• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

This took me way too long to figure out but you should fulton every container, vehicle, and weapon you see. They all sell for a profit for more than the cost of fultoning. Sell from the resources menu.

I used to avoid fultoning white container boxes except for materials that I needed, because 10,000gmp for 750 common metal seems like a lot. Do the math though, 1 common metal sells for 100gmp. 750cm = 75,000 gmp. So you can just sell it if you don't need it for profit, or just sell away the fultoning cost to break even.

Same goes for 4wd vehicles and mortars and everything. They all net a profit, just fulton all day every day.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell (post mission 32 spoilers):
I just saw Quiet's torture scene out of the blue, I don't understand all of these things, how did they realized Quiet had a parasite? When did they examined her? Even if it was obvious.

wiibomb

This took me way too long to figure out but you should fulton every container, vehicle, and weapon you see. They all sell for a profit for more than the cost of fultoning. Sell from the resources menu.

I used to avoid fultoning white container boxes except for materials that I needed, because 10,000gmp for 750 common metal seems like a lot. Do the math though, 1 common metal sells for 100gmp. 750cm = 75,000 gmp. So you can just sell it if you don't need it for profit, or just sell away the fultoning cost to break even.

Same goes for 4wd vehicles and mortars and everything. They all net a profit, just fulton all day every day.

After realizing that in chapter 2, I did exactly that, it is one of the ways to get quick GMP, though it is convenient to not touch the fuel resources since all platfom expansions need it and shortages happen all the time in that resource
Welcome to hell.

Spoiler: I LOVED it... hahahahaha.. i was smelling it since the first mission lol

SJRB

Gold Member
I just saw Quiet's torture scene out of the blue, I don't understand all this things, how did they realized Quiet had a parasite? Even if it was obvious.

They don't,
they just torture her because she refuses to speak.

SJRB

Gold Member
Phew, thanks SJRB!

No worries. What basically happened is
Miller still doesn't trust Quiet and wants to force her to talk by torturing her. Ocelot at first agrees with this but halfway through suddenly does a 180 and wants to stop. Ocelot, the king of torture, wants to stop the torture. Yeah... But anyway, they don't know anything about an infection, and Big Boss didn't know/approve of the torture even though he doesn't stop it.

wiibomb

Don't go to the spoiler thread, then. It's an ugly place for people like you.

Then may be I shouldn't... I'm not a hateful person and this makes good sense to me.

I just want to know: (endgame spoiler)
what was that about paz? that cutscene at ground zeroes was fake?

MathUser

"Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future"

I'm glad to see Kojima go. He's the one that decided to hire Keifer Sutherland instead of David Hayter. He's also the one that wants to keep making Big Boss games instead of Solid Snake games.

Then may be I shouldn't... I'm not a hateful person and this makes good sense to me.

I just want to know: (endgame spoiler)
what was that about paz? that cutscene at ground zeroes was fake?

Did you complete her quest arc? After you get all 10 pictures there's a last one on the wall outside of her room.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I just saw Quiet's torture scene out of the blue, I don't understand all of these things, how did they realized Quiet had a parasite? When did they examined her? Even if it was obvious.

Did you see the scene where Quiet help the kid grab shabani necklace? After that scene, Quiet was examined by motherbase doctor, and during that time they find out proof that she is the one that attack venom in the hospital based on the flower they found stuck in Quiet body and also the fact that she have parasite inside of her

NIN90

I'm glad to see Kojima go. He's the one that decided to hire Keifer Sutherland instead of David Hayter. He's also the one that wants to keep making Big Boss games instead of Solid Snake games.

Ah yes. Kojima should have given into whiny fans all along. How'd ya like MGS2?

collige

Banned
I think my game is totally screwed. I managed to end up using DD on Mission 45 rather than Quiet so now the cutscene isn't triggering to get back to the helicopter. Can't quit, can't use the iDroid, can't do anything. What do I do? is there a way to edit my save file?

wiibomb

Ah yes. Kojima should have given into whiny fans all along. How'd ya like MGS2?

I swear this time gives me MGS2 bibes, whiny mad fans wanting Kojima's head because he didn't want to give whatever idiocity the fans wanted...

I'm sad to see Kojima go, he is pretty unique about making these twists

I think they are the same guy though.

Kiefer does an outstanding work. David was great in most of his games, bit he wouldn't fit in this one

"I wont scatter your sorrow into the heartless sea. I Will always be with you"
would have been shit with the peace walker type of delivery David did.

wiibomb

Kiefer does an outstanding work. David was great in most of his games, bit he wouldn't fit in this one

"I wont scatter your sorrow into the heartless sea. I Will always be with you"
would have been shit with the peace walker type of delivery David did.

Exactly! I say kiefer made a pretty good job into this game, I also felt a sansation of Big Boss being older, specially when questioning a soldier

When he says "where are the others?" Felt old... I like it

Pre-release. This was a month after P.T. debuted, way before SH's cancellation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jw_D-sQodU

The audio tape appears in the area during Mission 20. You'll hear it on the way to the objective, you can't miss it.
Ah that's why I missed it. I stopped watching pre-release stuff after the redband trailer. So cool, but now I'm really disappointed it got removed.

Thanks for the tip. I've got a long way to go before mission 20, though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Never forget

Metal-Gear-Solid-5-PT-Lisa.png

No worries. What basically happened is
Miller still doesn't trust Quiet and wants to force her to talk by torturing her. Ocelot at first agrees with this but halfway through suddenly does a 180 and wants to stop. Ocelot, the king of torture, wants to stop the torture. Yeah... But anyway, they don't know anything about an infection, and Big Boss didn't know/approve of the torture even though he doesn't stop it.

Did you see the scene where Quiet help the kid grab shabani necklace? After that scene, Quiet was examined by motherbase doctor, and during that time they find out proof that she is the one that attack venom in the hospital based on the flower they found stuck in Quiet body and also the fact that she have parasite inside of her

Yeah, although I think it could've been done better.
Miller asking a doctor to thoroughly examine her body, or guards capturing her and taking her to Room 101.

Vex_

Banned
I believe you also want to listen to all tapes that are marked in yellow and make sure you listen to them all the way so the dot is removed from them.
You don't have to do this iirc. Just tap x then tap x again to stop it. Don't have to play it all the way through.

81 hours, 55% completion, All 50 missions complete.

I'm taking a break from playing this game and shall catch up on all the GiantBombcast podcasts I've shunned listening to until finishing this game.

Thank You Hideo Kojima.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question regarding side missions -

I have completed 13 of them with the box being "checked" but yet, some of them still get that circle on the left of it despite it being completed.

Is this a bug or glitch? Or do I actually have to complete these side ops more than once? Honestly, this is really starting to aggravate me.

wiibomb

Quick question regarding side missions -

I have completed 13 of them with the box being "checked" but yet, some of them still get that circle on the left of it despite it being completed.

Is this a bug or glitch? Or do I actually have to complete these side ops more than once? Honestly, this is really starting to aggravate me.

If you do them again, they give you GMP, that is why they continue to show, but you already cleared those

Top Bottom