• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

KarmaCow

For the life of me I cannot find what the blueprint glitch is, can anyone elaborate with a link or video?

From what I understand, in certain missions where you can collect a blueprint, if you happen to get it then die/reload from checkpoint, the blueprint will be gone and you wont have it either.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
From what I understand, in certain missions where you can collect a blueprint, if you happen to get it then die/reload from checkpoint, the blueprint will be gone and you wont have it either.

And this is only for Side-Ops or main Missions as well?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Protip: a shot on each leg will leave every soldier squirming and incapacitated. You don't need to bother with tranq headshots.

Maybe this is what Kojima meant by men becoming demons.

Aside from disabling people, this game teaches you to treat lower level soldiers as dirt. Just headshot them and only keep the high leveled guys around.

KHlover

Banned
Maybe this is what Kojima meant by men becoming demons.

Aside from disabling people, this game teaches you to treat lower level soldiers as dirt. Just headshot them and only keep the high leveled guys around.

Compared to earlier games in the series MGS V positively drowns you in non-lethal weapons from the beginning on. If you go around offing fools like a serial killer it is entirely on you :p

Compared to earlier games in the series MGS V positively drowns you in non-lethal weapons from the beginning on. If you go around offing fools like a serial killer it is entirely on you :p

Yeah, I never really understood the complaint that only lethal playstyles had a variety of weapons to use. They give non-lethal playstyles a ton to work with.

Sayter

Please help if you're past Mission 29.

I finished Mission 28 and just took off from Motherbase to start Mission 29 to get back Code Talker. As I'm leaving the base I see him on one of the upper decks. I went back but he was gone.

Should I look for him on the base or complete Mission 29 before I finally get him back?

Thanks.

MisterMac

Anyone else do their first playthrough with no checkpoints? I played every mission as a "Total Stealth" mission complete with a full mission restart if I got spotted.

MisterMac

Please help if you're past Mission 29.

I finished Mission 28 and just took off from Motherbase to start Mission 29 to get back Code Talker. Should I look for him on the base or complete Mission 29 before I finally get him back?

Thanks.

Do Mission 29.

Just finished Episode 31. So the story actually keeps going? Do we get conclusions to
Eli/Mantis/Volgin stuff? Also, is it ever actually said outright that the Man on Fire is Volgin? I mean, it's quite obvious, but does Snake even recognize him?
I'm gonna keep playing regardless, but just curious.

Shinigami

So what do I do to continue after mission
43? I've listened to tapes, done side ops, and still have the butterfly emblem. Last tape I got was Hueys questioning, where they seemingly threw him in the brig.

GravyButt

How do you unlock that mission? I've finished the game and have only a few side ops left, and it's still not showing up.
I will second that as well? Im guessing its an animal one? In which case im guessing im screwed because I can't get the bird to show up on the waterfall no matter what by the mansion

So what do I do to continue after mission
43? I've listened to tapes, done side ops, and still have the butterfly emblem. Last tape I got was Hueys questioning, where they seemingly threw him in the brig.
Remove the emblem

Do everything in yellow on the idroid including tapes.

If/when you do all of that, just do an easy side op or two that you haven't done before. It should unlock more stuff eventually

Haunted

Just finished Episode 31. So the story actually keeps going? Do we get conclusions to
Eli/Mantis/Volgin stuff? Also, is it ever actually said outright that the Man on Fire is Volgin? I mean, it's quite obvious, but does Snake even recognize him?
I'm gonna keep playing regardless, but just curious.
Yes

No/No/Yes

Yes

Yes

Should I do mission 46 or side op 150 first dudes?
Depends on
whether you want to tie up Quiet's story or the ending of the main story thread first (the two aren't related).

Hoo boy, Episode 31.

I actually had a great run on my first try. Using the maximum (?) upgraded GROM, spent most of the mission ripping Metal Gear Sally apart, all the way down to one final hit.

Then I get the final reflex mode moment just after firing a rocket, and in mid-reload. Can't reload or switch to another gun fast enough to shoot Mantis. And that was it. One hit hill from the laser.

I'll try again later but goddamn that was frustrating. Any tips?

Episode 30 was super easy in comparison, especially since
as I was trying to get the final Walker Gear to move away from the elevator shaft, and the two guards on the left-most ledge were starting to wake up, a sandstorm kicked in and pretty much covered my entrance. Pure luck, but I'll take it when I can get it.

In the C2W mission, one of the optional objectives is extract a shipping container, but I'm pretty sure I already got them because there's none here. What do I do?
I had the same problem when I just recently re-did the Subsistence version of it... I actually found and extracted the container, too, and it never gave me credit for the objective... And my original C2W doesn't have credit for it either =/ I am sure I've re-did that mission a few times because it's fun (just never really paid much attention to the objectives) and that one doesn't have credit either... I just did it a 4th or 5th time the other day, too, because a gaffer actually said they couldn't get credit for the "transmitter" objective and I wanted to test it.... So, I should have problem earned the container objectives at least twice or three times over on one of the two versions of the mission lol

But maybe that mission has problems sometimes with objectives because now I've heard or seen no credit being given for both the transmitter or container objective.

Just keep retrying it I guess because it obviously can and usually work.
not anymore. no more fights in my team. i guess i have too many diplomats.
I feel like there must be a certain tipping point with Diplomats or Heroism, GMP or something that massively increases morale or settles troublemakers because for most of the game, I always paired off troublemakers.. also paired every single troublemaker off with at last 1 diplomat... and still I always had so much fighting and sickness.

And then some point, maybe around Mission 30-40, 150K Heroism, when I started basically constantly going back and forth between 500K and 100K resources almost daily... and I don't even pair off troublemakers any more or try pair them with diplomats... and yet I just get no sickness or fighting ever anymore

so it's kinda weird lol

Haunted

Hoo boy, Episode 31.

I actually had a great run on my first try. Using the maximum (?) upgraded GROM, spent most of the mission ripping Metal Gear Sally apart, all the way down to one final hit.

Then I get the final reflex mode moment just after firing a rocket, and in mid-reload. Can't reload or switch to another gun fast enough to shoot Mantis. And that was it. One hit hill from the laser.

I'll try again later but goddamn that was frustrating. Any tips?

Episode 30 was super easy in comparison, especially since
as I was trying to get the final Walker Gear to move away from the elevator shaft, and the two guards on the left-most ledge were starting to wake up, a sandstorm kicked in and pretty much covered my entrance. Pure luck, but I'll take it when I can get it.
Sounds like you did everything right. Always make sure you have a clip loaded in one of your guns during the final phase, there's time to switch.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For my take, all the parts I mentioned in my previous post. And here:

But lets say the player is ready for that, or quickly adapts to changing circumstances, the mission throws a big fuck you by having the most powerful enemies in the game - (at that point anyway) magically spring into existence when the player gets close, no matter how stealthy that player is being. That's cheap, and its a designer cheating with their own rules, to force the player into a surprise bad-situation.

This isn't true. My very first time doing the mission, I stayed stealthy and snuck up to the truck. I got spooked when I saw them break out, but immediately went to a crawl and rolled away and they didn't see me.

I threw a decoy that lured them to look another way, snuck in and fultoned the truck, then ran the hell out of there.

A cosplay to rival all Metal Gear cosplays

1440978118411836456.gif

http://cosplay.kotaku.com/look-at-this-incredible-metal-gear-cosplay-1732198359

Probably old already around these parts but man this is cool.

That's awesome.

I wish they had a mod to make nighttime actually dark.

Feels like 6pm all night long.

Could be cool definitely. Seems like it could be possible if someone finds the lightings files.

Hahaha that was great

actually I had that happen once but it was less of a shock because I had called him in as air support... it's just that I had clearly already cleared the camp and tranqed a guard, and I ran to fulton him and the same thing happened lol "come on Pequod he was clearly neutralized!" lol but consider he had already been shooting shit up, I wasn't quite as surprised. plus I was standing maybe 20 feet back yet.

your timing and framing for it is just perfect tho lol
Ha! Reminds me of the time I was trying to interrogate a soldier while Quiet was providing cover fire. Every time I woke him up and grabbed him, Quiet would knock him out with tranqs again. Felt like Karma for all the times I'd screw with the guards in the same way in Sons of Liberty.
lol what's fun is when you interrogate a soldier and get Quiet to execute him for you :p

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to increase the durability of the suppressor for the guns in general or is it a pre-set thing? Also, is there anyway to add a suppressor to a gun that doesn't have one? I have a rifle and would love to be able to add a suppressor to it. Thanks guys.

This isn't true... I threw a decoy that lured them to look another way, snuck in and fultoned the truck, then ran the hell out of there.
I haven't used a decoy, but
I'm not wrong in that regardless of how stealthy you are they WILL make a slow bee-line towards your position. They just know.

Also, that text was originally spoilered. It'd be good to keep it that way.

so I never finished all the Missions last night lol ended up replaying some older missions and doing SIDE OPs and FOB defenses for fun :p so instead of doing the last stretch 46-50, I just did 46...

my general impressions are:

Mission 28-31:
(Skull Face and Sahelanthropus) awesome arc, felt wholly satisfied and felt like Big Boss and 'like a big boss' .... actually felt like a perfect time to end the game in a sort of Mass Effect 1 sort of way

Mission 43:
(Shining Lights, Even In Death) ok so now I'm barely starting to feel like there's a Chapter 2 arc... amazing mission, emotionally draining and harsh. this mission and a couple of the other small random cutscenes in Chapter 2 begin to make me feel like there's another serious story to be told here, a sort of Empire Strikes Back or Mass Effect 2 'story' ... Up to this point, the game basically felt like it ended at Mission 31 and everything else is little easter eggs or bonus content, but here it finally feels like there's a new story and chapter to tell.... and it was a damn harsh mission, I felt pretty emotional at the end.

Mission 45:
(A Quiet Exit) sort of building on the same thing... I feel like a lot more story is begin to take shape... plus it's one of the most visually... in awe, I guess... intense... scenes in the game... and also one of the most fun. the tank battle was awesome, I had a lot of fun beating it.

Mission 46:
(The Man Who Sold the World) and now I feel like.... that Jurrasic Park quote lol, Kojima was so focused on whether or not he could 'sell the world' a lie that he never stopped to think if he should.... I don't know if it wraps up anymore with some sort of post-Mission 50 conclusion (no spoilers I'll learn that in a few hours lol) but.... I don't even feel shocked or surprised... almost betrayed and totally diminished ;p like my story and all the hype and good feelings from Missions 30-31 and Mission 43 were sort of shit on. it feels sort of needless, pointless, and all it does it make you feel like your accomplishments and role were diminished -- it's like an Anti-Ending :p instead of making you feel like a boss (Mission 31) it makes you feel like you're not a boss lol

of all the crazy or random twists, I don't know if another twist could make me feel less motivated, less interested, less accomplished or satisfied, less inspired to keep playing the game... i feel just sort of like... that was dumb and a waste and suddenly I went from massively hyped about being big boss to just... meh...

don't get me wrong, I still love the game and it's still probably a 10/10 for me based purely on the free roam gameplay and Chapter 1... I expect I'll play FOBs and free roam for a long time yet

but... i mean, it's hard to describe but being Big Boss was a big part of the motivation and inspiration for all the free roam, and a lot of that came from hoping to see more of Big Boss turn into a demon, into the 'Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2' enemy boss and villain, the formation of Outer Heaven, and basically sort of 'break bad'

and basically Mission 46 was the anti-thesis to that sentiment and mantra... a sort of anti-ending to Mission 31's ending.

missions 48-50 tonight, see you guys in the Lust for Conclusion soon haha :p

mr_roboto

Neo Member
Disclaimer: I only own GZ for the PC but I have a question for this game

Is there a way in this game to have situational camera settings for normal/inverted.
I prefer to have the 3rd person camera to be inverted while aiming mode be normal.

In GZ there is only a global camera invert option, so If I invert the camera it also inverts aiming mode.

In mgs3, 4, and pw there are options to set camera and aiming separately.

So is there a way to set the separate camera situations in TPP? Even with mods?

MrDenny

Question, what does the code that came with ground zeroes unlock?
Should I bother entering it, already halfway through the game.

question about the combat deployments

is the one to kill the dictator the last one?
not sure but I know that more 'important' ones continue to spawn...

I got another 2 after it but I can't remember if they were the same as earlier ones or if they're new... they're definitely harder now haha so maybe it's the same as the very first one but now much stronger enemies, I'm not sure. the name
it's about an oil field or refinery
seems similar. in any case, the difficulty and rewards are better so in that way, regardless of the pointless 'flavour text,' it is new in a gameplay sense i guess

Panzon

This isn't true. My very first time doing the mission, I stayed stealthy and snuck up to the truck. I got spooked when I saw them break out, but immediately went to a crawl and rolled away and they didn't see me.

I threw a decoy that lured them to look another way, snuck in and fultoned the truck, then ran the hell out of there
I did almost the exact same thing except I had
Quiet kill all of them.

It took a while but it was awesome. Actually, I've really liked all the boss battles thus far and am at mission

Shinigami

Remove the emblem

Do everything in yellow on the idroid including tapes.

If/when you do all of that, just do an easy side op or two that you haven't done before. It should unlock more stuff eventually

If I take off the emblem, will she
die? I was under the impression that's what happened...

Tried that once, and she shot me instead lol. Fortunately it was the tranq rifle.

It's funny when she does it too. Knowing how Quiet feels about Snake, it almost feels like she's flirting with him. If it had been intentional, it would've certainly been more believable and a cool way of incorporating in-game storytelling. Way better than the embarrassing "rain scene" anyway.

Top Bottom