• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Yes, eventually. Important side-ops stuff: After
15-20
missions, you'll be able to start a chain of side ops that lead to
the extraction of a legendary gunsmith
. This person will add the ability to
customize weapons
while in the ACC.

Stuff you can do:
When you develop multiple types of the same caliber weapon, you can piecemeal and switch their pieces around onto a single, ultimate weapon. Things really get awesome once you've unlocked 5* weapons and have a dozen options for barrels and muzzle accessories (including silencers).

Can the infinite silencer from the pistol be put on different guns?

Setsuna

The whole enfant terribles, floaty gas mask kid, wtf happend at end of Chapter 1, etc.

How can any of those be incomplete when they have already been explained in the other games

More specifically Les Enfants Terribles is the
project
that created
Eli(liquid)
and
Solid snake

Floaty mask kid is
Psycho Mantis
one of the main villain enemies from
Metal Gear

Eli
takes control over
Mantis
who takes control over
sahelanthropus
who flys off to
wherever the fuck

laxu

Chapter 2 is terrible. Horrible writing, lots of lengthy tapes of bullshit and cutscenes that barely make sense. No good missions so far either. Despite putting a LOT of hours in this game I find myself just wanting to get thru the game at this point.

Also fuck the heavy infantry guys. Is there anything except explosives and takedowns that works well against them?

Chapter 2 is terrible. Horrible writing, lots of lengthy tapes of bullshit and cutscenes that barely make sense. No good missions so far either. Despite putting a LOT of hours in this game I find myself just wanting to get thru the game at this point.

Also fuck the heavy infantry guys. Is there anything except explosives and takedowns that works well against them?

Develop the Brennan sniper rifle

Grimsen

Sleep Grenades

Anti Material rifle (apparently, don't have it yet)

Rocket punch

O.DOGG

hello-yes-this-is-dog.png

Using DD against the heavy infantry + CQC is a lot of fun, I thought.

Mission 45

This shit is frustrating. It was supposed to be a stealth mission to rescue Quiet so i'm equipped with tranquil guns and rifles... how am i supposed to beat the 5th Battalion with that and a shitty rocket launcher? I can't even hit the damn chopper.... What a cheap way to create a difficult spike, Kojima...

Interfectum

If I never hear Code Talker's voice again it'll be too soon. That dude rambles like fucking crazy.

Mission 45

This shit is frustrating. It was supposed to be a stealth mission to rescue Quiet so i'm equipped with tranquil guns and rifles... how am i supposed to beat the 5th Battalion with that and a shitty rocket launcher? I can't even hit the damn chopper.... What a cheap way to create a difficult spike, Kojima...

I am so happy I had this spoiled for me. Would have been a nightmare without my launcher setup.

Also I finally finished the game (end game spoilers):
I liked the twist but thought the story overall was a convoluted mess. To be fair I felt that way about every MGS story.

MGS 1 is still the best of the series for sure.

Edit: I want to say that the music and sound design in this game was just unmatched. All the little sounds for every single action fit perfectly, and the music is just perfect for every moment.

Revven

If you have the fully upgraded Stun Arm and the heavy infantry guys are all on-screen (or close to on-screen) you can do the level 3 charge of the stun arm (aim and hold R2) and a lightning strike from the stun arm will hit and stun all the enemies on-screen. Easy to take out all of them at once instead of one at a time, slowly, with decoys or CQC.

Alternatively, if you have the Rocket Arm you can use that as well but it's also slower.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Man I got so confused by Mission 6 (Yes I'm still very early in this game).
I was trying to save the fighter prisoner guy in the cave. I did that, and don't see holes I could fulton him out so I thought I'd carry him out and then fulton. Then a cutscene happened where I'm ambushed by the Skulls and the fighter prisoner is just gone :( Is there somewhere in the cave that I can fulton the guy out ? Then when Skull fight happened, I tried to beat them with my Honey Bee but died many times :( I didn't know I could just run away on horse until my last run so I did that...
This mission is just not very clear in my opinion.

BadWolf

Mission 45

Just go to the the iDroid and call in a loadout, have them drop down whatever weapons you want.

Get this guy out, there are many holes in the selling. YEAH use the entrace of the cave for cover. Strike everybody down with your HB. Thats it getgud

SamuraiX-

Yes, eventually. Important side-ops stuff: After
15-20
missions, you'll be able to start a chain of side ops that lead to
the extraction of a legendary gunsmith
. This person will add the ability to
customize weapons
while in the ACC.

Stuff you can do:
When you develop multiple types of the same caliber weapon, you can piecemeal and switch their pieces around onto a single, ultimate weapon. Things really get awesome once you've unlocked 5* weapons and have a dozen options for barrels and muzzle accessories (including silencers).

HOT DAMN!

I'm very close to opening this then. Gonna do some good grinding when I get home. Dying to get more
suppressors for more of my rifles.

Mission 45

Order a supply drop of
Battle Dress and a better Rocket Launcher?

SamuraiX-

[Famous cutscene spoiler]

Saw the
"rain"
scene. Mixed feelings about that.
Although the cassette did set it up beforehand, the first half of it was a total misstep; BB corps photo mode levels of inappropriate. The playing in the rain was, if taken in isolation, quite sweet and innocent enough... not sure why he decided to put the hooker dance in front of it, but I think I'll live
. Because half of it is actually something quite sweet in the middle of all the paranoia and war, this is still not as cringe inducing as
Meryl and Johnny Mr & Mrs Smith-ing it up and getting married
in MGS4.
Well said. You took the words right out of my mouth in terms of what bothered me with that scene.

Man I got so confused by Mission 6 (Yes I'm still very early in this game).
I was trying to save the fighter prisoner guy in the cave. I did that, and don't see holes I could fulton him out so I thought I'd carry him out and then fulton. Then a cutscene happened where I'm ambushed by the Skulls and the fighter prisoner is just gone :( Is there somewhere in the cave that I can fulton the guy out ? Then when Skull fight happened, I tried to beat them with my Honey Bee but died many times :( I didn't know I could just run away on horse until my last run so I did that...
This mission is just not very clear in my opinion.

do you remember where the honeybee was? there is a large gap in that cave. easy to fulton him out from there.

Mission
Just reached the
"such a lust for revenge, WHOO!?" that seems so infamous these days, so fucking bad....the fuck happened here, is like Kojima isn't even trying anymore

captainpat

Just got the cutscene after mission 31 where
Quiet burns herself to the Kid's bracelet
. Man, fuck these
child soldiers
, nothing but trouble the whole time. Why are they still here?

"Hurry I need to blame Kojima on internet boards instead of using my imagination" Nobody knows how to play this game I swear

Herp, derp. It's not like i haven't tried that before, you genius.

I keep requesting new weapons but they dissapear when Quiet asks for supplies (and she does it after each wave). I try to reach the packages as quickly as i can but i'm not fast enough... Also, i only can request one thing at a time,so i have to make two requests and wait a lot of time to get the Killer Bee and the Battle Suit. I find impossible to survive until the second item is dispatched.

gelf

Also struggling with Mission 45.
Getting one shot by the tiniest amount of splash damage is not good. Also it feels like its punishing me for not paying major attention to the mother base stuff as I have not researched powerful rockets and I can't quit the mission to do so.

I've pretty much decided I still prefer both 1 and 3 in the series now. This game does a lot of the things I didn't like in Peace Walker. Every "boss" encounter feeling like a horrible grind in particular which is terrible in the series that gave us Psycho Mantis and The End.

Just finished Mission 19 and
we started developing a metal gear battle tank or some shit that's supposed to be on the R&D platform
but I couldn't find it. Do I need to visit this at any point? I really can't be bothering spending any mroe time in mother base than absolutely necessary/

Just finished Mission 19 and
we started developing a metal gear battle tank or some shit that's supposed to be on the R&D platform
but I couldn't find it. Do I need to visit this at any point? I really can't be bothering spending any mroe time in mother base than absolutely necessary/

No. You'll visit it once more in a cut scene and then it's done. Unless I missed something :lol

edit: Does materials processing get capped? I just came home and I saw a materials process on the screen and the only one that took from unprocessed to processed was minor metal. It's so frustrating how confusing this is. Do you get capped per day?

No. You'll visit it once more in a cut scene and then it's done. Unless I missed something :lol

Alrighty, cool thanks.

I still visit
Paz
every time I'm at MB hoping to see it advance. I have to know if the apparent retcon will be worth it. It's also literally the only think I found worthwhile on MB. Showering doesn't count...

topplehat

Having trouble finding an answer for this. One of my buddies (Quiet) got taken out in a mission. On the next mission I can't select her, what do I have to do to get her back again? Just do some missions without her?

Alrighty, cool thanks.

I still visit
Paz
every time I'm at MB hoping to see it advance. I have to know if the apparent retcon will be worth it. It's also literally the only think I found worthwhile on MB. Showering doesn't count...

Worth it. Make sure you're doing the wandering MB soldier side ops

Top Bottom