• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

LeleSocho

Banned
I know this is not directly related to MGS V but this is happening for second time this year.

fce9acd9ec4242e80409706e770f0c328bd2fe2a1443143702.jpg

Ok it's not on fire but it's only smoke but how something like that happens, like where does it come from?

Salaadin

So I accidentally deleted MGSV off my ps4 after I don't know how many hours. All my upgrades and staff members. Crap, I hope my cloud saves were uploaded. I was only halfway through the game too I think.
Deleted the game or deleted the save? I'm pretty sure that they're two separate things. You'd have to separately delete the save to lose your stuff.

I'm about to pick up the game again from mission 18. Seeing all this confusion and frustration about the ending, is there any spoiler free way to tell me how to avoid late game frustration/grind?

I'd like to see the "true" ending and I'd like to see Quiet's ending. What can I do to make sure I get these? Something about wearing an emblem and then not wearing an emblem or some shit?

I'm about to pick up the game again from mission 18. Seeing all this confusion and frustration about the ending, is there any spoiler free way to tell me how to avoid late game frustration/grind?

I'd like to see the "true" ending and I'd like to see Quiet's ending. What can I do to make sure I get these? Something about wearing an emblem and then not wearing an emblem or some shit?

1. You don't NEED to play the repeat missions. Listen to the yellow cassette tapes and continue to level up MB. That's all I did and it unlocked for me, though I had done quite a lot of the side ops as well.

2. Quiet's story unlocks as you progress through the game providing you don't have a butterfly on your emblem. If you don't you're good to go.

rtcn63

If you want to see Quiet's ending, just continue to use her, don't worry about emblems.

If you want the true ending, just make sure you listen to all the yellow highlighted audios (tapes). That seems to be the one most people miss.

1. You don't NEED to play the repeat missions. Listen to the yellow cassette tapes and continue to level up MB. That's all I did and it unlocked for me, though I had done quite a lot of the side ops as well.

2. Quiet's story unlocks as you progress through the game providing you don't have a butterfly on your emblem. If you don't you're good to go.

If you want to see Quiet's ending, just continue to use her, don't worry about emblems.

If you want the true ending, just make sure you listen to all the yellow highlighted audios (tapes). That seems to be the one most people miss.

Thank you and thank you. I should be on track then because I can't even figure out how to use an emblem and I've been hitting up any and everything that's yellow.

Part of the reason I'm getting back into it is because I may have stumbled across a SEVERE ENDING SPOILER
that the entire time you aren't Big Boss at all and Big Boss is the guy in the hospital who helps you escape at the beginning
and now I have to know.

If this ends up being true I swear this is the most disrespectful to the player game ever made and I will not hesitate to snap the shit in half and toss it into the woods. I really, really hope this isn't true...

oh well, finished everything in backup, backwhatever, finally. even managed to die on the last tank, because impatience. i don't like that mission. prisoners littered everywhere, like anyone would be looking for prisoners with that timer running.

54-46!

oh well, finished everything in backup, backwhatever, finally. even managed to die on the last tank, because impatience. i don't like that mission. prisoners littered everywhere, like anyone would be looking for prisoners with that timer running.

You can do it afterwards can't you? I'm pretty sure you need to get a helicopter in order to exfiltrate the hot zone in that mission.

Part of the reason I'm getting back into it is because I may have stumbled across a SEVERE ENDING SPOILER
that the entire time you aren't Big Boss at all and Big Boss is the guy in the hospital who helps you escape at the beginning
and now I have to know.

If this ends up being true I swear this is the most disrespectful to the player game ever made and I will not hesitate to snap the shit in half and toss it into the woods. I really, really hope this isn't true...

Deleting to remove tempation.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
and now I have to know.

the ending is awesome man, it's a complete homage to fans. you'll probably like it when you actually see it :D

kubus

Fuck, I keep forgetting that sometimes when you complete a main objective the hot zone gets smaller making it impossible to complete additional side objectives.

Can I redo the mission, complete the missingg side objective and finish the mission and still have those side objectives I did last time count as well? Or do you need to do everything in one go?

[Subsistence] C2W btw

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Got to the end of episode 1 after 95 hours. Thought the game was over. Was massively pissed thinking the game ended too soon.

So good.

Lanrutcon

Game just called me to motherbase on a highly critical matter.

AMBUSH AT THE HELI PAD

SNAKE BREAKS OUT HIS PISTOL

WILL HE SURVIVE?!?!

...and then everyone sings happy birthday to me.

AND THEN QUIET TRIES TO KILL ME

Won't spoil the rest. Buttom line? play the game on your birthday?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How did
he know who Snake was anyways? Does he know Big Boss' relationship to him?
not through with the game yet

Later on in the game
Eli
says
he wants to speak to his father.
Referring to Big Boss. So apparently he knows the relationship.

Why does Huey Emmerich's voice actor insist on pronouncing words inconsistently?

Bi-PEE-dal is apparently the British English way of saying "bipedal" (who knew?) but he says CHA-see (instead of SHA-see) for chassis, which is the American way. I have no idea why it's bugging me. Maybe it's just the fact I keep hearing that idiot Otacon every time he says something.

I'm from America. I say Bi PEE dal. I also say CHA see. Not that crazy.

Also, he worked a lot early on with Strangelove on development of Peace Walker, she probably said Bi PEE dal.

I'm starting to feel like I won't finish this game.... I'm only on mission 15, and the story is so fleeting, I don't really have the drive to press on. Does it pick up anytime soon, or do things continue on their current trajectory?

The gameplay is fun, but at this point I get it, and its growing repetitive.

d00d3n

I just started the introduction of the game. So you
switch out your face?Does this last for the entire game? I want to be snake ...

is there anywhere i should be going on mother base?

Came here to ask the same thing.
This place is so huge but I can't enter any doors. Where is everybody? Kaz, Ocelot,
I also have Quit and Emmerich under custody
but I have no fucking idea where they are, lol.
I guess I need to explore more. My time is just so limited that I feel like I'm wasting it by running around motherbase.
I'm not far into the game yet but this place seriously needs more interactivity.

MDSLKTR

judging by your reaction and the other reactions from this game, you are not gonna be pleased at all with chapter 2

How about people just discover for themselves if they will enjoy it?? Everyone told me here I would hate batman AK come endgame and I ended up loving it even more, sue me for not having a hivemind mentality I guess?

wiibomb

How about people just discover for themselves if they will enjoy it?? Everyone told me here I would hate batman AK come endgame and I ended up loving it even more, sue me for not having a hivemind mentality I guess?

I'm not one of those, trust me, I haven't even finished myself but I love this game.. I just merely speculating about the possible reaction since he didn't like chapter 1

ironcreed

Banned
I'm starting to feel like I won't finish this game.... I'm only on mission 15, and the story is so fleeting, I don't really have the drive to press on. Does it pick up anytime soon, or do things continue on their current trajectory?

That is how I feel. It just feels like a bloated mess with all of the development shit and samey missions taking place in a completely bland world. The more I play it, the more I want to drop it and move on. It is really grating on me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How about people just discover for themselves if they will enjoy it??

This fucks me off no end.

All it does is taint someone's opinion before they get to form it themselves. It's one thing to broadly share disappointment, quite another to directly scupper one's excitement with crypto-smug comments like that. No one will ever thank them for it, so I'm not sure what the benefit is except the potential chance to go "I TOLD YOU SO!!!11!1!!" later down the road, which is twatish to the nth degree.

I hit the wall right around the same spot you did. Just put the game down for a few weeks. That's what I did and I'm ready to do a bit more.

Top Bottom