• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

sonto340

Do you have Fulton upgraded to extract cargo? There is a cargo container next to the building and you can extract yourself on it, aborting the mission. That's what I did, because I was also totally unprepared for this fight.
You are my fucking hero.

Setsuna

I beat this game on the 9th and I have been stuck in mission 45 since then.
The fact that you're "locked in" is fucking stupid because I would love to play more of this game but I just can not beat mission 45 no matter how hard I try. Even in almost flawless runs I end up getting killed in ONE HIT while wait on more ammo to drop.
Being unable to leave this mission once started is the shittiest design decision in this entire game period.
Especially because my load out is shit for what the mission actually is so I have to start each session by dodging ONE HIT KILLS whole calling in three different support item drops.

I'm so fed up with this shit mission.

People really shouldnt be having hard time on this mission

Its a textbook MMO fight

bobawesome

Okay, what in the world is going on with the skybox in
___Africa
?

Whenever I so much as nudge the right stick, it starts flickering. I'm playing on the PS4 and haven't noticed anything being said about this so I'm not sure if it's a general issue or if it's just me. I tried rebuilding the database and that did nothing.

I remember trying that crate trick and messing up because I hadn't realised how you do it (simply keep holding the fulton button the whole time).
Afterwards my crate escape option was no longer there, lol.

myco666

People really shouldnt be having hard time on this mission

Its a textbook MMO fight

So
dying from one hit and enemy tanks taking around 10 rockets before going down is supposed to be easy? I don't mind hard missions but this mission sucks so much especially if you don't have good enough stuff do deal with it.

Setsuna

So
dying from one hit and enemy tanks taking around 10 rockets before going down is supposed to be easy? I don't mind hard missions but this mission sucks so much especially if you don't have good enough stuff do deal with it.

If you are being hit then Quiet
hasn't taken agro yet

Vaga

So

A tank takes 2-3 rockets from a maxed FB launcher. If you're are using lock on missiles the mission is not the problem. Think people.

sonto340

A tank takes 2-3 rockets from a maxed FB launcher. If you're are using lock on missiles the mission is not the problem, think people.
And if you stumble into the mission without knowing that you'll need fully upgraded mussels then you're stuck in the mission with shitty unupgraded missile launchers and cant research a damn thing. Think people.

myco666

If you are being hit then Quiet
hasn't taken agro yet

But you have to take the aggro so that Quiet won't die. And my main gripe with the mission is that eveything takes way too many hits to go down.

edit.
A tank takes 2-3 rockets from a maxed FB launcher. If you're are using lock on missiles the mission is not the problem. Think people.

Yeah but I didn't have that good launcher at that point. Nor did I have lock on missiles. It is not that I didn't think about those options but that I didn't have them. IMO you should get good enough stuff from the mission to deal with it. This is how every other mission seems to work except this.

Lanrutcon

I think it's safe to say that each and every boss fight in the game sucks ass. Game doesn't need em, to be honest. They feel like the Deus Ex bosses: bullet sponges that force you to play a different game.

Sassen

I beat this game on the 9th and I have been stuck in mission 45 since then.
The fact that you're "locked in" is fucking stupid because I would love to play more of this game but I just can not beat mission 45 no matter how hard I try. Even in almost flawless runs I end up getting killed in ONE HIT while wait on more ammo to drop.
Being unable to leave this mission once started is the shittiest design decision in this entire game period.
Especially because my load out is shit for what the mission actually is so I have to start each session by dodging ONE HIT KILLS whole calling in three different support item drops.

I'm so fed up with this shit mission.

Well, if all else fails, open that checkbook and call in some bombardments, lol.

Vaga

And if you stumble into the mission without knowing that you'll need fully upgraded mussels then you're stuck in the mission with shitty unupgraded missile launchers and cant research a damn thing. Think people.

Except you can get out of the mission. And you can even do it without shooting one rocket. Fire support. Extract all tanks and shit.

But why do I bother, the majority of you can't even think outside the box.

Setsuna

I think it's safe to say that each and every boss fight in the game sucks ass. Game doesn't need em, to be honest. They feel like the Deus Ex bosses: bullet sponges that force you to play a different game.

They are only bullet sponges if you play that way

Armor skulls can have there armor shred by countering when they attack

Camoflauge skulls can be put down in 2 hits each with a headshot

Mist Skulls . . .I dont know I usually just bombard them so i can collect there corpse

Sahalanthropus is a Boss fight through and through with multiple weak points that take off massive HP

Ratrat

Well, if all else fails, open that checkbook and call in some bombardments, lol.
Pretty much. I did this after dying 2-3 times. I have no idea how people get stuck in this game. It's the easiest MGS by far as there are so many ways to go about something.

Lanrutcon

Pretty much. I did this after dying 2-3 times. I have no idea how people get stuck in this game. It's the easiest MGS by far as there are so many ways to go about something.

Mission 29 is pretty much a huge block for most people until they really explore their options, or get lucky.

Xanathus

Except you can get out of the mission. And you can even do it without shooting one rocket. Fire support. Extract all tanks and shit.

You can even trivialize the entire mission by using the fire support option to
call in a sandstorm
. That mission is stupidly easy if you actually think a little and use any one of your hundreds of options.

It requires you to think outside the box, guess the typical auto-piloted AAA games gave a different expectation to many people regarding MGSV.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Although most aren't of the same calibre as MGS1 or 3, I've enjoyed all of them.

For me, [Boss Spoilers up to Mission 31]
Quiet
is handily the series' second best
sniper battle
Metal Gear Snuffleupagus
takes joint best
Metal Gear fight with Rex
Man on Fire
is pretty terrifying and
Eli
is just a brilliant fight, especially the verticality and interactivity with the environment.

I have a lot of time for
The Skulls
too. They aren't quite Tengu Commandos but they're up there.

myco666

Or you know they can think outside the box and come up with these tactics but cannot get them to work for whatever reason. But good for you for being better and smarter than majority of people.

I actually liked all boss fights in this game and didn't think they force you to play a certain way.

Except you can't get out of the mission if it's your first time. Way to be a condescending ass when you're not so bright yourself.

myco666

They are only bullet sponges if you play that way

Armor skulls can have there armor shred by countering when they attack

Camoflauge skulls can be put down in 2 hits each with a headshot

Mist Skulls . . .I dont know I usually just bombard them so i can collect there corpse

Sahalanthropus is a Boss fight through and through with multiple weak points that take off massive HP

Camoflauge skulls are the sniper ones in mission 28? Never engaded them since I managed to sneak past them everytime so wondering if there is a reason to fight them at all?

Camoflauge skulls are the sniper ones in mission 28? Never engaded them since I managed to sneak past them everytime so wondering if there is a reason to fight them at all?
you can fight them to finish tasks. you can also extract them and develop an extra ability for your para suit.

Vaga

Except you can't get out of the mission if it's your first time. Way to be a condescending ass when you're not so bright yourself.

Is that all you understood from my post genius? I specifically explained other methods to achieve completion for the 'oh shit can't get out' crew.

myco666

you can fight them to finish tasks. you can also extract them and develop an extra ability for your para suit.

Okay so definetily should defeat them at some point.

People snuck passed the the snipers?

Dudes. I went apeshit on that jungle until the ground was glass.

I just
walked towards the waterfall as I was super scared to engage them. From there you can just climb up the cliff without them ever noticing you. Was really surprised that I could bypass the whole section.

Mat-triX

Question about getting the ending:
i've decided to lose Quiet to get the true end. Is the true ending getting 100% (if you don't lose Quiet, you can't achieve)?
Just yes or no.

So I'm stuck not being able to beat Side Ops "Unlocky Dog 4" because the damn bridge that separates where one prisoner is from the other ISNT THERE! Like it was destroyed or something. There are remains of the wooden bridge but not a completed one. I even tried going around the world on foot (it took me a good half hour) but since I left the circle of the side ops the damn mission resets and I can't get both.

I tried aborting, going back to MB and deploying again and the bridge still isn't there!!

Is it ever coming back? Should I just wait longer? Do I have to do something to make it appear again? Is it a glitch? Am I screwed?

Mat-triX

So I'm stuck not being able to beat Side Ops "Unlocky Dog 4" because the damn bridge that separates where one prisoner is from the other ISNT THERE! Like it was destroyed or something. There are remains of the wooden bridge but not a completed one. I even tried going around the world on foot (it took me a good half hour) but since I left the circle of the side ops the damn mission resets and I can't get both.

I tried aborting, going back to MB and deploying again and the bridge still isn't there!!

Is it ever coming back? Should I just wait longer? Do I have to do something to make it appear again? Is it a glitch? Am I screwed?

Is it the one in Africa? If it is, i'm pretty sure the Bridge is not needed. The base the Prisoner is located is down stream, under the broken Bridge. Get DD to locate him.

So whenever i ride passed soldiers while hiding on the opposite side of d horse, they always get suspicious and that white flare comes up and they come over. I thought this is supposed to be a mechanic where they will ignore you?

So whenever i ride passed soldiers while hiding on the opposite side of d horse, they always get suspicious and that white flare comes up and they come over. I thought this is supposed to be a mechanic where they will ignore you?

From a distance they do ignore you. But they will approach and shoo away d horse even if you're not on him/her. Horse stealth would be way too OP if they didn't do anything

Speaking of bosses, the fight with
the Man on Fire
has multiple ways to take him down, which makes him much more inventive then people think first time round. They're all easy as fuck, but a true MGS fan will try all the ways just to see it.

- What most people do first time, delay him and escape the fight.

- Stun him with the water tanks and then shoot floating Mantis a bunch of times. Mantis will eventually fall, putting Man on Fire down as well. This is my preferred method because it makes it feel like more of an MGS boss. You can fulton him here too.

- Jeep positioned next to a cliff overlooking a river. You know what to do.

- The swimming pool with a fuel tank next to it. The blast blows him into the pool. You can manually use explosives to do the same effect

- Make it rain!

- 100 shots with the water pistol.

Speaking of bosses, the fight with
the Man on Fire
has multiple ways to take him down, which makes him much more inventive then people think first time round. They're all easy as fuck, but a true MGS fan will try all the ways just to see it.

What most people do first time, delay him and escape the fight.

Stun him with the water tanks and then shoot floating Mantis a bunch of times. Mantis will eventually fall, putting Man on Fire down as well. This is my preferred method because it makes it feel like more of an MGS boss. You can fulton him here too.

Jeep positioned next to a cliff overlooking a river. You know what to do.

The swimming pool with a fuel tank next to it. The blast blows him into the pool. You can manually use explosives to do the same effect

Make it rain!

100 shots with the water pistol.

the first time i played i couldn't get mantis when i did the water towers so i called in an rpg, lures him to the cliff and used the splash damage of the rpg to blow him off the cliff.

Felt really innovative. In fact, i think there was supposed to be another boss fight with
man on fire in the ruins, there's a big river and a similar pool there. And if course, no natural rain to hide behind

Shin-Ra

I haven't tried the water pistol, or a lot of DMG weapons actually.

In about an hour I'll have a nuke and then just be disposing of it away from PLATINUM!

KingV

I just finished up Chapter 1.

What exactly do I need to do in Chapter 2 to get all of the new story missions to pop up? Do I have to do the missions that are subsistence versions of chapter 1 missions?

rtcn63

I just finished up Chapter 1.

What exactly do I need to do in Chapter 2 to get all of the new story missions to pop up? Do I have to do the missions that are subsistence versions of chapter 1 missions?

You can grind side missions. Every three or so.

Top Bottom