• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looking through my mission list I seem to have made an oversight...
I didn't realise they unlocked the missions out of order. I don't have 45 or 46 yet. How will I unlock the final story mission, 46?

Such a confusing game, sometimes.

Do any yellow side ops. Do any yellow missions. When you have exhausted those, do a side op or two. Mission 46 should not take long to open.

Quick question about mission completion,
do I need to finish the challenge/retread missions to continue with the story missions in chapter 2?

Nope, just do the yellow stuff. That includes yellow side ops.

JackelZXA

Do any yellow side ops. Do any yellow missions. When you have exhausted those, do a side op or two. Mission 46 should not take long to open.

Nope, just do the yellow stuff. That includes yellow side ops.

It's also worth doing Wandering MSF Soldiers if you haven't done those yet.

Roni

Booted the game today to find it couldn't read the save file. I had quit normally the night before, no reason I could've antecipated this. It acted as if no save existed. Game went on to overwrite my save and both automatic backups. Thought to myself, I'll just restart the game and it will attempt to read it again from Steam Cloud.

Steam Cloud uploaded the clean save file upon game closure.

Just lost 92 hours: 33 missions complete, 112 side ops cleared and a huge amount of progression due to an absurd amount of GMP and high ranking soldiers I amassed while making casuals runs in both Afghanistan and Africa for the last two weeks.

As if that wasn't enough, I had the main plot twist spoiled by some kid who replied to a 7 month old YouTube commentary.

If it were any other game, I would've rage quit. But I've already reached the second map with 36 side ops cleared in a single day. Second playthrough is showing me how much more amazing this game is beyond how highly I already thought of it. Didn't repeat a single tactic from my previous run.

The collision detection in this game is absolutely phenomenal. I was able to get off this headshot between these two wooden pillars:

In other games that shit would not even register. The only exception I have noticed is that you cannot shoot guards through catwalk holes. But that is a small detail >_>

The scope also doesn't read enemy descriptions through some wire fences lol.

TitusTroy

how do I access the Stealth Camo?...
I completed the Huey exile cut-scene but I don't see the camo anywhere in my Development list or Character Loadout screen

Durden77

The collision detection in this game is absolutely phenomenal. I was able to get off this headshot between these two wooden pillars:

In other games that shit would not even register. The only exception I have noticed is that you cannot shoot guards through catwalk holes. But that is a small detail >_>

Yeah it's pretty fucking great. The only thing I've noticed is on the heavy infantry, you should be able to shoot them in the neck/chin if you're low enough, there's a gap in their armor there, but it doesn't work.

But I love shooting a helmeted soldier standing to the side on his cheek from 100 yards away.

malfcn

Fucking hell. The one ledge Snake doesn't grab onto I die. Sure I thought I might break a leg, but not die. And the checkpoint was the beginning of the mission, after I claimed everything.

McBryBry

Wow, mission 45 is the only mission I've found to be annoying, but it is extremely annoying. These fucking instant kills.

Felt the same way.
I hid behind the building, and between supply drops for more rockets and bombardments, they eventually fell.

Renewed

how do I access the Stealth Camo?...
I completed the Huey exile cut-scene but I don't see the camo anywhere in my Development list or Character Loadout screen

If you mean the final upgrade for Stealth Camo you need 880,000 GMP, a Level 63 R&D team, Emmerichs's Research Notes (key item) and Precious Metal x1,000 (reading off the guide, apologies for not doing it myself as I'm only done with Episode 13).

If you mean the first one, you can get that before Africa at R&D level 22.

How can I farm Common Metals and the fire stuff? I need to build more platforms but I'm not finding enough of these materials.

I know there are containers that house a lot of fuel and common metal (x7500 at the most). So far I've only taken those huge containers from the Afghan Base Camp up near the facilities.

Who else here has ruined their own stealth run by carelessly running out of the hot zone and being spotted by a wandering soldier? I feel like I've screwed myself out of S ranks a couple times by doing this lol

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Mission 2
was impossible for a stealth build, but pretty easy once I decided to just go mental with a machine gun.

I could have done without the whole
quarantine
thing. Having to go through more than 700 Mother Base staff wasn't particularly fun, but at least I was able to guess early on what the issue was so didn't lose too much.

Quiet with Quiet

aynWqvy_700b.jpg

Vex_

Banned
Booted the game today to find it couldn't read the save file. I had quit normally the night before, no reason I could've antecipated this. It acted as if no save existed. Game went on to overwrite my save and both automatic backups. Thought to myself, I'll just restart the game and it will attempt to read it again from Steam Cloud.

Steam Cloud uploaded the clean save file upon game closure.

Just lost 92 hours: 33 missions complete, 112 side ops cleared and a huge amount of progression due to an absurd amount of GMP and high ranking soldiers I amassed while making casuals runs in both Afghanistan and Africa for the last two weeks.

As if that wasn't enough, I had the main plot twist spoiled by some kid who replied to a 7 month old YouTube commentary.

If it were any other game, I would've rage quit. But I've already reached the second map with 36 side ops cleared in a single day. Second playthrough is showing me how much more amazing this game is beyond how highly I already thought of it. Didn't repeat a single tactic from my previous run.

Wow. Does this type of shit happen with PC/steam frequently? I seem to hear nightmare stories like this all the time.

If this happens to me? Holy shit. I'm gonna back up my save locally asap. Fuck that cloud shit.

All objectives finished. Special shoutouts to [Total Stealth] The War Economy and A Quiet Exit for being the absolute worst.

Now all I need to do is find the last 14 animals, fulton <500 more things, and wait for Konami to fix the blueprint glitch, and I shall have that sweet 100%.

I'm assuming yes, but does anyone know for sure if D-Dog's fultons count towards the fulton awards?

TitusTroy

If you mean the final upgrade for Stealth Camo you need 880,000 GMP, a Level 63 R&D team, Emmerichs's Research Notes (key item) and Precious Metal x1,000 (reading off the guide, apologies for not doing it myself as I'm only done with Episode 13).

If you mean the first one, you can get that before Africa at R&D level 22

I thought the Stealth Camo was a full uniform/suit but it's a usable item that's lumped in with your Phantom Cigar etc...you need to enable it and you go invisible for a short while

killroy87

If I accidentally shoot someone I'm trying to extract on a side op, the
gunsmith
in this case, am I completely fucked for getting him? Or can I try again?

Kopite

So my bond with Quiet is around 68 and when I came back after not taking a shower for ages I triggered a
shower scene with Quiet. Does it get any better if I have a full bond with Quiet.

Dmax3901

So I just hit that brick wall of Mission 32. Got frustrated on the two next ones and now I'm feeling super burned out on the game as a whole.

Anyone else feel the same way?

So my bond with Quiet is around 68 and when I came back after not taking a shower for ages I triggered a
shower scene with Quiet. Does it get any better if I have a full bond with Quiet.

Oh boy you wouldn't believe it, let's just say she doesn't stay Quiet for long ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),

Seriously though no, it's the same scene regardless of bond level.

Warablo

in terms of buddies there is nothing I can do about
quiet leaving? I got the butterfly emblem on and I know people say as soon as you get rid of it her story thing begins...I just finished mission 43 and no way in hell Im redoing those extreme or sub missions. I don't need to extend the play time for me to do that shit. So does that mean I have to take the emblem off and let her storyline just end for me to go further at this point? What would you guys consider should do before she is gone

Eh, spoiled myself clicking this one.

Kopite

Oh boy you wouldn't believe it, let's just say she doesn't stay Quiet for long ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°),

Seriously though no, it's the same scene regardless of bond level.
I read the first part and got excited :(

Durden77

I just finished mission 46....

My....my brain.....what the fuck....

Is that it? I really hope there's more story. Like....like what the fuck...

Any way to speed up weapon development? Thinking I might just stop playing if otherwise. Ugh. Shit takes so long.

Oddly enough, you can't even do it with microtransactions. A two-hour wait timer is a two-hour wait timer, no way to speed it up unless you're on PC. Leaving your console on when you aren't playing is as close as you'll get.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I just finished mission 46....

My....my brain.....what the fuck....

Is that it? I really hope there's more story. Like....like what the fuck...

See episode 51 in the spoiler thread. But yea other than the truth tapes you unlock that fleshes out the ending it looks like that this is it.

Hatchtag

Banned
I wish this game had more checkpoints or had shorter missions. Ground Zeroes I never felt like I had to play for an hour straight to not lose progress. I also never played Ground Zeroes completely non-lethal for 2/3rds of a mission, then got bored with its length and decided to just kill everybody so I could finish it quickly.

Durden77

See episode 51 in the spoiler thread. But yea other than the truth tapes you unlock that fleshes out the ending it looks like that this is it.

Do I unlock mission 51 the same way I did the others? By just doing a few side missions? I'd rather see it for myself than read it in the thread.

Top Bottom