then 6 is super long and way tougher lol

You'll get more short story missions as the game progresses. They're practically side ops, and cane be finished in a few minutes at most.

Staf

What the ****. Just started episode
46 and it's just a copy of the first mission?
Thank god for the skip cutscenes button..

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What the ****. Just started episode
46 and it's just a copy of the first mission?
Thank god for the skip cutscenes button..

You won't want to do that
at least for the first few cutscenes. Once you get up and start walking with Ishmael you can start skipping cutscenes until they escape in the ambulance. Everything before and after the portion you actually play is different and contains important information.

Staf

You won't want to do that
at least for the first few cutscenes. Once you get up and start walking with Ishmael you can start skipping cutscenes until they escape in the ambulance. Everything before and after the portion you actually play is different and contains important information.

Hmm, actually skipped all of that in the beginning since i didn't see anything new.

jett

D-Member
Hmm I think you get a bunch of demon points if you defend a base that has nukes. I did that without noticing and now my Bawse is drenched in non-removable blood and a huge horn in his head.

Staf

You skipped the
very first cutscene after starting the Episode? If you waited just a few seconds you would have seen something new

I saw the nurses boobs which i did in the first episode, lol. I just aborted the mission and give it a try again.

Afrodium

Banned
The extreme variant of Cloaked in Silence is crazy hard. I don't know if I can do it. One hit kills in a fight that is intentionally long of brutal. The supply drop trick doesn't work any more either.

kinda stuck, no more side ops left.

only
sahalan ex. i think that one is mission 50? guess i have to finish that one to unlock more? kinda doubt it. there must be something else.

KarmaCow

The extreme variant of Cloaked in Silence is crazy hard. I don't know if I can do it. One hit kills in a fight that is intentionally long of brutal. The supply drop trick doesn't work any more either.

It does
but you need to distract Quiet by getting her to shoot right before it lands. That said, it's probably easier to just shoot her normally.

If you don't care about rank, calling airstrikes are an easy way to cheese it.

Staf

You skipped the
very first cutscene after starting the Episode? If you waited just a few seconds you would have seen something new

Redid the intro to the mission and saw something i didn't the first time around. Have no idea what the meaning of it though,
the photo of BB and Kaz and someone
. Gonna skip the cutscenes until the
crash
now since to be honest, i really don't care about the story. Never though i would say that about a Metal gear game.

Vuze

TIL: If you run over a supply box with a car, it doesn't break and drop the contents but instead completely vanishes. RIP GMP

Also, episode 20 was slightly creepy.
I liked the moody atmo in the valley though, very nice.
Also the abandoned building was very cool in terms of exterior design, I dunno, kinda liked it with all the splatters and flys or whatever around.
The fight against man on fire glitched out for me though. I failed and restarted from checkpoint. The guy didn't see me and so I was hiding behind an obstacle and called in the chopper.
Even though I was told the boss would shoot it down, I extracted just fine. Man on fire shot a few fire balls but all missed for some reason? Maybe because he was roaming around inside the hall at the beginning of the area.
Anyway, cheesed through the second bossfight now lol (did Quiet with the supply drop method)

PensOwl

Banned

I cheesed it by marking her from behind cover and putting a tree between us. You can see her and shoot through trees, but Quiet has no vision if you're behind a tree. It makes the fight pretty easy.

Alternatively, if you a true big boss you can do this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ8yfRnlCBc

GravyButt

So I just got the FOB mission and actually failed it by accident because I threw a grenade at my feet somehow instead of using my cardboard box, dont ask me how haha.

Anyways im not really interested in the attacking or really building up my fob at all. Is there anything I should know/do to basically have it not exist/ruin my experience? I really don't want to lose all my resources or my guys because im getting attacked and not able to defend. I feel the tutorial doesn't really explain this well. Plus all ive read is the horror story aspects of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Ps: what exactly does it effect for single player?!

sora87

Pft. Chapter 2 Quiet spoilers -
I wish I had the option to come in and stop her torture and slap Ocelot and Kaz around. Don't appreciate my war buddy being treated like that. God I really dislike Kaz.

RSB

Banned
If you make her shoot at you (by briefly going out of cover) when the supply drop is very close (under 10 meters) it will still work.

Panzon

Have no idea how I got an S rank but the fight against Quiet is the best part of the game so far. I think I found an easy strategy to beat her after like 6 checkpoint restarts.

All I gotta say is the trees are your friend

Top Bottom