• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

I'm an idiot, I've played for like 130 hours already (and only at about 50%) and only just a couple hours ago did I realize that pressing X/Square allows you select multiple staff members even though it says it right in the lower left corner of the screen.

Umm, I'll blame it on still being use to the Playstation icons and thinking "X" was "A" on an XBox controller, yeah that's it. <_< Let's ignore the obvious here.

KzZEDw.gif

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/52/?

Vuze

FUCK YEAH
E: Ah, animation issues as expected. I hope somebody can fix the floating etc, this would be perfect
God dammit, trying to do these side ops to make the final 3 unique story missions pop.

Ugh.

Also, it's happened once before but us there a quick extract after finishing a side op?

I did one earlier and called the chopper as soon as I extracted the prisoner, and instead of running back to the chopper the camera zoomed in on snake's face and I finished the mission.

Any input?
That's only the case when there's some shit going on at motherbase. It's super annoying in chapter 2, had it happen three or four times to me when I wanted to do the few side ops currently available to me. Finished the first one *zoom* "BOSS RETURN TO MOTHERBASE ASAP"

dunno what to do with all this money anymore. everything is maxed. give me resources.

I wish you could use GMP to buy resources. Preferably processed resources. Would make the game a lot more fun than simply farming a couple missions over and over for materials then leaving your game on while it processes the raw materials. It's just a big waste of time and pointless.

oRuin

Anyone know what I'm gaining for maxing out my r&d platform on my fob? Are new research items locked without a fobs r&d being maxed?

I wish you could use GMP to buy resources. Preferably processed resources. Would make the game a lot more fun than simply farming a couple missions over and over for materials then leaving your game on while it processes the raw materials. It's just a big waste of time and pointless.

yup. but i never farm anyway. i'm getting all i need from working on ranks and tasks. it just takes time to process everything. currently building the rest of my FOB.

Setsuna

You can trade Fob points for resources and staff

Revven

I just realized. All the issues regarding traveling in this game could have been solved in an instant if they just let the players fulton Boss to fast travel. It would cut down on the constant waiting for the helicopter, and traveling across the empty world.

Like really, why the hell can't you do that?

Because it would make an issue of why the boss just doesn't fulton himself out of every situation?

I mean... technically the thing that mimics what you want are the delivery points with the box -- except you can't use it to go everywhere on the map, only to places where there's another delivery point. And then you run the risk of appearing in an area where enemies are around and then they alert lol...

Do fob points actually exist? I'm on ps3 and everyone is on zero, even when it said my base won the virtual battle thing.

Anyone know what I'm gaining for maxing out my r&d platform on my fob? Are new research items locked without a fobs r&d being maxed?

Don't think so, depends what rank staff you have. Not many things to unlock after around level 50-something.

myco666

Stop giving me 35 MB coins Konami. Give me some damn fuel as a daily reward.

I don't understand economy in this game at all. I have too much every other resource but just barely manage to scrape enough fuel to build more platforms. Fact that it is needed on every platform and you don't get it more than other resources is ridiculous.

I don't understand economy in this game at all. I have too much every other resource but just barely manage to scrape enough fuel to build more platforms. Fact that it is needed on every platform and you don't get it more than other resources is ridiculous.

I don't understand how people have gotten 4/4 on all platforms on MB or even FOBs. The amount of fuel you need is INSANE.

What is the best weapon load for fighting the skulls in mission 16 ? I don't have access to the killer bee for now and the regular RPG doesn't seem to have auto-lock.

I have failed twice the mission now so I plan to just use D-horse to run to the truck's location at the airport right at the beginning of the mission and then ask Quiet to cover me for the fight against the skulls, but I still need something to stand my ground against the freaks. Or should I just use a D-walker + shield combo ?

Timeaisis

So can you play as your avatar after you finish the game? How? Is it just in "select character" on the deployment screen?

EDIT: Added spoiler tags just in case.

Woffls

I don't understand how people have gotten 4/4 on all platforms on MB or even FOBs. The amount of fuel you need is INSANE.
Fulton loads of unprocessed fuel online in FOB, wait a few days for it to process in real-world-time and hope you weren't invaded too much. Max out security on Command and Base dev platforms.

I got most of my fuel recently for FOB upgrades by going on a resource spree and got like 500k of each, and have just left it to process over time.

Ridley327

What is the best weapon load for fighting the skulls in mission 16 ? I don't have access to the killer bee for now and the regular RPG doesn't seem to have auto-lock.

I have failed twice the mission now so I plan to just use D-horse to run to the truck's location at the airport right at the beginning of the mission and then ask Quiet to cover me for the fight against the skulls, but I still need something to stand my ground against the freaks. Or should I just use a D-walker + shield combo ?

Machine guns work pretty well on them if you want a non-D-Walker solution. Don't count out explosives, either; even hand grenades can make a big difference, albeit making the task of keeping the truck safe dicier.

But yeah, the D-Walker gatling gun is designed for Skull destruction.

myco666

Well I am almost finished with my all of my MB platforms (two to go) but now it is really halting since I am almost totally out of fuel and really don't feel like going through every single outpost for the hundreth time to find all the processed materials. I bet even that wouldn't be enough. I really don't get why they decided to put one material requirement so high compared to rest. Seriously you need biological resources for medical platform only why not drop the amount you get that and raise the amount of fuel you get. I am sitting at 100k processed biological resources processed and bunch of unprocessed with medical platform maxed.

edit

You can just get into the truck and drive away. Just hope they don't break it before you get it moving.

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times (tried googling but I didn't get a straight answer and I want to avoid spoilers as much as I can).

Just finished the prologue - now I'm staring at a screen telling me to wait about ~10,000 seconds while the game installs...at first I thought this was some meta-joke about 4's long install times but now I see it's for real. Could the long amount be due to me having a digital version of the game? (Dashboard tells me I've downloaded 17gb out of 27gb so far).

This happened to me and I have the disc. I had to restart the PS4 since it seemed like it froze. Then it was fine. I believe this was a known issue that people were having that was talked about at launch.

cyress8

Banned

Shotguns work well also. I still laugh when I replayed the first fight with the skulls and my shotgun killed them in 2 shots. Shit had me on the floor.

Alucrid

Banned

you can fulton the truck and peace out on d horse without getting hit if it's the mission i'm thinking of

MDSLKTR

Decoys with claymore aligned in their path with a c4 surprise at the end, then finish them off with a shotgun. Granted it was long to do but so so fun the first time

Fulton loads of unprocessed fuel online in FOB, wait a few days for it to process in real-world-time and hope you weren't invaded too much. Max out security on Command and Base dev platforms.

I got most of my fuel recently for FOB upgrades by going on a resource spree and got like 500k of each, and have just left it to process over time.

It processes in real time, not game time? Why don't I have more then? I've stolen a ton :|

Chariot

The accompanying tanks, They take a long time to get it down and they have decent firepower.

... I really don't get why they decided to put one material requirement so high compared to rest...

Why, so you can spend real money to buy Konami Bucks and move your FOB to a location that auto-mines more fuel, of course!

To get all the fuel you need, do the side-op of finding the Legendary Jackal to get the Wormhole Fulton upgrade. Then replay Mission 12 and wormhole the materials containers in the cave and pick up the intel file to auto-save, then restart the mission. Repeat until you have as much as you need (fyi, you need about 300k to ax your FOB as well).

You get 7500 fuel and it takes about 2-3 minutes each time. Then you just have to wait for the stuff to be processed, so hop into the back of a truck and lay down/cardboard box and go for a ride. The truck will drive between outposts triggering auto-saves and material processing. Still takes too long, but much faster than replaying missions over and over.

Machine guns work pretty well on them if you want a non-D-Walker solution. Don't count out explosives, either; even hand grenades can make a big difference, albeit making the task of keeping the truck safe dicier.

But yeah, the D-Walker gatling gun is designed for Skull destruction.

I never expected to have to use machine guns one day as I try to do a zero-kills run so I have to start to develop that weapon line but yeah, it sounds like a solution. Damn the skulls.

You can just get into the truck and drive away. Just hope they don't break it before you get it moving.

It was my first plan and it didn't go well, the truck finished in a ball of fire. It's as easy to drive than an bloody freighter anyway.

Shotguns work well also. I still laugh when I replayed the first fight with the skulls and my shotgun killed them in 2 shots. Shit had me on the floor.

Okay, I will try this if the machine gun don't go well.

you can fulton the truck and peace out on d horse without getting hit if it's the mission i'm thinking of

It was my second plan, and they ended up killing my buddy :(

Why, so you can spend real money to buy Konami Bucks and move your FOB to a location that auto-mines more fuel, of course!

To get all the fuel you need, do the side-op of finding the Legendary Jackal to get the Wormhole Fulton upgrade. Then replay Mission 12 and wormhole the materials containers in the cave and pick up the intel file to auto-save, then restart the mission. Repeat until you have as much as you need (fyi, you need about 300k to ax your FOB as well).

You get 7500 fuel and it takes about 2-3 minutes each time. Then you just have to wait for the stuff to be processed, so hop into the back of a truck and lay down/cardboard box and go for a ride. The truck will drive between outposts triggering auto-saves and material processing. Still takes too long, but much faster than replaying missions over and over.

This is amazing.

Is there a way to increase the rank of the combat deployment missions?

I'm on chapter 2 and still only seeing D and E ranked missions.

Edit: Jesus the fuel trick... Any other farming tricks?

myco666

It was my first plan and it didn't go well, the truck finished in a ball of fire. It's as easy to drive than an bloody freighter anyway.

I actually got lucky on my second try and managed to drive the truck away without Skulls destroying it in the process. It sure isn't guaranteed way to beat the mission but it can work.

Oh... I need to do this. Thanks for the tip!

Alucrid

Banned

wow, the truck thing is genius

Top Bottom