• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Hm, sidemission 150 doesn't unlock for me.

The article I found said: "You must have recruited Quiet (check), max out your bond with her (check), spare her at the end of Mission 11 (check), and have the
scientist exiled
from Mother Base (check). This will unlock Side Op 150 for play.

Anything else I've got to do?

Got a Butterfly on your emblem? If so, take it off.

joe2187

Banned
tumblr_nuz1djwCUB1rm8k4oo1_1280.gif

KHlover

Banned
I personally like to play Mission 10 when I need GMP (Tbf only at Mission 13 right now tho).
Take the cheapest possible equip and some EM-Mines with me. Drive to the road which the prisoner will be driven on his way to the other base, throw down a few EM mines and call the Chopper. About 2-3min into the mission his convoy arrives in your trap. Jeep will be disabled by the EM-Mine, armored vehicle can be fultoned. grap the prisoner and drive to the Heli, mission complete. All in all takes about 5min, you get ~200k GMP iirc and 1.6k Heroism.

30IR

Banned
Can anyone suggest how to get into this game? With Mad Max being released simultaneously, I've been playing that almost exclusively (58 hours) versus 4 hours on MGSV TPP.

I just feel this game is too slow; it is my first MGS game but it looked so good in the previews/trailers.

Going to give this another shot but I'm almost averse to playing it!

Can anyone suggest how to get into this game? With Mad Max being released simultaneously, I've been playing that almost exclusively (58 hours) versus 4 hours on MGSV TPP.

I just feel this game is too slow; it is my first MGS game but it looked so good in the previews/trailers.

Going to give this another shot but I'm almost averse to playing it!

Well it's the "fifth" (7th) game in a series with a continuous storyline started over 28 years ago. Jumping into it now is a bit silly. You're going to be snowed and have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

That said, the story is virtually non existent in MGSV anyway, so you could probably just enjoy it on the games own merits.

That said, the story is virtually non existent in MGSV anyway
That really isn't true.

Anyways, do I have to complete the mission to get my optional mission tasks to complete or can I just abort when I've done one? Would save me a lot of time as I'm in the last stages of my platinum playthrough.

Khal_B

I saw that some new DLC costumes for the game was announced recently. Does anyone have an idea of a release date? Wanna use those MGS3 costumes asap!

Ted

Hi folks, I picked up MGSV today for PS4 and I have a quick question if you'd be so kind. I've not read the thread as I am deliberately avoiding any MGSV talk so apologies if this has already been answered.

I just quickly fired it up and let it run through to the opening cut scene and there is no obvious install option. Is the install basically invisble if you play for an hour or so or can I skip the first few cut scenes, get to an install option and then leave it installing? I don't have time to play right now but want it ready for when I am later.

Cheers MGSV GAF.

mattp

Hi folks, I picked up MGSV today for PS4 and I have a quick question if you'd be so kind. I've not read the thread as I am deliberately avoiding any MGSV talk so apologies if this has already been answered.

I just quickly fired it up and let it run through to the opening cut scene and there is no obvious install option. Is the install basically invisble if you play for an hour or so or can I skip the first few cut scenes, get to an install option and then leave it installing? I don't have time to play right now but want it ready for when I am later.

Cheers MGSV GAF.

theres never an "install" option in ps4 or xbox one games
they install the second you put the disc in the console

d00d3n

What is the safe way to return to base after doing side missions? Does the "return to acc" menu option save your progress? Or do you have to actually call a helicopter and go to one of the landing zones?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Apparently you only get some blueprints from combat deployments? :|

Anyways, do I have to complete the mission to get my optional mission tasks to complete or can I just abort when I've done one? Would save me a lot of time as I'm in the last stages of my platinum playthrough.

You don't have to complete the missions, just quit to ACC and any of the optional objectives you've completed will be saved. Only dying or restarting the mission resets them.

So knowing that, tip: If you have two really hard objectives in one mission, complete one and then quit to ACC so that one will be saved and you can focus entirely on the other one.

rtcn63

So a soldier spots me, but Quiet knocks his helmet off, distracting him just long enough for me to run up and tackle him. (This is with Reflex Mode off)

malfcn

Found a blue door on the Medical Platform that you can enter.

It has Paz in it! But this was teased for Chapter 2. When did this door unlock, and what would happen if you don't enter before Chapter 2?

Interesting.

wow wtf, a 5 mil gmp cap? really?

Yeah, that shit is stupid.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Found a blue door on the Medical Platform that you can enter.

It has Paz in it! But this was teased for Chapter 2. When did this door unlock, and what would happen if you don't enter before Chapter 2?

Interesting.

It opens early as shit, I think right after the first
Wandering MB Soldier
Side-Op.

I don't have internet right now which sadly means I'm a trophy away from a plat but dn if it hasn't been a ride. 200 hours before fatigue set it. Goty, so far. Such a good game. Need more cutscenes though.

RangerBAD

How do you get better suppressors? Tired of suppressors running out long before my ammo. Having a sniper rifle with one has spread it out enough to make it through missions.

KHlover

Banned
I wasn't too big on Shotguns before, but now that I have the Bullpop...damn. Donned the Combat suit, took a Rocket Launcher along for good measure and then proceeded to extract the
developer of Venom's arm
in under 5min and that's AFTER I captured the base.

Semi-Auto shotgun ftw (over 100% accuracy lol)

Lanrutcon

How do you get better suppressors? Tired of suppressors running out long before my ammo. Having a sniper rifle with one has spread it out enough to make it through missions.

Develop better ones?

That's how you get better gear. Go check your tech trees. The easiest one is an iteration of your starting AR.

xxracerxx

Keep Developing better weapons and start looking for the ones that give you better suppressors. At a certain point in the game you will be able to
Customize weapons and put those better suppressors onto your weapons.

RangerBAD

Keep Developing better weapons and start looking for the ones that give you better suppressors. At a certain point in the game you will be able to
Customize weapons and put those better suppressors onto your weapons.

Yeah, I'm at that point, but nothing else has an adequate suppressor I can swap in.

xxracerxx

Yeah, I'm at that point, but nothing else has an adequate suppressor I can swap in.

As I said, start developing new types of rifles, that will unlock even more option trees. And down the line there will be a weapon with a better suppressor. Also, make sure your R&D is high.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes.

GEIST P3
WU S333
ZORN-KP
ZE'EV
BULLHORN SG
HAIL MGR-4
AM MRS-71 MRS RIFLE
LPG-61
FB MR R-Launcher

I know I'm missing the Bullhorn. I'm not sure about a few of the others, but I've gotten the Giest and Zorn in a side-op or main mission.

Revven

As I said, start developing new types of rifles, that will unlock even more option trees. And down the line there will be a weapon with a better suppressor. Also, make sure your R&D is high.

This is one thing I wish I learned when I originally played through the story that I only found out after I completed it... would have made the game a lot easier lol.

But at least they're useful for S ranks.

Mat-triX

I'm enjoying the game - and the bits of story thus far - but the constant hate the game is getting is making me depressed and start to slow down. I just started Chapter 2 and i'm basically being told by everyone that it goes downhill from here. :/

Top Bottom