• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Setsuna

Any tips on S rank for mission 12

EDIT: Scratch that I beat. New question: Ive beat every mission with S rank besides
Flash back Diamond Dogs, Retake the platform, Flashback shining lights
which are missions that seem like you cant even get a ranking with
I even have Grand Master Certificate (Elite). And yet I cant unlock the
Raiden outfit
or the
Cyborg outfit

On second thought I just realized why and now im really mad

malfcn

Bullshit.

Lost 35,000 in fuel because after a week it never processed.
I can't build more to process, but I can't process without building more.

My security says I had 30? guys assigned but the attacker just appeared and started lifting containers out and then neutralized only a handful of defenders.
How do I set security more effectively? How do I know where my containers are and why none of my dudes did shit against the attacker?

And I fail another retaliation because 2 guards are next to each other, I CQC one of them and then my trex arms do nothing while I get an AR through my battle suit.
Horseshit.

Holy hell 45 is hard. Luckily I managed to do it with one of the optional objectives. But man...that extraction one. Wow, that's gonna be rough.
As someone who hated that mission with a passion (and it's the only thing gameplay wise I dislike in the entire game) here is how I did it, last mission task I had in the entire game:

Make the weather a sandstorm, put on parasite armor, go to town

Fuck Mission 45.

Hmm not sure if I should just YouTube the rest

Chapter 2 is pretty short compared to Chapter 1 (I still hold that Chapter 1 should've been split into separate chapters). You just have to do yellow marked stuff which are fewer, and once in awhile do a couple of miscellaneous missions or side ops to "advance time" (which is the only purpose of the repeat missions, is to do that. They are fully optional).

Chairhome

Spent hours on 45. :-(. Finally did it.

So... Endgame spoilers question:
I beat 45 and 46.
What I have left to do:
3 more pictures to get for Paz.
mission 48 and 50.
a bunch more side ops left.
Is there any more story stuff to do? Nothing else happens with Eli?

Thanks.

Renewed

I beat 45 and 46.
What I have left to do:
mission 48 and 50.

Thanks.

Now you can
go search online for episode 51 and enjoy.

Haunted

Hmm not sure if I should just YouTube the rest
Youtubing a substantial part of the game including the ending feels weird to me, but if you're not having fun with the game anymore...

I beat 45 and 46.
What I have left to do:
mission 48 and 50.

Thanks.
In terms of main story, you're done.

The Paz photos resolve the Paz sidestory.

The sideops and missions 48 and 50 have nothing in terms of story. 46 is the final story mission.

The kids leaving with the mech is the end of Eli's story in the game (but there's a work in progress video of a cut additional episode that deals with that on Youtube).

mr.beers

Just got a new area
Africa
and now the skybox looks like this.

image.jpg

Is there a problem with my ps4 or is this common?

Chairhome

Now you can
go search online for episode 51 and enjoy.

Youtubing a substantial part of the game including the ending feels weird to me, but if you're not having fun with the game anymore...

In terms of main story, you're done.

The Paz photos resolve the Paz sidestory.

The sideops and missions 48 and 50 have nothing in terms of story. 46 is the final story mission.

The kids leaving with the mech is the end of Eli's story in the game (but there's a work in progress video of a cut additional episode that deals with that on Youtube).
Thanks!

Mission 45 is TERRIBLE.

They prep you for a stealth mission then attack you with a dozen tanks.

It's so bad, it's so bad.

I actually brought my strongest equipment and it was still hard.

Apparently the easiest way to beat it is with a semi-auto sniper but I couldn't figure out which one it was. I eventually got tired of being one shotted by stray cannon fire so I just started calling in air strikes.

Aurongel

I actually brought my strongest equipment and it was still hard.

Apparently the easiest way to beat it is with a semi-auto sniper but I couldn't figure out which one it was. I eventually got tired of being one shotted by stray cannon fire so I just started calling in air strikes.

Am I just delusional here or can you really not abandon the mission in any way to pick a new loadout and develop heavier firepower?

Man I can't do mission 16.

The one where
you have to extract the truck that's guarded by Skulls.

Been trying by running straight to the airport while the truck is there, but it's placed in such an awkward position to get in and out.

Gonna try waiting on the road and leave some C4 around to blow em up.

Man I can't do mission 16.

The one where
you have to extract the truck that's guarded by Skulls.

Been trying by running straight to the airport while the truck is there, but it's placed in such an awkward position to get in and out.

Gonna try waiting on the road and leave some C4 around to blow em up.

Take Quiet with you, smoke the whole area, stay out of sight of the baddies and let her do the job.

Am I just delusional here or can you really not abandon the mission in any way to pick a new loadout and develop heavier firepower?

You can have support drop loadouts and weapons, and theoretically even develop them from your iDroid, but for the most part you are stuck in that mission.

If I remember correctly, it is pretty safe behind the building, so you can have supplies dropped there.

Lender

I ended up picking the locked gate and leaving my horse there, then jumping the fence next to the truck, fultoning it out, then sprinting out to my horse.

It worked and took 2 minutes :p
When the skulls appear I just sneaked torwards the second tank at the end of the convoy, hopped in, and blew them all to hell. Worked fine. :p

Ourobolus

Banned
As someone who hated that mission with a passion (and it's the only thing gameplay wise I dislike in the entire game) here is how I did it, last mission task I had in the entire game:

Make the weather a sandstorm, put on parasite armor, go to town

Fuck Mission 45.

So...uh...how do I do that first part? Is that a helicopter command?

Ourobolus

Banned
So here's how I did it.

I learned quickly where the vehicles would show up and then toss a smoke grenade and then fulton them, or leave 3 charges of C4 where they would eventually park. Once the second wave appeared, I requested a supply drop of my strongest rocket launcher (it one-shots the armored vehicles and...3(?)-shots the tanks). That made the second part A LOT easier when combined with the smoke grenade/C4.

When you start the second part, IMMEDIATELY request the supply drop, then haul ass towards where the missile vehicle appears and fulton it. Go back, drop C4 at the spot where the vehicle from the left (facing outwards from the building) parks, then get the launcher. Smoke grenade/fulton the one from the right. Then just blast away.

AniHawk

completed mission 46 and

why is ocelot the calm and reserved person and miller the crazy asshole through the entire game?

AniHawk

They don't call Kaz "Hellmaster" for nothing.

i think my biggest problem with the characters in the game was ocelot being a cocky shithead in the 60s and an insane person in the 00s but extremely well put-together in the 80s. miller can be whatever, but if one had to be the bad cop, it didn't make sense that it was him.

also they can make a super awesome prosthetic arm and robotic legs and miller has to run around on crutches the entire game?

Kazuhira

Episode 20 Spoilers

Holy crap this worked so well.

This clip is my second time through the mission I was actually able to come up with this technique on the fly when I did the mission the first time. I thought I was so smart I would post it, but sadly it had already been figured out. Who cares though, this worked so well it was some action movie shit.

Omg this is amazing! The rain saved my ass during that fight.
Kaz said 'Thank you mother nature' lol

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i think my biggest problem with the characters in the game was ocelot being a cocky shithead in the 60s and an insane person in the 00s but extremely well put-together in the 80s. miller can be whatever, but if one had to be the bad cop, it didn't make sense that it was him.

also they can make a super awesome prosthetic arm and robotic legs and miller has to run around on crutches the entire game?

Crazy 00's Ocelot isn't really Ocelot at all, he's playing a character from MGS onwards. Hell, he was playing a character even in MGS3! He could've been a bit more rounded though. I like they kept his unnerving fixation with Big Boss though.

PW Kaz makes no sense when lined up with MG2 Kaz. He's meant to be a right bastard, hence his students calling him "Hellmaster" later in life. This transition makes a lot of sense.

Kaz says in a tape that he doesn't want the prosthetics because it is his way of remembering everyone and everything he lost, so that makes sense.

BadWolf

completed mission 46 and

why is ocelot the calm and reserved person and miller the crazy asshole through the entire game?

Miller is the most bitter about losing everything 9 years ago, which he had to suck up to Cipher behind BB's back to be able to accomplish in the first place. Also listen to the GZ tapes and watch the cutscnes, he is extremely pissed at Paz being a Cipher spy and betraying them, said hate carries over to Quiet. And on top of that, he is later tortured and loses an arm and a leg.

Then there is the whole thing about Zero's plan with Big Boss and Venom Snake, which Miller was duped into going forward with. Not told the truth until the end.

So yeah, Miller has plenty to be pissed about. Ocelot on the hand, not so much. The dude is having a ball working for BB, torturing people, scheming etc.

Azio

Ok I am in ep 39.
I will give my semi-review in brief

I don't know what happened in MGS5... all what I waited for was a well-structured story...but unfortunately I encountered a superficial story and a few cut scenes.. also the big boss was too calm and silent..

The story was very bad for me and i was disappointed (i dont want to listen to recordings cuz that so boring ):(

I read some spoilers on Wikipedia and ahhhaaa I know now why the story is too disappointing... Kojima U R trolling again! even with this a huge surprise the story in the game is still bad...

the gameplay is so amazing and unique but I think Kojima killed it with repetitions
OSt 10/10

overall
the game is so amazing but it cannot be the game of 2015.. i dont think so

bombshell

EVENT UNDERWAY

Oh really? It's not like you've popped up 20 times already with this message... Do I really have to play the infiltration to make it stop?

heringer

Wait, I've read that
the game takes Quiet away in the end. Does that mean if I can S rank everything, do the harder missions and complete everything, I have to do it without her? Why would they do that? Maybe I should backup a save just before I finish the game?

BadWolf

Wait, I've read that
the game takes Quiet away in the end. Does that mean if I can S rank everything, do the harder missions and complete everything, I have to do it without her? Why would they do that? Maybe I should backup a save just before I finish the game?

Yeah, she leaves permanently. Feel the phantom pain :p

There is a trick to stop her ever leaving, though that would also mean you can't complete her story.

Batzi

Banned
Ok I am in ep 39.
I will give my semi-review in brief

I don't know what happened in MGS5... all what I waited for was a well-structured story...but unfortunately I encountered a superficial story and a few cut scenes.. also the big boss was too calm and silent..

The story was very bad for me and i was disappointed (i dont want to listen to recordings cuz that so boring ):(

I read some spoilers on Wikipedia and ahhhaaa I know now why the story is too disappointing... Kojima U R trolling again! even with this a huge surprise the story in the game is still bad...

the gameplay is so amazing and unique but I think Kojima killed it with repetitions
OSt 10/10

overall
the game is so amazing but it cannot be the game of 2015.. i dont think so
There is a very good reason why Big Boss is not talking much. I'd finish the game if I were you first then start putting the pieces together. At first I was so confused but then after reading analysis articles here and there, things started to make more sense to me. I actually think the story in V is far better than the past 2 MGS games that came out; meaning it is better IMO than MGS:pW and MGS4 and on par with MGS2 in terms of twist. Unlike what most people think, nothing was sacrificed in the story. That's how Kojima wanted to convey his message and he did it. If most people don't get it, it's not Kojima's fault. People didn't get MGS2 and it took years for them to finally appreciate it. V is no different.

Top Bottom