• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

I've done 8 Wandering Mother Base Soldier missions but 9 and 10 will not appear. I only have like 5 Side Ops active right now so I don't think any of them are blocking it.

I also only got Capture the Puppets 2, never anything else.

I just beat Mission 38 so shouldn't all this stuff be unlocked? I don't want to finish the game yet but my Side Ops are seriously dwindling. The guide says that I meet the qualifications for unlocking these Side Ops but I can't. What gives?

Hypron

I've done 8 Wandering Mother Base Soldier missions but 9 and 10 will not appear. I only have like 5 Side Ops active right now so I don't think any of them are blocking it.

I also only got Capture the Puppets 2, never anything else.

I just beat Mission 38 so shouldn't all this stuff be unlocked? I don't want to finish the game yet but my Side Ops are seriously dwindling. The guide says that I meet the qualifications for unlocking these Side Ops but I can't. What gives?

MMh, just keep on playing main missions then. It's only after you finish
Mission 46
that you'll have unlocked all the side ops.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
You can't mention that without mentioning

Vocal cord parasites

These words gave me nightmares. Oh, and I absolutely hated
Code Talker's voice. Such an atrociously slow, monotone, and just plain bad voice performance

This is perfectly reasonable game design.

1R5b.png

Jyrii

Banned
So I just finished mission 3

Destroying Sahelanthropus took probably 15 tries because of the two instakill attacks. I was finally able to beat it with the two rocket vehicles, two helicopters and bunch of rockets and grenades.

The preview for chapter two made me worry that they will just continue the Phantom Pain story and that there actually no major links to the other games.

And if they do that, there is no reason to artificially lenghten the game, chapter 1 was long enough.

The thing that annoys the fuck out of me is the gating of the fucking missions behind random shit as how many missions you have done, weather you have done mission X which isn't explicitly said to be a mission that is imperative. I'm not a god damn mind reader,
I wish when you saved kojima at then end I could beat him or something for this, just to get my frustrations out.

Was getting frustrated with mission

Used D Walker, s ranked in 10 mins. Same for mission
with the fat skulls
. D walked to a S rank in 2 minutes

THERES A CHAPTER 2?! man wtf I'm already 50 hours in, legit thought the game was over but then I remembered scenes from the trailers I haven't seen yet. Damn, how much more playtime is there?

cackhyena

-The controls were much better than in GZ, but still rather clunky. All this right stick flicking made selecting weapons a chore. Not to mention selecting things through your iDroid.

-Wolbachia

The controls are some of the best I've ever played in any game. Especially any stealth game.

MMh, just keep on playing main missions then. It's only after you finish
Mission 46
that you'll have unlocked all the side ops.

Is mission 41 a point of no return or is the
infection resolved in the course of the mission? I have been avoiding doing it because I don't want my research and combat units to be ruined for hours like missions 25-29.

So can FOBs increase your unit levels? I've gotten 99% completion with one mission left and still haven't gotten every unit to lvl 50 for the trophy thanks to the security team lagging behind. I still can't connect online either sooo I guess I'll get the platinum eventually maybe.

Jintor

man i really have no clue with some of these optional objectives. so many of them you gotta sneak through a base without even getting an alert status because you'll throw the scripting on some fucking conversation. One at least I have no idea what to do at all (you gotta find some other agent but the mission so far has offered zero hints the agent even exists)

Ridley327

So can FOBs increase your unit levels? I've gotten 99% completion with one mission left and still haven't gotten every unit to lvl 50 for the trophy thanks to the security team lagging behind. I still can't connect online either sooo I guess I'll get the platinum eventually maybe.

FOBs increase your staff size, so it makes it easier to get to higher levels as a result.

So mission 11
cloaked in silence

I randomly ran into it when going for a side op. I had read the trick about using supply drops in the small details thread. So I did that. Anyone knows what happens if you beat her with a lethal weapon. Or if you choose to shoot her rather than extract her?

Also, I sort of want to replay the mission and beat her legitimately. But the only sniper weapon I have is lethal. If I replay and kill her, will the game consider her dead, or will it remember me sparing her the first time?

Shahed

Finally done all objectives. So glad I secided to S Rank missions first so I could go Stealth/Bandana/Raiden for them. For those who find the conversation ones awkward. I wouldn't even bother until you get the best Stealth Camo.

Xanathus

You gotta for nukes. I am currently building a nuke, still more than 23 hours left @.@

Nukes don't really do anything other than prevent low heroism players from attacking your base, which is kinda bad actually if you're running a high defense FOB since you don't get those failed invasion rewards. AND, it makes you a target for other players like me who are trying to steal nukes. The only reason I'm farming fuel to make a nuke now is for the achievement.

Shahed

Nukes don't really do anything other than prevent low heroism players from attacking your base, which is kinda bad actually if you're running a high defense FOB since you don't get those failed invasion rewards. AND, it makes you a target for other players like me who are trying to steal nukes. The only reason I'm farming fuel to make a nuke now is for the achievement.
Still got 10 hours to go on mine. I'm literally gonna create and then dispose of it straightaway

Kalor

So mission 11
cloaked in silence

I randomly ran into it when going for a side op. I had read the trick about using supply drops in the small details thread. So I did that. Anyone knows what happens if you beat her with a lethal weapon. Or if you choose to shoot her rather than extract her?

Also, I sort of want to replay the mission and beat her legitimately. But the only sniper weapon I have is lethal. If I replay and kill her, will the game consider her dead, or will it remember me sparing her the first time?

You can beat her with the ordinary tranq pistol if you don't have a non-lethal sniper rifle, at least that's how I did it. I don't know about your other questions.

Chariot

Same here. I only want to build it and then dismantle it. I have 93% completion and I don't feel like doing all the side objectives atm.

Xanathus

Also a pro-tip for anyone trying to farm materials namely fuel and common metal. The amount of materials processed each tick is actually a percentage of the amount of unprocessed materials you have. The percentage seems to be based on your Base Development level. For example I have level 68 Motherbase Base Development and each tick is 10%, and if I have 10000 unprocessed fuel on Motherbase then each time I get the processed materials message I get 1000. However there is a limit of 2500 materials processed each tick which means if I want to have the highest amount of materials processed over time, I need to maintain a minimum of 25000 unprocessed material at all times.

For farming material containers I do missions 21 for fuel and 18 for common metal. There are guides on youtube showing how you can rush to the containers, extract them, then run away from the outpost to trigger the checkpoint save and then you can abort the mission to reset the material containers. Supposedly you can trigger the checkpoint save faster if you open the Base Development menu in your idroid while online which I'm going to try out now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can upgrade the normal sneaking suit to heal you faster.

...And it has a penis on the back of it.

What, nukes get developed in ingame time, what the fuuuuu

Ugh. I was waiting for someone to take that falling on the sword for me.

I guess I need to grind the fuel and GMP and just get started on that so I can mop the last missions up while that is built.

Well it looks like one of the optional objective in episode 24 is glitched. It requires to capture 4 containers in a outpost, but there are only 2 for me...

I won't have 100% because of this crap...

Chariot

Well it looks like one of the optional objective in episode 24 is glitched. It requires to capture 4 containers in a outpost, but there are only 2 for me...

I won't have 100% because of this crap...
Are you looking at the right outpost?

I guess I need to grind the fuel and GMP and just get started on that so I can mop the last missions up while that is built.
Yes, really bothersome. They shouldn't give a late-late-game thing not such a long timer.

Setsuna

...And it has a penis on the back of it.

put on a back weapon and you will never notice it

Forkball

So now that I beat the game, I want to expand MB some more. What should I focus on: my main base or my FOB? My command center is at 4 while the others are at 2 or 3, but I only have my initial FOB building. It's easier to expand, but then it just makes my main base harder to grow.

Grief.exe

One of my pet peeves is when it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get into a game.

With the loading, splash screens, and forced menus, MGSV takes forever to get into game.

Sayter

One of my pet peeves is when it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get into a game.

With the loading, splash screens, and forced menus, MGSV takes forever to get into game.

Are you connected online? That's what makes loading so slow. Especially today. The servers are acting funky.

MGS2 snake was the worst design costume wise

He's actually wearing his MGS1 Sneaking Suit, only without the vest.

Here's to hoping they make this Fox Engine created model from the Legacy Collection promo art:

Available as DLC. The chances are pretty good since the 2 MGS3 Snake outfits and The Boss, which are both the same as the previous promo material are already confirmed as DLC.

Top Bottom