• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

KorrZ

Damn. You must have absolutely powered through it eh? I mean, I'm not taking my time at all and I'm 80 hours in at 42%...

% is completely misleading. I finished the game at 56%.

It includes getting all mission objectives for every mission, all S ranks, all motherbase developments, all side ops etc. Not a great indicator of how far you are through the actual game.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is there any mission / way I can recruit more women? After reading that polygon article I want to make a badass FemSnake but I've haven't found any so far. :/

You can beat her with the ordinary tranq pistol if you don't have a non-lethal sniper rifle, at least that's how I did it. I don't know about your other questions.

Wasn't beating her with the tranq. pistol a massive pain?

You can beat her with a lethal weapon with no problems, the cutscene wil just play normally afterwards and you get the choice to either kill her or spare her. That's what I did my first try, there's absolutely no repercussions. I don't know what happens if you shoot her though, but the game will probably remember you already have her as a partner, but don't take my word for it.

Good to know that you can beat her with a lethal weapon. Guess that means I'll give her a re-match. Thanks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty much. I'm trying to figure out how to identify which animals I already have. The menu is confusing.

Any animal that doesn't have it's animal on it is one you don't have. IE: "?" is ones you don't own.

Alienous

I never got this cutscene! When did it happen?

When
it's raining and you return to Mother Base. I'm not sure if Quiet as to be in the helicopter, but I imagine you must have a high bond with her

The
first half of it is inexcusably terrible and character assassinating.
One of the few times I
really disliked the depiction of a female character in a video game

Tiktaalik

it was annoying with the large number of guards and no buddy help, but i got lucky and managed to do it in one try without setting off an alert.

I ended up getting an alert near the end, and as I was hiding waiting for the alert to go down, I hear a boom and Miller codec'd in to congratulate me for killing the target. I guess he or one of his soldiers threw a grenade... lol. I'll take the victory.

Damn. You must have absolutely powered through it eh? I mean, I'm not taking my time at all and I'm 80 hours in at 42%...

You are absolutely taking your time. Are you one of the people that takes over an hour to complete some missions? That may be why.

Reference: I am at 97% at 105 hours.

bbd23

can someone spoil how many missions there are for me... im really get tired of this game to be honest. i want to go back and play mgs 3.

Okay, so I beat mission
and started
Chapter 2
. What should I be trying to do in general now?
Do the
hard
missions only if you find them fun. To progress do all yellow story missions, side ops, and casettes. If you run out of yellow things to do, doing regular side ops or the
hard
missions will progress the story.

TitusTroy

to unlock Mission 45 I thought you had to first complete Side-Op 150...but for me Mission 45, 46 and Side-Op 150 all unlocked at the same time

Dartastic

do all the yellow missions, side-ops, cassette tapes...the last few missions slowly unlock after every 3 Side-Ops you complete
I've done a ton of side ops. I'm literally waiting on one yellow combat deployment mission that takes two hours to complete. I've already failed it twice, despite a 78 percent success rate. Do I literally have to just wait two hours for this to complete?

Vuze

You can speed up the game time within cheat engine so it takes mere minutes I believe. SOL on console.
Yup, works fine but just a heads up, it breaks the game sound for me everytime I do it. So just be aware that you will have to restart the game afterwards if you want to actually play properly.
Fuck it i'm gonna do that, do you have a link or something for how to get it done?
Just download Cheat Engine, open MGSV and check the Speedhack option, then set the speedup you want.
unbenanntcspnr.png

RS4-

Yeah same thing happened to me, it's pretty weird how easy that is to miss.

The worst one I've ran into was the mission where you save the prisoners at the place where you get Killerbee.

I spent half an hour looking for the second guy...and well...lol.

Agentnibs

Omg why won't this game let me finish it. I can't unlock mission 46! I already completed all the yellow main and side ops, and listened to all tapes. Now I'm just free roaming and returning to mb hoping something will trigger but nothings happened yet. I get little cutscenes here and there with ddog and quiet but that's it. I also never got to quiet side ops either

I've done a ton of side ops. I'm literally waiting on one yellow combat deployment mission that takes two hours to complete. I've already failed it twice, despite a 78 percent success rate. Do I literally have to just wait two hours for this to complete?

I'm in the same boat. This is the only yellow thing I have left and they've failed it twice now

Xanathus

Yup, works fine but just a heads up, it breaks the game sound for me everytime I do it. So just be aware that you will have to restart the game afterwards if you want to actually play properly.

Just download Cheat Engine, open MGSV and check the Speedhack option, then set the speedup you want.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out which cheat table had the hack for this >_<

DarkKyo

I need help progressing in the story.

Last story stuff I did was
mission 45. Quiet's gone and the credits have played,
but I've been told by someone here I have more to do to see more story. I keep knocking out side ops but nothing new story-wise is appearing. What do I need to do to get the last bits of story? I still have like 4-5 missions to do but they're all modified chapter 1 missions. Do I need to do all of them to see more story content?

Laputa_94

but I've been told by someone here I have more to do to see more story. I keep knocking out side ops but nothing new story-wise is appearing. What do I need to do to get the last bits of story? I still have like 4-5 missions to do but they're all modified chapter 1 missions. Do I need to do all of them to see more story content?

The way I got it was just by doing a lot of side missions. I only did 2 modified chapter 1 missions.

Xanathus

You need to do all the side-ops marked with the yellow icon, and listen to all tapes marked with yellow icon.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Play 2-3 of the harder legacy missions, listen to all of the yellow marked cassettes, and make sure you do all of the yellow Side Ops.

Top Bottom