• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

J.EM1

Episode 22 is much more fun once you have all 4 platforms. Unfortunately I've been replaying it too much and now I'm a demon. haha

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait that actually happens? I thought it was just a mod.

It happens. Try being under alert in
OKB Zero
. If you're going where a prisoner generally is held, they'll spawn like that.

Jarrod38

While checking to see if I got the new dashboard on the Xbox One which I didn't, but I also got an update for the game anyone know what it was for?

So I just got the FOB mission and actually failed it by accident because I threw a grenade at my feet somehow instead of using my cardboard box, dont ask me how haha.

Anyways im not really interested in the attacking or really building up my fob at all. Is there anything I should know/do to basically have it not exist/ruin my experience? I really don't want to lose all my resources or my guys because im getting attacked and not able to defend. I feel the tutorial doesn't really explain this well. Plus all ive read is the horror story aspects of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Ps: what exactly does it effect for single player?!

More FOB = more teams you can send out on combat missions + more staff at bases

If you're worried about your Mother Base, just make sure you stock every dept but security team first, and focus on upgrading motherbase as opposed to FOB (which has base upgrades just like MB). I have 115 guys on my security team but my FOB security level is very low (3?) because I haven't upgraded the platforms. I'm just not worth attacking online. Eventually I will do it just to get some tech I don't have a high enough security level for, though.

I think it's also worth it to apply the lock (L2?) to your most important recruits.

Durden77

So after a long, long time, I'm beginning to come around on Ocelot in this game. I belive this is the only time we're seeing the "real" Ocelot. And he gets some good moments of showing what he's capable of with his torture scenes and tapes among other things. I still fucking hate that his widow's peak is gone and he just looks kind of dumb, and Troy Baker's performance is kind of underwhelming, but he's alright.

Also, I thought the subsistence missions would at least hook me up with a tranq pistol or something but no. Damn.

catspit

Problem.. I have R&D and supp. At 40 and I have
done the legendary hackle side quest.. Yet I have no option to develop the wormhole Fulton
Anyone know ? (Fulton issue)

Chariot

23DA7B90E79B512B971731E6B8A27ED1756CC0CE
My biggest problem at the moment is, that I have too much money to accept even more money. Diamond Dogs is too big too fail now.

Staf

Done. Awful ending, awful story. Masterful gameplay. Will definitely go and play through all the side ops, so damn fun. But unlike the previous MGS i won't be replaying the game.

JUST FINISHED IT. KOJIMAAAAA.

Haha wow :D Shame it was kinda spoiled for me due to a twitter post I saw.

Still, I can finally read the spoiler thread and check youtube for the cut stuff now. I wish you could have slowed the chronology/timeline bit in the credits. Couldn't read it fast enough.

The remote play controls for this game are the worst of all time :(

I have no idea how I managed to get up the options screen finally allowing me to fix the fact it had set INVERT as the default up down setting.

Tapping the front twice did nothing except that sometimes it would bring up the iDroid. Start would also do that. :S

Glass

Redid the intro to the mission and saw something i didn't the first time around. Have no idea what the meaning of it though,
the photo of BB and Kaz and someone
. Gonna skip the cutscenes until the
crash
now since to be honest, i really don't care about the story. Never though i would say that about a Metal gear game.

More end game stuff:
That someone in the photo should be you, from the character creation. Sadly my game bugged and it was just a missing texture, really punctured my ending.

I have been farming soldiers for a long time now. I have started to notice that after some people are let go from the brig, some levels of units randomly drop. Does it start dismissing random people if motherbase gets too full or something? I have no troublemakers, I stopped getting them and dismissed all the ones I have, and nobody is going to medbay.

I have been farming soldiers for a long time now. I have started to notice that after some people are let go from the brig, some levels of units randomly drop. Does it start dismissing random people if motherbase gets too full or something? I have no troublemakers, I stopped getting them and dismissed all the ones I have, and nobody is going to medbay.

Haven't noticed that. It will eventual dismiss bad staff if your waiting room is very full but you always have enough space to fill your platforms and more to spare, it tells you when it does it.
I have over 1300 soldiers atm.

Branson

So at what point should I try to get the
wormhole
Fulton? I'm in chapter 2 now and keep reading about it. How do I get it?

Does heroism affect what soldiers ranks you find out in the field, or only volunteers? Because I want to build a nuke.

If it's just volunteers then I don't care, but I kind of enjoy going from post to post looking for S rank soldiers and don't want to lose that.

KarmaCow

Does heroism affect what soldiers ranks you find out in the field, or only volunteers? Because I want to build a nuke.

If it's just volunteers then I don't care, but I kind of enjoy going from post to post looking for S rank soldiers and don't want to lose that.

Not sure, I started seeing soldiers at S rank at around 200k heroism, but that was also right finishing the last story mission. I'm at over 500k now and not much has changed in terms of what kind of soldiers I'm seeing.

Branson

Not sure, I started seeing soldiers at S rank at around 200k heroism, but that was also right finishing the last story mission. I'm at over 500k now and not much has changed in terms of what kind of soldiers I'm seeing.
How many hours did it take you to get there? I'm at 50 hours and only 70k

If someone successfully invades your FOB, they get staff from the unit of that platform? When I logged in today someone had invaded my FOB and took 10 staff from my R&D unit. It went from level 58 to 56. Luckily I uploaded my save last night so I just downloaded it and disconnected from the internet and had all my staff back.

Chariot

If someone successfully invades your FOB, they get staff from the unit of that platform? When I logged in today someone had invaded my FOB and took 10 staff from my R&D unit. It went from level 58 to 56. Luckily I uploaded my save last night so I just downloaded it and disconnected from the internet and had all my staff back.
10 from the whole pool, excluding direct contracts.

KarmaCow

How many hours did it take you to get there? I'm at 50 hours and only 70k

I played mostly stealthy/non-lethal but even then the heroism bonuses start ramping up significantly. I don't know when I finished the last story mission but the time from 0 to 250k was much shorter than 250k to 500k.

Branson

I played mostly stealthy/non-lethal but even then the heroism bonuses start ramping up significantly. I don't know when I finished the last story mission but the time from 0 to 250k was much shorter than 250k to 500k.
I play that way too and I'm in chapter 2 and only that much. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I just got a new story-related Motherbase platform (post mission
):
Quarantine
. Is there a good way to tell
which soldiers are symptomatic
? I just saw 39 get placed in there.

Chariot

If ya wanna collect heroism look for missions 23 and 25.
Child soldiers are easy to take out and both villages feature a waste amount of children to fulton that give huge bonuses on heroism, like hostages, only that they are many and no other enemy soldiers around that could annoy you.
):
Quarantine
There is a way. Look what all of them got in common.

rtcn63

):
Quarantine

I think you're supposed to check the tapes, I recall something about identifying the symptomatic. I... did not care and lost a lot of people and levels.

KarmaCow

I play that way too and I'm in chapter 2 and only that much. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, that's the progression of the game. Side Ops are now giving 5000 heroism for completing them and I'm pretty the earlier ones weren't giving even close to that much.

Haunted

):
Quarantine
Like the game says, all have one thing in common. Look for that.

Hint 1:
The tapes and what you know about the infection give you fairly direct hints.

Hint 2:
It's a language.

Solution:
It's Kikongo.

Caode

Someone is going to be very angry with me...

..you do kinda feel like a dick taking every ounce of fuel they had on the platform but it's so damn satisfying at the same time when you take out every single guard in sight, fulton every single one of them, and every single container, all without being detected. People really should beef up their security.

Chariot

My R&D unit was 170/170. After the invasion it was 160/170. I don't get it?
They can get 10 random people out of your entire pool, it has nothing to do with the guys you assign to the security team. In fact, they are extra. They can extra the guards and get them, or not and not get them. But separate from them, they get 10 random soldiers from your entire pool that are not locked when they reach the goal. Any soldier. Everything you aquired. Male. Female. Russian. South African. R&D. Intel. Everything you worked for could flal into the hands of the enemy. It doesn not matter who you assign to the security team or how their alert status ist. Make a maximum defense. Give them all the tools they need or your home will burn, your ressoures will be pillaged, your people will stolen like Shinichiro was in True Tears from the true best girl Noe, fuck that semi-incestual Hiromi that basically only got the guy because the show still had episodes left. Noe was robbed, robbed I say! She was the only genuine interesting character in that anime and her relationship with Shinichiro was not only fine, but very heartwarming, but no, they had to ruin it. I men, for what reason? The show had nothing to do with the original anymore. Could've just made a good ending then. It's such a bother, everytime some shit like that happens.
And this is why you should put on a good defense to keep your people and ressources save before they get NTR'd.

TheSeks

...Or just back up your save when you're done playing. Nyoro~n.

Haunted

They can get 10 random people out of your entire pool, it has nothing to do with the guys you assign to the security team. In fact, they are extra. They can extra the guards and get them, or not and not get them. But separate from them, they get 10 random soldiers from your entire pool that are not locked when they reach the goal. Any soldier. Everything you aquired. Male. Female. Russian. South African. R&D. Intel. Everything you worked for could flal into the hands of the enemy. It doesn not matter who you assign to the security team or how their alert status ist. Make a maximum defense. Give them all the tools they need or your home will burn, your ressoures will be pillaged, your people will stolen like Shinichiro was in True Tears from the true best girl Noe, fuck that semi-incestual Hiromi that basically only got the guy because the show still had episodes left. Noe was robbed, robbed I say! She was the only genuine interesting character in that anime and her relationship with Shinichiro was not only fine, but very heartwarming, but no, they had to ruin it. I men, for what reason? The show had nothing to do with the original anymore. Could've just made a good ending then. It's such a bother, everytime some shit like that happens.
And this is why you should put on a good defense to keep your people and ressources save before they get NTR'd.
nDClO.gif

lol. Does the person get to choose any of the staff they steal? I'm still confused. So they were just automatically given 10 staff that all happen to be in R&D?

TheSeks

lol. Does the person get to choose any of the staff they steal? I'm still confused. So they were just automatically given 10 staff that all happen to be in R&D?

No.

If they reach the core of the platform they invade on, they get 10 of the staff from Mother Base. If they fulton extract the defense, that's the security team you assigned.

If they invade your command platform, they get 10 random staff from ANY department.

It sounds like they went for your R&D core.

Chariot

I think this was just bad luck. I always have a lot more people than my divisions can handle, but I think they should get ten people from the whole pool. I could be wrong. My focus was on telling you that you should get the best guards with maximum awareness and all toys and stuff to keep intruders out in the first place so you don't have to worry as much anymore.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, so I just finished building the last platform. My Mother Base is now 100%. And you know what I got?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Yeah, some Heriosm points I don't give a fuck about. No call from Miller, no cool cutscene to show that Mother Base is fully operational. That's 7 times 48,000 units of Fuel goddamnit, it took forever and a half to gather all of that. And for what? The base is still empty, there are still no helicopters or vehicles going around, still no shooting range on the command platform like shown in the E3 2014 trailer, still no Ocelot walking around. There is no activity whatsoever.

So anyway, I went back to the Mother Base gameplay demo they released a month before release to see if I was imagining things.

Notice the formations of helicopters flying around. The UAV drones patrolling. Soldiers driving around. Two soldiers even seem to be jogging around.

This is straight up bullshit and they lied to everyone. Why is no one slamming Konami/Kojima for this? If Ubisoft would've pulled this they would've been destroyed by the media.

I don't know what the hell went wrong with this game in the final stages of development, but good lord something went completely off the rails.

Chariot

Eh, Ubisoft gets shit for keeping fetting in trouble with the same shit. Here we know about the divide between Konami and Kojima. It's different. I slam Kojima for the botcged chsracters, but the is clearly unfinished and was rushed out, so I won't complain about quality of life features

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Notice the formations of helicopters flying around. The UAV drones patrolling. Soldiers driving around. Two soldiers even seem to be jogging around.

This is straight up bullshit and they lied to everyone. Why is no one slamming Konami/Kojima for this? If Ubisoft would've pulled this they would've been destroyed by the media.

I don't know what the hell went wrong with this game in the final stages of development, but good lord something went completely off the rails.

The Phantom Build

I don't think it's much of a surprise that the game wasn't fully 'finished'. Kojima could have spent another year adding stuff if he had the chance.

Top Bottom