• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Fuck which ever arsehole decided to allow people to raid and steal your single-player acquired resources, even when you're offline.

More importantly, fucking them doubly for forcing you to build an FOB base, I literally couldn't leave or continue from the FOB screen until I built one. What a joke. Had an A+ solider and 4 B grade soldiers get stolen.

daveo42

Banned
Post Mission 20:
Damn that brat and his fiery man-beast. Anyone successfully extract him or does the kid always stop you? Had zero luck targeting the kid btw.

Oh shit, has anyone found the
P.T.
easteregg?
It's in
mission 20 (in one of the small outposts)

It's the
radio massage from the demo/teaser

That was scary, lol.

Just past that portion. So good.

Gvitor

Any hints for the boss on mission 3
?
Sahelanthropus.

I really suck at these kinds of bosses in Metal Gear, I far prefer those with clever tricks. Maybe this one have one and I'm not seeing. So far I'm
rocket launching it and getting supply drops for more rockets lol. I barely developed any lethal weapons aside from this one, so there's that.

leehom

On mission 10, how do I listen to the last conversation between the transport truck driver and Malak?

I've sneaked up to them before they drive off in the ruins and when they're in the other base. Both times, I didn't get the ding showing I completed the mission objective and I've listened to them finish talking at both places multiple times. Do they stop at the little station in the middle?

GeeTeeCee

I've just developed the sneaking suit. I'm sure the bio says it eliminates footstep noise entirely, but I could've sworn guards were still turning around before I got in range. I'm also guesing that during daytime you're probably better off sticking to dedicated camo gear?

At least the sneaking suit looks amazing, even if the arm colour doesn't match, and thanks to an image posted on here a little while back I cannot unsee the genitalia on Snake's back.

Also, the target range for the R&D deck can bugger off. I failed to find 19 targets on my first attempt.

Danneee

how do I get into the Serak Power Plant?...I don't see any path...everything is blocked off by canyon walls

There's a path in the mountains just west of the guard post south of the plant. Though first time I tried that the climb able wall was blocked off by a crashed chopper. But it shouldn't be if you're doing a story mission i believe.

TitusTroy

You can't get into the interior of the power plant. It only opens up during one of the story missions AFAIK.

I accepted a Side Op mission- 'Secure the Stun Arm Blueprint'- which is located inside that power plant...so I can't complete this Side-Op yet?...why do they make it available if I can't complete it

Loam

So, does anyone know exactly what building a nuke does? Kaz says something about deterring people from attacking you but I highly doubt the game would be that generous.

Also I love getting disconnected mid infiltration and not only losing all the guys/resources you extracted but also receiving a massive penalty to GMP and hero rating. Its been a week, can we please get some working servers?

Griss

I accepted a Side Op mission- 'Secure the Stun Arm Blueprint'- which is located inside that power plant...so I can't complete this Side-Op yet?...why do they make it available if I can't complete it

Nah, you can I think. I'm pretty sure that the blueprint is in a small building right before the interior of the power plant. Go get it.

chefbags

Okay so mission 16 help. How the hell do I beat this last portion?

I had the skulls go past the tank and then I went around and went right next to the truck while crawling. Once skulls are past the truck I sent a bomb support on them and while I'm waiting for that to happen, I Fulton the truck. Then seconds later kaboom on the skulls and I win lol

TitusTroy

There's a path in the mountains just west of the guard post south of the plant. Though first time I tried that the climb able wall was blocked off by a crashed chopper. But it shouldn't be if you're doing a story mission i believe.

I saw the crashed chopper but I don't see any way to climb the walls

Mupod

I've just developed the sneaking suit. I'm sure the bio says it eliminates footstep noise entirely, but I could've sworn guards were still turning around before I got in range. I'm also guesing that during daytime you're probably better off sticking to dedicated camo gear?

At least the sneaking suit looks amazing, even if the arm colour doesn't match, and thanks to an image posted on here a little while back I cannot unsee the genitalia on Snake's back.

Also, the target range for the R&D deck can bugger off. I failed to find 19 targets on my first attempt.

You can crouch walk at full speed up to people in the sneaking suit, you can't do that in camo. Obviously running upright will get you found, but don't do that.

And yeah when the sun rises I have them drop me in some camo. It feels like Woodland is top tier - even in places where you'd think it isn't that useful, you can often find little patches of grass to hide in.

Jingo

So, without any spoilers, can anyone explain me what the hell is going with the end? Some say the game its unfinished ?? I read that mission 51 its not finished in the colectors edition of the game? Should i be worried?

Menthuss

Oh you can get to the exterior of the power plant where the blueprint is located. If you just follow the roads you should find it.

TI82

Banned

Just did that one, it's in the area you can access normally.

Griss

Okay so mission 16 help. How the hell do I beat this last portion?

Three options, apparently:
1. Develop a fulton that can extract vehicles.
2. Fight and kill the skulls and drive out of the mission area in the truck.
3. (What I did.) Lure the Skulls away from one side of the truck, then quickly (without being spotted by them) loop around to the other side of the truck and drive off.

Chariot

Chapter 22 - The first time I was angry at the game
Although it was of course my fault too. I was confused by the invasion and I was even more confused that I didn't had any support from buddies or supply drops. But the thing that irritated me the most was that the attack was on my R&D platform. I didn't had any idea how to move on this thing and got many alert, plus I at some point ran out of surpressor and ammo without a possiblity of restocking them. Yet I managed to defeat everyone non-lehthaly, only to accidently jump over a reeling onto a platform slightly too far down and die ._.

Menthuss

When do you get access to the security team unit? Is that part of the FOB thing? I'm on mission 20 and I've never had FOBs mentioned at all so far.

Groof

I had the skulls go past the tank and then I went around and went right next to the truck while crawling. Once skulls are past the truck I sent a bomb support on them and while I'm waiting for that to happen, I Fulton the truck. Then seconds later kaboom on the skulls and I win lol

I don't have the
fulton that can extract vehicles yet.
Missed adding that part.

Very, very early post Mission 31:
Can anyone just confirm whether or not these repeat missions are required to get the real ending? I don't mind grinding some side-ops here and there between story missions but I really don't have any urge or motivation to repeat story missions from 30 hours ago.

thejpfin

Please I love every second of the game.People just whine about everything

This might be one of the best games I've played, and I'm not even a big mgs fan.
Gameplay is rock solid and the story:
Its weird as F, but interesting

"Whine" or disappointment happens every time when massively hyped game gets released and it doesn't meet the expectation what hype gave it. Hype gives products unrealistic image what the product actually is.
Overly hyped games never meet expectations imo.

Mupod

Chapter 22 - The first time I was angry at the game
Although it was of course my fault too. I was confused by the invasion and I was even more confused that I didn't had any support from buddies or supply drops. But the thing that irritated me the most was that the attack was on my R&D platform. I didn't had any idea how to move on this thing and got many alert, plus I at some point ran out of surpressor and ammo without a possiblity of restocking them. Yet I managed to defeat everyone non-lehthaly, only to accidently jump over a reeling onto a platform slightly too far down and die ._.

Should have done your target practice!
The R&D one is brutal as fuck and took me tons of tries to clear, but it really does teach you how to move around your base unconventionally. Made that mission pretty easy.

tuxfool

Banned
Very, very early post Mission 31:
Can anyone just confirm whether or not these repeat missions are required to get the real ending? I don't mind grinding some side-ops here and there between story missions but I really don't have any urge or motivation to repeat story missions from 30 hours ago.

You have to do a certain number of missions. Doesn't matter if they're side ops or the more difficult variety of the main missions.

Chariot

Should have done your target practice!
The R&D one is brutal as fuck and took me tons of tries to clear, but it really does teach you how to move around your base unconventionally. Made that mission pretty easy.
I finished all target practises already.
Didn't enabled me much. I think I relied too much on DD and Quiet tagging enemies for me.

Symphonia

Banned
Jd3c86.jpg

I'm happy with that.

46 is the true ending, but you can find a thread on the cut mission number 51 around here, which shows what happened to Eli and the Third Boy. And no, looks like Quiet is gone forever. Shitty, I know.

Damn, that sucks :/ I've also seen some stuff with Paz in the trailers, but I haven't encountered her yet. Any idea on how to find her?

Javier23

Banned
Any hints for the boss on mission 3
?
Sahelanthropus.

I really suck at these kinds of bosses in Metal Gear, I far prefer those with clever tricks. Maybe this one have one and I'm not seeing. So far I'm
rocket launching it and getting supply drops for more rockets lol. I barely developed any lethal weapons aside from this one, so there's that.
Go down the road from where you start, you'll see a few vehicles. Makes things pretty easy. I was done with the fight in about two minutes, but it still does requires some careful driving.

spoiler for quiet and the buddy system:

so I know quiet leaves you if you get her bond maxed out. Should I not max it out? There is an achievement for doing so. Am I able to go back and max it out after the game ends?

Top Bottom