• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

cyress8

Banned
Is there an easier way to extract those
kids
on mission 18? I died 100 meters before the extraction point.
You can call in one of the large trucks and back it up to one the stairways. Toss them into the back and make sure you fulton from the back and not the front. They all fall out and die if you do it from the front.

I was raging and laughing at the same time when I saw them falling from the sky.

Lanrutcon

The amount of use you get out fo the batttle suit is directly proportional to how much you've played the game. When I started out I was all non-lethal and stealthy and concerned about the enemy.

Now? Now my arrival is announced with the thunder of air bombardments, and punctuated by the liberal use of explosives. If there's anything or anyone left to futon after I'm done redecorating it's a miracle. I wish I could capture attach helicopters.

Gurish

Get back on the ACC.

edit: also, not updating your Base Development first, shit that must have taken forever to get enough resources to update all those other platforms.

Thank you I will try now and see if it helps.
And yea I should have done it earlier, didn't pay much attention to all that MB too much, invested mostly on R&D.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Thank you I will try now and see if it helps.
And yea I should have done it earlier, didn't pay much attention to all that MB too much, invested mostly on R&D.

It should work, they are not updating because you are physically on MB.

Mat-triX

So I just got really stinky
and had that cut scene with Quiet...was the guys watching and commenting in the background really necessary? Don't they technically hate her? (hence the cell)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I just got really stinky
and had that cut scene with Quiet...was the guys watching and commenting in the background really necessary? Don't they technically hate her? (hence the cell)

Yeah, it was really bizarre. Along with
Ocelot watching. Though I guess he did want to see Naked Big Boss

Why, so you can spend real money to buy Konami Bucks and move your FOB to a location that auto-mines more fuel, of course!

To get all the fuel you need, do the side-op of finding the Legendary Jackal to get the Wormhole Fulton upgrade. Then replay Mission 12 and wormhole the materials containers in the cave and pick up the intel file to auto-save, then restart the mission. Repeat until you have as much as you need (fyi, you need about 300k to ax your FOB as well).

You get 7500 fuel and it takes about 2-3 minutes each time. Then you just have to wait for the stuff to be processed, so hop into the back of a truck and lay down/cardboard box and go for a ride. The truck will drive between outposts triggering auto-saves and material processing. Still takes too long, but much faster than replaying missions over and over.

Does it process materials faster if you do the truck thing than if you just afk at mother base?

I haven't played the game since finishing the story, but reading this thread's made me realised. Why the fuck am I not playing this fucking game.

61 hours in and 38% completed lol.

KHlover

Banned
o_O Bull*horn* Shotgun blasts through
Skulls
as if they were some random scrubs. Replayed Mission 6 and decided to try and not run. Hid behind a wall and whenever they tried to attack me with their Machetes or whatever that is they got some Shotgun blasts in their face instead :D

muteki

Mission 31 was a lot of fun. I'd be half way fine if they just ended it here.

Question about Huey's pet project:

Does the Battle Gear ever get any actual use in the game? It was just completed and they are telling me to try it out in dispatch missions? That's no fun. I just figured it would be ready in time for 31 but wasn't.

rtcn63

Does the Battle Gear ever get any actual use in the game? It was just completed and they are telling me to try it out in dispatch missions? That's no fun. I just figured it would be ready in time for 31 but wasn't.

Nope.

It was cut from the game.

So... I just beat mission 46 (I still haven't gotten 45 though. Is that supposed to happen?)
My thoughts: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK? WAT. All this time? Is this why people hate this game? Or is there more in a "true ending" or mission 45?

KHlover

Banned
unbenannt-1tbqhb.jpg

unbenannt-2k5pbj.jpg

PTSD Solid V

wiibomb

Can't believe how hard this mission 45 has been for me..

I can't even return to ACC to select equipment and diffenrent things!! I'M HARDLOCKED INTO THIS

rtcn63

I can't even return to ACC to select equipment and diffenrent things!! I'M HARDLOCKED INTO THIS

You can supply drop what you need before the first checkpoint (after as well, but you don't want to keep redoing it if you die), although if it's a launcher, you may have to wait until taking the one Quiet gives you.

Also someone said you can fulton yourself out on the material container.

I unlocked some kind of grenade order with Quiet but I have no idea how to use it.

I believe you just equip your grenade, hold the order button, tell her to "shoot this grenade" and then throw it. She'll send it toward the nearest target.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. I only used it a couple times.

Assuming that you aren't trying to S-Rank it right now, you can
call in a Sandstorm which will allow you to fulton the tanks and other vehicle units out. They'll have a lot of difficulty seeing you in that. Just make sure you have a gun ready in case you run into ground troops that you need to eliminate quickly.

Kindekuma

Banned
I believe you just equip your grenade, hold the order button, tell her to "shoot this grenade" and then throw it. She'll send it toward the nearest target.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. I only used it a couple times.

You're right, I've only used it maybe 3 times so far, I'd use it more often but I still haven't figured out the trajectory of where the thing will land.

wiibomb

You can supply drop what you need before the first checkpoint (after as well, but you don't want to keep redoing it if you die), although if it's a launcher, you may have to wait until taking the one Quiet gives you.

Also someone said you can fulton yourself out on the material container.

I'm still having a hard time since
I die in very few hits
, I blame that I haven't washed myself in a long time and my
health
might be very well reduced because of it..

Because of this it is like playing an extreme version of this mission ha ha..

So... I just beat mission 46 (I still haven't gotten 45 though. Is that supposed to happen?)
My thoughts: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK? WAT. All this time? Is this why people hate this game? Or is there more in a "true ending" or mission 45?

I did it this way too. Yeah, that's why people are upset.

KarasuEXE

No, you don't get it. 46 IS the "true ending".

rtcn63

I'm still having a hard time since
I die in very few hits
, I blame that I haven't washed myself in a long time and my
health
might be very well reduced because of it..

Because of this it is like playing an extreme version of this mission ha ha..

The last wave of tanks can one-two shot you even with the battle dress. And it doesn't help that there's like two tanks huddled together right in front of the building, aiming at the same time...

I did it this way too. Yeah, that's why people are upset.
Hey that was supposed to be spoiler tagged so can you edit your post. Not that I really spoil anything but still.
And what do you mean by "I did it this way too? Don't answer if it spoils mission 45 or anything else in the game that I haven't seen

yep
Ok thanks. Damn that means I kind of spoiled myself by playing 46 before 45. A friend of mine told me to where the butterfly emblem. Didn't know it would ruin the game tho.

Word of warning, and this is spoilery for Mission 45 so read if you dare... stop here, no, okay... when it ends, you lose Quiet as a playable character forever.
Yeah, I already got that part spoiled by a friend. I still wanna see what happens in mission 45 though. Ugh decisions man.

MNC

You're right, I've only used it maybe 3 times so far, I'd use it more often but I still haven't figured out the trajectory of where the thing will land.
Its basically auto aim if the enemy is close enough. It will land at their feet. Really cool with stun grenades and smoke grenades.

Arttemis

The way an alert spreads in this game is still awful. Someone sees you and shouts out in surprise, but no one hears it if you are able to subdue them immediately afterwards. If they are subdued a fraction of a second beyond that, and they haven't even done anything in addition to that surprised shout, somehow everyone in the entire base knows exactly where you are.

I don't see why the alerts can't start at a 40m radius, or ideally, go back to MGS3 days of making gunfire or a radio request necessary to alert other enemies. I can't even stand people up during alerts. So frustrating.

rtcn63

Ok thanks. Damn that means I kind of spoiled myself by playing 46 before 45. A friend of mine told me to where the butterfly emblem. Didn't know it would ruin the game tho.

Yeah, I already got that part spoiled by a friend. I still wanna see what happens in mission 45 though. Ugh decisions man.

Just youtube it man

usp84

So without spoilers is mission
the last story mission? I didn't have to grind at all to get it it just popped up but i played the hell out of the game.

Will i have seen everything of the story?

Wow, Backup, back down was a really fun mission. Got an s-rank on my second attempt. Pretty easy. There seemed to be a lot of hate for this mission here. Why? From some posts in here I got the impression it's the hardest mission ever. Is it because of the optional objectives? Some of them sound a bit difficult. Eliminating all of the vehicles without getting a resupply in particular. Don't think I can do that one yet. Maybe later if I manage to get myself a tank.

Setsuna

The way an alert spreads in this game is still awful. Someone sees you and shouts out in surprise, but no one hears it if you are able to subdue them immediately afterwards. If they are subdued a fraction of a second beyond that, and they haven't even done anything in addition to that surprised shout, somehow everyone in the entire base knows exactly where you are.

I don't see why the alerts can't start at a 40m radius, or ideally, go back to MGS3 days of making gunfire or a radio request necessary to alert other enemies. I can't even stand people up during alerts. So frustrating.

Can walk through everyone with stealth camo, but as soon as the base is alerted they will spot you as if you werent using camoflauge

bud

what is this about the 'true' ending? i'm at mission 30.

someone please explain without the use of any spoilers.

Lakitu

st5fu
Finally finished this earlier today, after completing every side-op. I was starting to think I was never going to finish it but I did.

A mixed bag overall but I still enjoyed it. It's a flawed masterpiece and I appreciate the ambition behind it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Do bonds increase in side ops?
I know Quiet's does, but I think it is more tied to how many times she pulls the trigger so it will grow outside of any missions.

D Horse seems to only grow on actual missions and took forever to max out.

D Dog seems to grow fast during missions.

RangerBAD

I know Quiet's does, but I think it is more tied to how many times she pulls the trigger so it will grow outside of any missions.

D Horse seems to only grow on actual missions and took forever to max out.

D Dog seems to grow fast during missions.

Do her kills affect rankings?

Top Bottom